• D

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topic

> Fanning the Flames, Training, training and more training
Yuzuru Kodogu
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 03:58 PM
Quote Post

Member Inventory: View
Ryu: 200

It was a quiet day at Yuzuru's favorite training grounds. The sun blazed high above telling him it was some time early in the afternoon yet still there was no racket disturbing the peace. Considering by this time he would have usually had his first bout training it was an odd feeling to find himself with nothing better to do. Even though he had the morning off however he still didn't want to wander too far. Soon his training partner would arrive, some distant cousin from the Uchiha clan. With his usual instructors out on a mission he was going to be left to his own devices for the next little while. Well, sort of his own devices. Training partner after all.

He knew very little about this Ninigi. In fact it should be more accurate to say he really knew nothing about him at all, as knowing he was an Uchiha really didn't count. Yuzuru grimaced as irritating memories surfaced. Hopefully he wasn't overly hot-headed like many of that clan were known to be. It felt odd to think of them that way as he technically was a part of that same group, but he liked to think their trademark nature didn't much manifest itself in him.

Enjoying the shade under one of the trees in the sidelines Yuzuru meditated as he waited for the appointed time. There was much to think on, the freshly appointed genin still uncertain about the direction he wanted to take his life in. One way or another the life of a shinobi was going to be his whether he liked it or not. That much at least seemed to be the consensus among the various factions vying for control of his life. The question was where exactly that meant he was to go. Would he end up following the path of fire, or steel?

--------------------
Yuzuru Kodogu
user posted image
PM
^
Uchiha, Ninigi
 Posted: Feb 4 2018, 04:54 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Ryu: 600

The days moved by without care for what any one man or woman did with this allocation. Twenty-four hours to invest and 365 of such, and for a young ninja like Ninigi, time did seem to move slowly while he wasn't doing anything fantastic. He had noticed this and decided he wanted to be constantly occupied with activities that improved his skills and that was why he was here today.

He knew very little about Yuzuru, and all he knew was in his full name. Only that name he was called by would give any indication to whatever clans he belonged to, besides the Uchiha. But what had Ninigi even heard? He was just a little bit late for the meet up with his clansman but finally he had arrived at the training ground.

"I hope I'm not horribly late Yuzuru"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Yuzuru Kodogu
 Posted: Feb 7 2018, 01:39 AM
Quote Post

Yuzuru looked up at the sound Ninigi's approach. Standing up and dusting himself off he shook his head as he spun Ninigi's lack of perfect punctuality in a positive light. At least he assumed it was Ninigi, he had never seen the other genin in his life.

"Not at all. It's refreshing to have a bit of time to myself so I can relax and mentally prepare."

Offering his hand to the other Uchiha he would give it a firm handshake accompanied with a slight bow before properly introducing himself.

"Yuzuru of the Kodogu, Uchiha and Shizuka clans."

He dutifully listed off his various affiliations as if reading off a prepared note. If left up to him he would be just 'Yuzuru' but that wasn't how the world worked as far as those around him were concerned. He wasn't the type to complain about something that mundane. He nodded towards the training grounds with more enthusiasm than his introduction had managed to draw out of him.

"Now that we're both here, is there anything you wanted to discuss before we begin? I don't know about you but I've been itching to test out some new jutsu."

--------------------
Yuzuru Kodogu
user posted image
PM
^
Uchiha, Ninigi
 Posted: Feb 7 2018, 07:53 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Nini would become slightly more alert the moment Yuzuru looked up, taking a deep breath he would carve a faint warm smile on his face. Yuzuru would dust himself as Nini apologized for his lateness and as such the conversation would begin. "Ah, yes." He would say just before he let his hand reach out for the incoming shake, his eyes making significant eye contact as the greeting was done. It was funny that they were from a clan where eye contact was probably as sought after as it was feared. It would take a mature Uchiha only a careless gaze to transform the fortunes of a battle or subdue a person. Fortunately neither Yuzuru or Ninigi was a genjutsu master yet, nor were they at hostilities so this would go by smoothly.

"That's quite a backing of prestigious clans, you sir, aren't one to be messed with." He remarked, his mind almost drifting off to the days when he ran around the streets and nearby compounds, a lot younger then, and with the friends in his company calling him the "Prince of the Uchiha". Being the son of the clan head he too coincidentally wasn't one to be messed around with. As Yuzuru nodged in the direction of the training grounds Ninigi would let out a mild "Hmph" sound. "You know, if you're itching to try out your jutsu, I'll be honored to assist in practice. I'll pull out a jutsu of mine or two to complement the session."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Yuzuru Kodogu
 Posted: Feb 17 2018, 06:17 AM
Quote Post

Grimacing Yuzuru shook his head at the needless praise.

