Reply to this topicStart new topic

> [Open] Rumble Springs, Spar?
Sakura Dezaki
 Posted: Jan 20 2018, 05:35 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Member Inventory: View
Ryu: 2500

The sweet delicate perfume of Wisteria wafted across the arena. Her nostrils flared, her azure eyes sparkled with awe as they raised up to focus on the flowers of the tree. Spring time was truly the most beautiful season from her perspective, everything was so youthful and full of life, the same thing she had hoped could be said about the place she was currently sat. Underneath the Wisteria. Waiting for a challenge.

A flower floated down from above and landed in her short hair, descending from one of the clusters hanging from the vines. Her heart skipped a beat as she hoped someone had turned up to entertain her but as she glanced around, she noted that that was not the case at all. The arena was beautiful, a true paradise, a little shard of everything a shinobi student could need for any of their fighting styles found in the area. Raising her slender fingers, she plucked the runaway flower from her hair and rolled it through her fingers, smiling at both its beauty and its destruction.

“Why won’t anyone approach me?
I thought being an idol would be fun.”

--------------------
PM
^
Sakura Dezaki
 Posted: Jan 31 2018, 02:18 PM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Time continued to pass and it was obvious that nobody was going to approach her, BUT, she wasn’t willing to give up on the spar just yet. Surely somebody would show up and be happy to duel a beautiful lady, she wanted to experience the thrill of the fight at least once before she left the academy, even if it meant getting knocked on her cute little butt.

As she waited, she stood underneath the tree with her legs spread slightly, going through a set of katas that she was practicing to protect herself. They were unconventional for the academy, almost designed to be instinctive defense more than structured, but she was sure that she would make this new fighting style work. The spar would definitely test that to its limits.

(OOC: Please join me http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/sad.gif )

--------------------
PM
^
Yuzuru Kodogu
 Posted: Jan 31 2018, 04:43 PM
Quote Post

Ryu: 200

OOC: I offer this guy as tribute. Or he can spectate your spar with someone else, I'm mainly bored.

Ah, the life of a genin. So young. So full of potential. So bored.

Since his promotion from the academy Yuzuru had done nothing but train under the instruction of various teachers, not one of which was the one he was actually supposed to be training under. Weren't genin supposed to have a team and a proper sensei? At this rate he would end up teaching himself everything he needed to know before he was assigned to a squad.

He wasn't one to complain however. Every day he would be back at the same routine making what little progress he could on his own. Yet on this day when he arrived there was someone already present. Hanging back for awhile Yuzuru observed the younger kunoichi's movements unabashedly from a distance.

The only thing the genin could tell really was that this was a fighting style he had not encountered before. He could only admire the flow of the movements so obviously focused on protection, but wondered how well that would fare against a more aggressive opponent. He himself was not such a man, but perhaps he could still put it to the test and educate himself as well in the process. Clearing his throat to draw attention to himself if she hadn't already noticed him he approached within comfortable talking distance and gave a quick half-bow as he introduced himself.

"I don't think I've seen you around here before. My name's Yuzuru. If you don't mind, could I perhaps join in?"

--------------------
Yuzuru Kodogu
user posted image
PM
^
Sakura Dezaki
 Posted: Feb 1 2018, 01:53 PM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

(I would be honoured to have your RP company, as long as you don’t mind my cadence of one post per day. Our timezones and my lifestyle and such.)

A gentle throat clearance alerted Sakura to a person's presence and snapped her instantly back to reality, having been previously lost going through the motions of her form. Her sapphire eyes darted to lock with the newcomer and for a split second she lost her breath in awe of his beauty. He was older than her that much was clear, no way could he possibly be a student, maybe he was even an idol. Yuzuku looked like he took care of his appearance, so she hoped that this would mean that he would also respect hers, nobody wanted any nasty scars from some playful fun.

As he strode closer it only became more apparent of how stunningly beautiful he was and as he bowed an introduction, she too would reciprocate with a half-bow of her own before breaking into a sunny smile and holding a peace sign as was all the rage with people of her generation...or at least, it was her thing.

“Nice to meet you Yuzuru! I’m Sakura.
I don’t get to come to the academy too often, the shows tend to get in the way.”

