• D
  • I
  • S
  • C
  • O
  • R
  • D

Reply to this topicStart new topic

> [D-Ranked Mission] Substitute Teacher, Hyuuga and Kaguya?
ZacDesu
 Posted: Mar 5 2018, 02:07 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Member Inventory: View
Ryu: 100

Mission Link

Mission Details

Details: 'So apparently there was a Genin who requested being taught a few things and a random Jounin teacher agreed to take on that job. However, at the last moment, said teacher got sick with the flu of some sort and will be out of commission for a couple of weeks. So it is up to you, Miss Hyuuga, to act as the substitute teacher and help this ninja with whatever she needs. Let's see here.. her name is Keiko and she's from the Kaguya clan. Have you met a Kaguya before? They seem interesting, to say the least. Anyway, here's the details of your temporary job. She's waiting at the Academy in the Library. Thanks for being the only one available at such a short notice!' -Jounin Mission Giver

Objectives:
- Performing the Duties of a Teacher

Vivian Hyuuga
Keiko Kaguya

This post has been edited by ZacDesu: Mar 5 2018, 05:30 AM

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
^
Keiko Kaguya
 Posted: Mar 5 2018, 02:31 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Ryu: 10100

Why she requested the Ninja Academy teachers to teach her more stuff was beyond her reasoning. She had learned a lot of the Genin Basics by herself without the help of anyone else aside from her own clones. So why did she request a jounin teacher, you may ask? Because there were some techniques that were just unable to be learned by yourself.

The day she wanted 'training' was today and the meet up location was here in the library. Keiko had woke up earlier and came to the safe haven a while ago, already immersing herself with several books and scrolls. They all lay scattered around her, but the finished ones were piled up neatly to the right corner of the desk.

"I wonder what I wanted to learn today.. Was it just Genjutsu Kai?
Possibly there could be more things to learn, after all, I am requesting the help of a jounin after all. Better make use of their time and experience for my benefit after all~"

The girl giggled as she went back to reading more about how missions were received, sorted, and finally distributed to the ninja in a small book called "The Do's and Don'ts of Missions."

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
^
Vivian Hyuuga
 Posted: Mar 5 2018, 03:03 AM
Quote Post
Ghost of Akari

Ryu: 0

'...However, at the last moment, said teacher got sick with the flu of some sort and will be out of commission for a couple of weeks.'

Rereading the mission statement Vivian sighed and put it down. Looking after someone else's training? While she was really quite honored by the proposal she wasn't entirely certain she was the right person for the job. Almost all of her own training had been self-generated and the only times she had helped others with their self improvement had been more or less simple fights. To help bring out the potential for the next generation...

Setting aside the scroll the chuunin stood up with a determined air about her. Whether she was ready for it or not was a pointless question. The challenge was upon her regardless of how she was feeling about it, and no amount of mulling over it was going to change that. Since the meeting was going to be taking place in the library she picked up her book bag and piled in the scrolls that she had checked out and was done with. Pausing to look up at the time she noted that their meeting was supposed to happen in five minutes.

Cutting it a little close... not that it's going to be a problem.

Walking in through the library's door four and a half minutes later Vivian walked up to the return desk and deposited her scrolls there. The Kage's office was luckily enough a short walk away from the library, and she had placed her seal there ages ago. Now it was just a matter of finding her student. All she really had to go on was that the girl's name was Keiko and she was a Kaguya.

Mulling over the problem Vivian noticed something, or rather someone, out of the corner of her eye. It was little to go on, but the girl she saw reading by herself at the very least seemed to present herself as a Kaguya through her choice of apparel and hairstyle. Having no better way of going about it she walked up to her and placed her hand gently on the other girls shoulder.

"Excuse me, might you be Keiko?"

--------------------
Vivian Hyuuga
user posted image
PM
^
Keiko Kaguya
 Posted: Mar 5 2018, 03:29 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

The girl seemed to be completely engrossed in a book titled 'Personal Space' which talked about how Fuuinjutsu can be used on clothing and other things like scrolls to store multitudes of items as well as giant swords into a small, lightweight article of clothing or skin. The thought intrigued her enough to the point where she pondered whether or not she had an aptitude for the technique. Being able to store items greater than your body into small things was an interesting concept, especially since that small pocket dimension can be considered your own 'personal space'.

The hand on her shoulder garnished a full-body chill and a quick turn of the head. A young girl similar to her age had placed her hand on Keiko's body. The girl quickly eyed Vivian up and down and then fixated on her eyes. Her eyes were something the Kaguya have never seen before. Like the Uchiha, who had the Sharingan within them, there was another prominent clan that had specialized doujutsu: the Hyuuga.

"Yes, I am Keiko. Are you my jounin sensei?"