"Hardly. Their accomplishments are not my own. In any case... obviously if you're going to be helping me with my training I'd expect to be helping you with yours. It's only fair, so let me know of any way I can be of use."

With that Yuzuru looked to head over to the training grounds and set himself up. It seemed Ninigi was just are raring to go as he himself was and that there wouldn't be much need for any further discussion. Still he wasn't going to rule it out entirely just because he wanted to get to the fun stuff.

Going through a short series of handseals slowly without any hint of aggression he formed a spear for himself to use as he walked over to the far side of the grounds. Holding it loosely with the point angled at the ground and to the side he turned his gaze back at his partner.

"Ready when you are."

--------------------
Yuzuru Kodogu
user posted image
PM
^
Uchiha, Ninigi
 Posted: Feb 22 2018, 12:44 PM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Yuzuru would produce a spear out of nowhere as he walked to the other side and Ninigi's eyes would open a little bit wider. He wasn't very sure if the spear had been unsealed or fabricated out of chakra, but nonetheless he would perform hand seals of his own while Yuzuru wasn't facing him. Once the Kodogu turned he would see Ninigi's left forearm completely consumed by fires of Katon: Juukaki

Ninigi pulled out a scroll from his side pocket and hummed a little bit as he unrolled it carefully on the ground before him. Unsealing two shuriken from the scroll he would stand erect with his burning hand slightly extended from his body as though he was feared for the fate of his clothes. He heard Yuzuru clearly but before he initiated the session, he would seek a bit more clarification from the older Uchiha.

"What exactly would you like to train? A spear suggests close combat, but the distance you created betrays that."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Yuzuru Kodogu
 Posted: Feb 22 2018, 01:02 PM
Quote Post

Yuzuru kept his eyes on the flames that licked Ninigi's clothing, indeed perhaps dangerously so as he watched the other genin keep his arm well away from himself. He had never seen that jutsu before and as such had no way of knowing what its capabilities would be. He would be lying if he said the prospect of facing the unknown didn't get him just a little more excited.

"I have two jutsu that I need to work on with some urgency. The first you've already seen, we call it Flash-Forge. Any weapon, indeed any item I can make in an instant as long as I know its design. My goal is to be able to speed this process along as much as possible. As to the range, it would be discourteous to attack from up close out of nowhere if you were a ranged fighter. Not to mention my opponents in a real fight might not offer me the same opportunity. If you're ranged it's rude and I learn less, and if you're not then I'm sure we'll meet in the middle before long. Either way starting over here can't hurt."

Seeing as it looked like Ninigi was prepared Yuzuru gave another bow, this one more pronounced. From that position he took a sprinters stance while still holding his spear and then pushed off into a dash straight for the other genin at top speed. Well, top speed considering how weighed down he was with his training equipment. From there it would depend on his partners reaction. Would he let Yuzuru get in close? Would he try to maintain that distance? What was the true nature of that fire? Yuzuru was flexible in how he would approach this as he was quite comfortable at any range.

Kept at a distance he would throw the spear and start another set of handseals to forge more equipment, while if met head-on he could dictate the range himself with the use of spear aiming for a series of shallow slashes and thrusts. Regardless of the course he had to take the genin would execute in a highly controlled fashion not once allowing a hint of bloodlust to enter into his attacks.

--------------------
Yuzuru Kodogu
user posted image
PM
^
Uchiha, Ninigi
 Posted: Feb 22 2018, 01:55 PM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Ninigi would watch as his opponent watched him, both of them were a bit of a distance from each other and the fun was about to begin. Nini was partly waiting for his partner to turn on the Sharingan so he could reciprocate the honor, but it didn't come. When? The opponent would explain his jutsu first and subsequently bow before he took his "ready to begin" stance. Nini would watch as Yuzuru got off his mark and headed for him, spear in hand. While his opponent closed the distance he felt he should speak a bit about his own jutsu.

"This jutsu is called Firearm, I created it. It works just like..." He would raise his burning arm to the level of his face and would look down it's length as though he was taking aim at Yuzuru."... a firearm, watch out." He would say just before a rapid projectile resembling a burning dart would fly out straight for Yuzuru's right shouder, the fire on Ninigi's arm disappearing in the same moment. The jutsu was quick but hopefully the head's up would allow Yuzuru evade the jutsu. Speaking of speed, Yuzuru seemed to run just about at the same speed as Ninigi, and for him this meant the sharingan might not be necessary at the moment.

