IzzetDragon
 Posted: Feb 1 2018, 08:05 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Member Inventory: View
Ryu: 0

Name: Twilight Monarch

Size: 5 inches wingspan

Description: A large butterfly that holds a dark color pallet ranging from black primary and a mix of dark blue and purple around the wings. As they flap their wings little aesthetic sparkles can be seen.

Special Abilities: These insects can create a suppression field that holds/stops movement from anything caught within its field. They spread out and surround a target(s) and everything within that space that holds physical mass is suppressed, preventing them from moving even slightly. This field cannot be moved once activated; the same restriction of movement applies to the insects as well which prevents themselves from moving without first cancelling the field.

Limitations:
-The insects form a dome over a targeted area that cannot exceed more than 10 meters or a single target; the range requires 25 insects but more for a larger single target. This cannot be removed.
-Single targets greater than the range take up all the user's capabilities with this technique.
-This can hold those caught in its field for 1 post for every 10 Spirituality. This cannotbe removed.
-Those who have greater Spirituality than the user can resist this. This cannot be removed but the user can sacrifice Concentration completely to reduce to sluggish movement for 1 post per 20 Concentration.
-If the user creates more domes they must be within their line of sight and are restricted to the range limitation; used against a single larger target can only be used once. This cannot be removed.

Drawbacks:
-This field cannot distinguish between friend or foe; even its own user. This cannot be removed.

Cost:
50; Jutsu Activation

Amount: 5
2 Female
3 Male

--------------------
PM
^
BurningBright
 Posted: Feb 3 2018, 12:06 AM
Quote Post
Administrator

Ryu: 700

I would like for this to follow similar rules as the Nara clan's Kagemane no Jutsu [Shadow Possession Technique]. This can have slightly more favorable numbers than Kagemane since it's a higher rank, but it does need a mechanism for being able to resist it.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
IzzetDragon
 Posted: Feb 3 2018, 04:44 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Suirou no Jutsu [Water Prison Technique]
Requirements: Nearby water
Description: The user gathers water up around their arm to form around a nearby opponent. Once formed, the user can freely control the pressure of the water within the prison, effectively keeping a captured target from making even minor movements. The user can also use the technique on themselves, while controlling the water pressure within, to make a suitable shield.
Drawbacks: At least one body part must remain in contact with the sphere at all times, or the technique will fall apart; the sphere is immobile after being formed, therefore restricting the user's movements severely. This drawback may not be removed.
Cost: 65

I was actually using the template for water prison just less chakra since water techniques are naturally higher cost and this doesn't share the potential for drowning

Hm...what if instead of attribute numbers I give it a post duration then add a resistance, side Genin don't have many attributes

--------------------
PM
^
BurningBright
 Posted: Feb 4 2018, 09:33 AM
Quote Post
Administrator

I'm not sure where you're getting Water = more chakra from...that's not true, at least not on this forum, nor is it even mentioned in the wiki. You have a point on the drowning issue, but, there are still significant advantages this one has over Water Prison.

1. The user doesn't need to be right next to the jutsu, which gives him quite a few more offensive and defensive options. He doesn't even need to be in sight-he can use this while hidden and bombard the area with attacks from outside, or can use this to remove combatants from the fight so he can deal with them one at a time. It's considerably less limiting than WP.

2. This jutsu explicitly has a variable size. As written, you can absolutely encircle a whole village and paralyze everything inside said village with 50 chakra. So it's also considerably more potent than WP. This aspect, actually, needs a change; there needs to be some limiter to how large this can get, and preferably should require extra chakra for catching multiple targets.

3. This jutsu is far less noticeable than Water Prison. There's no way to not identify water prison for what it is-if you can't move and there is a sphere of water surrounding you, the two things are PROBABLY related; depending on how far apart the butterflies are though, you might very well not be able to identify what is paralyzing everyone. 1 butterfly every mile in a circle isn't going to be giving away the secret.

4. There are conceivable defenses to Water Prison; a sealless technique like Rasengan or One Body Blow could break the water, or Chidori Stream could shock the jutsu's user, for instance, thereby undoing the jutsu. Those defenses would do nothing to this technique from the inside, and if the attack had mass, it would even be held in place by this technique as well. Once caught, there is no conceivable way to free yourself.