She was soo young. Practically her age and already a jounin. Wow. A look of awe filled the girl's face as green eyes stared right back into the Hyuuga's.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
^
Vivian Hyuuga
 Posted: Mar 5 2018, 04:35 AM
Quote Post
Ghost of Akari

Taken aback at the glowing reception Vivian shook her head weakly as she tried to hide the flustered look on her face.

"No no, well yes but... what I mean to say is I've been assigned to help you with what you'll be needing to learn, but I'm not a proper Jounin. To be honest I was only recently a genin myself until around a year ago. So today you'll be learning from a chuunin such as myself."

Clearing her throat and composing herself she pulled up a chair and sat down next to the Kaguya. Hopefully Keiko wasn't too disappointed by that revelation. Vivian suspected she had already proven herself more than capable for the rank of Jounin from a purely "skill" perspective, and that wasn't idle bragging on her part. After all she was readily enough accepted into the anbu.

Most likely it was a combination of how little time had passed for her since she attained this rank and the fact that she had gone on very few missions to actually showcase her skillset. With the amount of time she spent away on Mount Akarat training on her own (or close enough to on her own as far as the village was concerned) it didn't come as any surprise to her that there would be many more trials before her until she was granted the next rank.

"They didn't really tell me what it is I'm to be teaching you. We should be able to cover just about any material at a genin level, do you have any idea what it was your sensei was planning for today? Although I'm happy to answer any questions I can on other topics provided they're in fields I'm knowledgeable enough in."

--------------------
Vivian Hyuuga
user posted image
PM
^
Keiko Kaguya
 Posted: Mar 5 2018, 05:28 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Ahh, a chuunin. Becoming a chuunin is still a pretty big deal. Like Vivian, Keiko herself was well on her way to get to the next step. She had already a few missions under her belt but never had she actually had to kill anyone or anything in particular, aside from her wooden targets, that is.

Still, to become a teacher of genin is an impressive skill. The girl gave her a mental thumbs up and wink. The more she looked at the Hyuuga, the more disturbed the back of her mind was. Had they met before? This is most definitely the first time seeing the eyes of a Hyuuga, so why does she seem to recognize Vivian? Hmm.. The chair pulling brought Keiko back to reality. She quickly cleared the table of her several books and placed them in a pile with all the scrolls next to it. The only book that was out on display was 'Personal Space'.

The Kaguya explained the basic summary of Fuuinjutsu and how it utilized a different space to store or bring out items that a person can need and asked her new teacher whether or not she had any techniques that used the sealing methods of Fuuinjutsu.

Of course, the silver-haired girl was actually more interested in Vivian's eyes and the Hyuuga in general now that she herself was present, but let's ease into that particular topic at a later time and post, yeah?

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
^
Vivian Hyuuga
 Posted: Mar 5 2018, 05:57 AM
Quote Post
Ghost of Akari

Happy that Keiko wasn't disappointed in her teacher Vivian took a look at what the genin was up to. The scroll on fuuinjutsu placed before her certainly brought back some fond memories. It had been one of the first she had gone through in the time following the exams. That was when her interest in fuuinjutsu had been stimulated, after witnessing what the proctors were capable of in that arena. Thinking over Keiko's request she wondered if the fruits of her research were what the genin was asking for, but with nothing else to offer decided she may as well show it and find out.

"Well there is one... although it operates on principles beyond your standard fuuinjutsu, it's ironically the only one of my experiments to pan out so far."

Pulling out one of her special marked kunai and held it up so the seal was facing Keiko.

"Alright, I'm going to ask that you watch very carefully. What I'm about to do doesn't store or pull out so much as it sends through space. Well, space-time if you want to be precise. It's a similar idea to a regular sealing jutsu, but instead of creating a 'personal space', all of space is your space. The jutsu you're thinking of is probably 'Fuunyo no Jutsu', but other variants exist as well. An example of that is 'Raikou Kenka', very useful if you have things you need access to on a moments notice but it limits you in other ways. Now for my jutsu. Ready? Here I go."

Throwing her kunai high into the air Vivian teleported herself back to her room and swiped the apple on her desk. Then as the kunai began descending she teleported herself back to the library and grabbed it from the air, landing on the table without a sound. Sitting on the edge of the table she took a bite out of her apple and winked back at the genin before setting the apple down next to her.

"Questions?"

--------------------
Vivian Hyuuga
user posted image
PM
^
Keiko Kaguya
 Posted: Mar 5 2018, 06:11 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Questions? Heck yeah she had several questions! They would remain largely inside her brain but Keiko practically squealed in delight at how fuuinjutsu could be used in ways such as this as well. Her inner Keiko was most definitely frothing in the mouth and unconscious for the immediate duration. After a while, she began asking the important stuff that was bubbling in her head.