Regardless of if Yuzuru tried to deflect the shot or dodge it, Nini would fling a shuriken at his next position, aiming for the same part of his body; the right shoulder.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Yuzuru Kodogu
 Posted: Feb 22 2018, 02:45 PM
Quote Post

With the distance between the two Yuzuru would have time to hear Ninigi's explanation, as well as have to deal with the follow-up attack. He had seen the expectant look on the other genin's face leading up to the explanation but wasn't entirely certain what that was about. Had he forgotten some part of the etiquette? The Kodogu would have to ask afterwards, for now there were more pressing matters at hand.

Taking the warning to imply that he was meant to dodge Yuzuru moved out of the way of... whatever was coming. At the same time he took the spear in both hands and angled it so the shaft would provide some sort of coverage to the attack. A few moments later he was glad that he did as the projectile hammered into his weapon.

Pausing to inspect it he noted the shearing done to the metal. He himself was rather sturdy and he could make sturdier protection if he set his mind to it. A spear wasn't meant to absorb that sort of impact at the end of the day. Still, it was clear he shouldn't be getting hit by that jutsu anytime soon. Raising an eyebrow at Ninigi Yuzuru smiled in amusement.

"Noted."

It was only then that Yuzuru saw the incoming shuriken having been engrossed with the results of the earlier jutsu. Stabbing the remains of the shaft into the ground he flipped through his handseals again and grabbed a hold of the weapon once more. The enhanced durability provided to him by his bloodline eliminating any worries about potential damage and he simply let it hit him. Compared to the earlier attack a simple unenhanced shuriken hardly warranted any attention. Extra material formed at the damaged end of his spear repairing it while in his other hand an aspis formed to protect his torso. Now re-equipped and ready to fight once more he resumed his forward motion ever closer to his partner seemingly unfazed by the damage done to his armory.

--------------------
Yuzuru Kodogu
user posted image
PM
^
Uchiha, Ninigi
 Posted: Feb 23 2018, 12:09 PM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Yuzuru was smart much to Ninigi's delight, he would keep his eye on the burning hand and would act swiftly once the shot was fired off. The spear he had fabricated earlier would be put in the way, and upon collision with the bullet, suffer damage that deemed it ready for repair. Yuzuru was going to display his Flash Forge again, but not before he dealt with the trailing shuriken. Ninigi expected him to at least dodge it, but the Kodogu seemed to notice it and decide consciously that it wasn't worth his time.

Nini would watch with surprise as the shuriken flew into Yuzuru's shoulder, with almost no indication from Yuzuru to suggest that the shuriken had actually hit him. Oh? Why didn't you say so?"Tough guy huh?" Ninigi's eyebrows furrowed as he tried to take a keen look at the shoulder, analyzing what he could from the distance he stood. Yes, it hit him, it's still there. He blinked a few times and shook his head in amazement before calling out Yuzuru.

"You should have told me at the start that I wouldn't be needing these." Ninigi would say as he motioned to the scroll on the floor from where he had unsealed the shuriken earlier. And just as Yuzuru recommenced his forward charge, the fire of Juukaki would reappear on his arm just in time. "This is an academy trick, don't fall for it."

Ninigi would activate his sharingan now as he needed even better aim for what he was about to pull. Running to the side and towards the wall, he would fling the second shuriken he had unsealed in Yuzuru's direction. The shuriken's path would be a curved one veering away from Yuzuru, its threat becoming less apparent as it continued to curl away. For the brief moment it flew away, Ninigi hoped Yuzuru at least took note of it, as he fired another shot after, the bullet flying to hit the shuriken in what would be determined a pretty accurate shot. Firearm: Bullseye As the bullet struck the shuriken Ninigi would have formed a single hand seal, the result being a change in the flight path of both projectiles.

Both would now fly for Yuzuru, the "harmless" shuriken aiming for his face, while the fire shot would be going in his general direction. Ninigi hadn't put much malice into the changed flight of the fire shot and it would be coming at Yuzuru in such a way that it wouldn't be too hard to block with his shield or get out of the way of altogether.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Yuzuru Kodogu
 Posted: Feb 25 2018, 04:20 AM
Quote Post

As Yuzuru moved the shuriken was dislodged from his clothing and his robes sealed themselves seamlessly through wardrobe change. It wasn't often he trained with outsiders so he tended to forget that most people might find his durability to be out of the ordinary. He waived it off with a laugh hoping to keep the training session going without any interruptions.