The little idol patted at her pouch as she stared upwards at the towering “giant”, checking that everything was secure and maintaining the comfortable distance that he had established between them. She didn’t break eye contact with him at any point, exuding the confidence in her being that would be expected from her idol life if not the confidence in her fighting skills. She would not back down from his challenge, there would be no fear and no hesitation. She was ready.

“I’d absolutely love it if you joined in!
I’ve been waiting for someone to come along. I thought maybe I’d scared everyone off.
Is there an etiquette to this? I’ve never actually had to fight before.”

She thought back to how Ninigi and Keiko had done it, taking it in turns to press the attack. Sakura wasn’t sure she liked that idea but she was inexperienced in the shinobi ways, she hoped Yuzuru was more so.

--------------------
PM
^
Yuzuru Kodogu
 Posted: Feb 2 2018, 04:38 PM
Quote Post

It wasn't until he got up close that Yuzuru got a good look of how adorable the girl was. Her cheerful disposition only added to her charm in his opinion, and he was left wondering where he had heard the name Sakura before. It was a common enough name but there was something about her that made him feel like he should know of her. Of course with his lifestyle he had never been to any sort of concert, but that didn't mean the people around him didn't talk about them.

"Etiquette? Hmm. Well some fight until one side can't keep going. Others fight more artfully, with the victor being decided without any blows being landed. Short of 'don't kill each other' there isn't much anyone agrees on universally, so I suppose the etiquette is whatever we say it is."

He would leave the mystery of who Sakura was for later. Perhaps once they were done here she could tell him more. For now he would instead focus on what was right before him, the mystery of her fighting style. Yuzuru formed a series of handseals and extended his hand out to the side palm down. After a second's delay a mass of metal extended out of his hand horizontally on either side of his hand, an amorphous blob that quickly solidified into a metal staff. With a flourish he spun the weapon a few times while eying it critically. He spoke softly as he kept his eyes on the weapon and the imperfections only his eyes could see.

"The quality could be better.... much better. Hmph. Do you have anything you need to do or any other questions before we begin?"

--------------------
Yuzuru Kodogu
user posted image
PM
^
Sakura Dezaki
 Posted: Feb 3 2018, 10:13 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Sakura listened intently as Yuzuru explained that different people had different etiquettes and nodded along. He mostly went around in a circle coming to no significant conclusion and it worried her slightly that there would be “no rules” but given that they were in the academy, she wasn’t overly concerned.

“Don’t kill each other. Got it!”

The boy started performing hand seals and Sakura hopped backwards in preparation for whatever was about to happen, although as the metal pole began to form, she felt a bit silly for distrusting the friendly man and going immediately on guard. Her hand was already in her pouch grabbing hold of a weapon but now that she had relaxed, she pulled a single kunai from it and mimicked his flourish with her own tiny little knife.

“That's such a cool ability!
All I have is this little thing…”

Taking a standard defensive stance with her kunai in one hand in front of her body and an open palm behind, she would beckon her partner to come. She would look calm and ready on the outside, like she was waiting for Yuzuru to make the first move, but in reality she was already beginning the process of channeling her chakra in preparation for Kanden without hand seals.

“No questions. Train me senpai.”

--------------------
PM
^
Yuzuru Kodogu
 Posted: Feb 4 2018, 12:57 PM
Quote Post

Yuzuru looked up in amusement as Sakura jumped back from him forming handseals. Not that he really blamed her, he was a stranger that just showed up and handseals can lead to some pretty nasty things. If anything her sense of preservation should be commended. As she commented on her own weapon he placed the tip of his staff against the earth and leaned against it casually.

"Well, would you like a different weapon? Let me know what you'd like and I should be able to make it for you before we begin."

Perhaps he was mistaken when he thought it sounded like she wished for something more than a kunai, perhaps not. If she did make a request of him there were indeed few things he couldn't make on a moments notice. He would bring it into being and walk it over to her to hand it off before heading back to his side of the arena. With that out of the way the staff would be back firmly in his hands and he would give Sakura a nod with a broad smile on his face.

"Now we begin."

The genin would again move towards Sakura but he didn't run or move in any particular hurry. He would have to close the gap between the two of them to make use of his weapon of course but he wasn't the most aggressive fighter. He'd get there when he got there.

--------------------
Yuzuru Kodogu
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topic

Skin made by Kman of Kskins