"What you just did, that was basically teleportation right? I've fiddled with Kawarimi and Shunshin a lot and I've gathered that even if you seem to be teleporting, you're just moving at an extremely fast speed. So if there was like a wall between you and your destination," she motioned two points and a horizontal hand denoting the wall, "you would just run straight into it and probably die."

The Kaguya emphasized the word die with her right fist colliding with her open palm. She placed her hands back down onto her lap and continued talking.

"But even if you are in an enclosed building, you're actually able to move through space in an instant and reappear in a different location? Ugyaaaah~"

Hearts seemed to pop all around Keiko as she got engrossed at the concept of true teleportation. Bright green orbs filled with awe once again pierced straight into Vivian's eyes.

"Are you able to teleport other people?"

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
^
Vivian Hyuuga
 Posted: Mar 5 2018, 06:47 AM
Quote Post
Ghost of Akari

Vivian couldn't help but giggle at Keiko's reaction, her energy was simply infectious. For the most part it sounded like Keiko knew her stuff. Nodding along at Keiko's observations Vivian held up the kunai again.

"Yeah, that's about right. It is true teleportation unlike those other jutsu. Still it does have it's own limitations. The trick is this seal."

Handing the kunai over to Keiko she ran her fingers down the side the seal was permanently engraved to.

"That seal will never fade, I'm pretty sure long after I'm dead it'll still be around. And as long as it exists I can bring myself to it whenever I want to. It's my own personal seal so even if someone else knows this jutsu they have to place their own. I've been setting mine up around Akarigakure for the last year or so. Mainly for convenience, but in the event of an emergency it pays to be able to respond rapidly no matter where the threat is."

As Vivian looked at the earnestness in Keiko's eyes her own gaze softened as memories of a life now out of her own reach came flooding back. If the incident with Shishimaru hadn't occurred would she still be this full of life?

'So there are still people like that, huh. Chouten-sama you meddlesome ass, did you plan this?'

The bitterness in her own heart insisted that it was too late for her, but perhaps there was still hope for those that came after her. Forcing a smile she reached out and offered her hand to Keiko.

"Hmm... Yeah I think I can do that for you if you'd like. Feeling up to it?"

If the genin took the offer then in an instant the scenery would shift as the two would find themselves at the peak of a mountain. All around them would be the home of the tengu, although none would be in sight when they arrived. Looking around with a feeling of contentment Vivian placed her hands on her hips and relaxed visibly.

"Welcome to my home away from home."

Of course if Keiko didn't take Vivian's hand then none of that happened, but that's for next post for me to worry about.

--------------------
Vivian Hyuuga
user posted image
PM
^
Keiko Kaguya
 Posted: Mar 5 2018, 07:03 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

The girl looked down at the seal on her kunai. It was an interesting shape to say the least. As Vivian continued to explain how she placed this specific seal everywhere around Akarigakure, Keiko imagined a youthful Hyuuga jumping around the village placing her hand on every single building and monuments. The thought aroused a chuckle from the younger female.

Even if Keiko's eyes began to wander after a while, they were brought straight back to her teacher, even more shining and radiant than ever. Her eyes were molten emeralds, polished for several years until they permanently formed a lustrous shine to them and then heated by a fiery winged dragon. The Kaguya's head vibrated up and down rapidly and quickly took the chuunin's hand with her own.

In that same instant, she didn't even notice the tugging sensation that she usually felt with Kawarimi or Shunshin. Rather, her eyes began to immediately close shut because of the change in brightness. The air was also unnaturally clear and crisp. Keiko didn't immediately realize that they had already moved to the new location and by the time the girl came to her senses, she suddenly became dumbfounded at the realization.

"Whoa.."

Keiko used Chouyaku to supplement her jumping ability as well as Ki Nobori to give herself a better grip on the buildings she was jumping on top of to see the world around her. She tried looking for Akarigakure by looking for a desert and a river but couldn't see anything in sight. Wherever Vivian was, the girl would either raise or lower her voice to ask another question.

"Does your jutsu use up more chakra inside of you the greater the distance you need to travel?"

She was curious about the practicalities and usage of her personal technique and wanted to know more. Keiko herself created a few techniques of her own but none of them compared to something as amazing as this. When she gets back home, she will most definitely research and find a way to make a jutsu similar to Viv's. It was just too awesome.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
^
Vivian Hyuuga
 Posted: Mar 5 2018, 07:24 AM
Quote Post
Ghost of Akari

Having brought them to the mountains while the council was in session Vivian wasn't overly surprised to find no one else around. On the upper levels of the mountain where they found themselves anyone permitted entry was bound to be attending that meeting. She had no idea what it was they had to talk about having been forbidden entry herself, but at the same time it wasn't like she was overly interested. After all it was likely mostly to do with the governance of the Tengu themselves, and that was a matter best left to them.