For the above reasons, a post duration really isn't a good fit for this. If someone is paralyzed and defenseless while you are not, all you need is a single post.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
IzzetDragon
 Posted: Feb 4 2018, 10:08 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Ouch facts hurt http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif alright you made your...well more than...okay no retort http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/laugh.gif so what numbers would you suggest 1 post for evey 5 willpower? Well since this uses chakra rather than will I guess it should be spirituality

Edited: Kisame, Kakashi and others said it quite often..I think even Gyuki said it to Bee once when fighting Kisame

--------------------
PM
^
BurningBright
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 01:33 AM
Quote Post
Administrator

The Kagemane jutsu uses chakra too and relies on willpower, that's not necessarily the deciding factor. Use Spirituality if you want, but Willpower could be equally appropriate.

As for numbers...it should use at LEAST Kagemane numbers, since, just like with Kagemane, it's total paralysis. It might even need to be a little higher, since, as I pointed out, the user is still free to do whatever he wants. In that way, this jutsu is more useful than Kagemane.

There also needs to be some sort of mechanism for resisting this. Kagemane is restricted in that they copy your actions, and that if they get hurt, so do you. It's a delaying tactic, not a victory condition. Since this jutsu doesn't restrict the user, there needs to be a way to resist once caught.

Also, see my point 2. There needs to be something to keep these from making a containment field that's too large.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
IzzetDragon
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 02:09 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

What I meant was Shadow uses the user's willpower to hold them, using their will, this doesn't. It uses pure chakra and since high spirituality is common, way more than willpower, it's a weakness in of itself

I noticed a few things weren't clear so I added in a clearer definition for them, primarily "anything" which includes the user. To launch an attack through this is virtually impossible without using the appropriate kind of attack with no physical mass so only lightning, wind, fire, pure chakra, etc.

Point 2 done

--------------------
PM
^
BurningBright
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 07:53 AM
Quote Post
Administrator

To launch an attack through this is virtually impossible without using the appropriate kind of attack with no physical mass so only lightning, wind, fire, pure chakra, etc.

So...non-elemental and 3/5 elements. Given those qualifications, you're actually less likely to have your own jutsu stopped by this technique than otherwise.

The user also being immobilized by this doesn't mean much if you don't have to be in the middle to use it. Anyone who fought intelligently with these would just make sure to never be in the AoE. Then they just shoot fireballs at the trapped target til there's nothing left but ashes.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
IzzetDragon
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 08:06 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

That could be true, it would be the case, the same for shadow paralysis...just hold them until someone hits them enough times was what Shikamaru said or in a more brainy way, reason for the whole teamwork of their clan's

Okay, so what are you asking? Remember I'm dumb I don't get it, I only get points are being made. I added the same numbers for resistance, a level of complete resistance with a small chance to hold, range distance so it can't be a whole village as you asked and added range and/or target limit to be a limited area or a single target

I don't know what else you're getting at; higher rank, not more favorable numbers, longer and harder and more difficult to perform, less chance to inflict damage on immobilized targets from all parties, what else does it need, you said it can be more favorable but this keeps falling back more and more, it's not making sense http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/unsure.gif 😓

--------------------
PM
^
ZacDesu
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 12:26 PM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

CODE
Suirou no Jutsu [Water Prison Technique]
Requirements: Nearby water
Description: The user gathers water up around their arm to form around a nearby opponent. Once formed, the user can freely control the pressure of the water within the prison, effectively keeping a captured target from making even minor movements. The user can also use the technique on themselves, while controlling the water pressure within, to make a suitable shield.
Drawbacks: At least one body part must remain in contact with the sphere at all times, or the technique will fall apart; the sphere is immobile after being formed, therefore restricting the user's movements severely. This drawback may not be removed.
Cost: 65

I saw that you were comparing this to Water Prison and your reasoning for less chakra cost was because the water prison can kill people.

I do like to say that this range is 25 meters. A typical Water Prison is a single meter. It does say that this can only affect 1 person, but 25 meters is 75 feet. To put into real life example, an NBA court is like 94 feet long. This is little more than 3/4 the size of the court. Considering it's also circular sized, this covers an extremely wide area.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
^
IzzetDragon
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 01:10 PM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Well no it's two different things but I get what you're saying...size reduced to 10 meters, help any...this is higher rank which is the point behind why I choose range over numbers

--------------------
PM
^
BurningBright
 Posted: Feb 19 2018, 09:13 AM
Quote Post
Administrator

Uh...it's not higher ranked than Water Prison.

As to your point with Kagemane, they can't just lock them up and then beat on them. Any damage done to the trapped target is replicated on the user, demonstrated when Gaara goes after Lee in the hospital and Naruto punches Gaara; Shikamaru feels the punch. So, again, this gives the wielder a great deal more freedom.

In any case, this is fine now. Approved.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Closed TopicStart new topic

Skin made by Kman of Kskins