As she hadn't retrieved her kunai from Keiko, Vivian found it easy enough to simply teleport herself to the Kaguya's side to give her explanation. The jutsu truly was well suited for her, as between that and the training she had received through the anbu she was able to almost entirely erase her presence.

"No, although it does take up more chakra to bring more people. Other than that the only limitation is where I can go. If there's no seal I can't move there. Think of it like walking through a door. I'm on one side of the door, and the other side is the seal. If I were to walk the normal way getting to Mount Akarat would take days, maybe even weeks. But that's not what we did. We just took one step, so to speak. Not a literal step but let's work with this metaphor. I can walk through any door easily enough, but I can't walk through a door that doesn't exist. Similarly I can help other people walk through the door, but the effort really is minimal. It's a complicated little bugger with a rewarding payoff once you master it. The seal does most of the heavy lifting for you for this technique."

Crossing her arms Vivian walked a short ways off to the side and looked out off the edge of the roof they found themselves on.

"Now. As fun as this may be we should get the important stuff out of the way first. If we have time at the end I can show you more should you still be interested. Hopefully that was a helpful display for possible applications of fuuinjutsu. I have a few others I've been working on but those are all in the hypothetical stages, I haven't even begun to properly calibrate a formula. What else would you like to work on?"

--------------------
Vivian Hyuuga
user posted image
PM
^
Keiko Kaguya
 Posted: Mar 5 2018, 08:31 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

"You've created yourself an awesome technique-"

With all the excitement in the air, Keiko completely forgot to realize that she didn't know the name of her teacher. She had the Hyuuga eyes, sure, but what was her name? The girl scrounged around and dug inside her brain trying to remember what the fifteen-year-old said her name was. Nothing came to mind. Slightly dejected, she asked another question to hide the awkward pause.

"So you would have to make the whole trip first before being able to do the jutsu. That's cool, you've been to a lot of places huh, Onee-san? The next question set would be a different topic: Genjutsu. I've read up on it a lot, but I still haven't experienced it myself aside from that one Student Basic called Sakki. I've wanted to learn Genjutsu Kai, but I don't really have a partner to practice it with. I usually train my techniques by myself and I've made a few improvements on a few of them, if you wanted to know. That was the main reason for having you here; to teach me how to use Genjutsu Kai."

The hopeful student would return the kunai back into Vivian's hand and 'hopefully' get an answer to her Kai problem.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
^
Vivian Hyuuga
 Posted: Mar 7 2018, 06:11 AM
Quote Post
Ghost of Akari

To say that Vivian was unaccustomed to the kind of praise or even attention Keiko was giving her was an understatement. She hadn't bothered making any friends in the academy, and even when working with her team as a genin she had mostly kept to herself. Being with someone who seemed to look up to her filled her with a warm feeling she wasn't even remotely used to.

Noticing the awkward silence she didn't really know what to make of it, so she mulled it over while listening to Keiko go on with her question. Genjutsu wasn't really a field she felt particularly accomplished in beyond understanding the basics. Serenity, Jash, Zau... any of them would have a deeper understanding on the topic. Still she was the one who was chosen so she would make do.

"So you have some experience with Sakki? That's rather lucky on our part then, I have a genjutsu that builds off the same principles as Sakki. Mind you I'm not very good at genjutsu overall so what you'll experience with me would be weaker than with a genjutsu expert. Perhaps that's a good thing if we're just starting off. How much do you know about Kai already?"

Then out of the aether it seemed to click into place. Vivian's face seemed to light up in comprehension as she was fairly certain she had figured out the earlier oddity.

"Oh... oh! Of course! My name is Vivian. I'm sorry, I forgot to properly introduce myself when we met."

--------------------
Vivian Hyuuga
user posted image
PM
^
Keiko Kaguya
 Posted: Mar 7 2018, 06:48 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

"How much do I know about Kai?"

Keiko recounted to Viv the textbook definition of everything there was to know about Kai that could be learned from the official book. Other than that, there wasn't really anything she knew about the technique.

"Can I call you my older sister?"

Cue in giggle from the Kaguya teenager and a random hug out of nowhere.

Of course this wasn't without reason. Keiko had a little brother but had no older siblings nor any sisters. Seeing someone confident and strong like Vivian sparked a long lost aching for an older sister that she never had but always wanted.

In any case, the fifteen year old had explained all she knew about Kai and wanted a practical lesson in the jutsu. Whenever her teacher/sister was ready, she would be subjected to whatever genjutsu Vivian casted.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topic

Skin made by Kman of Kskins