"Ahaha... sorry, sorry. It still hurt?"

The reappearance of the fire on Ninigi's arm unlike his earlier attack with the shuriken did give the Kodogu some pause. It looked like that attack was on some sort of timer, or perhaps it could be summoned at will and Ninigi was simply going easy on his partner. Whatever the case may be it sounded like the other genin wasn't giving him much time to figure it out with his warning about the next attack.

Yuzuru knew of two basics he had learned at the academy that directly dealt with shuriken. The first sent two projectiles one after the other in a bid to mask the presence of the second one, but that didn't seem to be going on here. He got a good look at the attack what with the shuriken spinning well away from him and unless there was additional trickery in place there was only one shuriken. The other basic was designed to knock another projectile out of the air, but it's other use was...

Whirling to face the incoming shots that were now angled towards him Yuzuru dropped to one knee and planted an edge of his shield into the ground. The curved shape of his shield coupled with his inexperience at what he was about to attempt put him at a disadvantage but he should be able to at the very least redirect the projectiles once more by controlling the angle they strike at. The projectiles which once were heading his way would now be going in Ninigi's... general direction. Somewhere thataway.

Leaping forward Yuzuru closed the rest of the distance between the two of them and led with a straight thrust of his spear as a feint, following it up by spinning and sweeping at Ninigi's feet with the spear to knock him down.

--------------------
Yuzuru Kodogu
user posted image
PM
^
Uchiha, Ninigi
 Posted: Mar 1 2018, 05:09 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

His eyes would follow Yuzuru's motion and he would instinctively get an idea for what he was attempting the moment his angled shield collided with the projectiles. "Tough AND Clever!" He shouted, acknowledging what the taller genin just did. For Ninigi, dodging from this range and with the sharingan would not be a difficult task. And fortunately his closeness to the wall would help him turn this one around, literally. Ninigi would move out of the way the moment he could see the bullet and shuriken coming his way.

If his body feels anywhere as hard as Keiko's, I'm fucked. Tempted to ask Yuzuru if he knew anything about the Kaguya clan, he would however let it pass because the session was in a high tempo now. The speedy bullet would breeze past him towards the wall, the fire on his arm reappearing almost as if the bullet's proximity had triggered it. Forming a one-hand seal with his burning hand, Ninigi would perform Bullseye again as the bullet hit the wall. The bullet would ricochet off the wall, heading for Yuzuru's general direction, and would probably be a bother as he had just about leapt into the fray.

Ninigi himself would Leap to the wall past the bullet as he sought to create some space between them one more time. With his eyes on Yuzuru, he would comfortably stand parallel to the ground once he adjusted on the wall's face. He would then take another shot of Juukaki at Yuzuru.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Yuzuru Kodogu
 Posted: Mar 4 2018, 03:09 AM
Quote Post

Kokami, why do they have to bounce around so?

Dealing with the game of flaming ping pong made of an interesting challenge, albeit a stressful one. One slip up and he was in for a world of hurt. Moving his shield down in front he tackled the bullet head on this time, digging his heel into the ground and bracing for impact. The weight of the shield coupled with his own should suffice to halt the attack while the spear he held in his other hand began to glow in preparation for his counter-attack.

Calling out as he straightened himself he held the spear horizontally in front of himself pointed at Ninigi. "Maybe not clever enough if I'm always stuck on the defensive." As the glow grew in intensity he muttered under his breath a brief prayer to Kokami as the jutsu took effect.

"The many work as one."

The spear would scatter into hundreds of metal shards that began to flow around him peacefully. Extending his hand in Ninigi's direction the shards would fly off towards him in a bunched up swarm. Pieces of the swarm would get blasted out of the main body as the next shot would collide with it and scorched shards would fly out to land smouldering on the ground. The rest of the swarm would carry on to attempt to surround Ninigi and hopefully allowing Yuzuru some time to perform a series of handseals.

--------------------
Yuzuru Kodogu
user posted image
PM
^
Uchiha, Ninigi
 Posted: Mar 4 2018, 04:43 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

While the comical frustration in Yuzuru's head would be unknown to Ninigi, the ping pong would go on further. Or not. Yuzuru would do well to hold off the bullet with his shield. And Ninigi's second shot would find the counter-attack of floating blades. Well damn, floating iron blades. Almost tempted to count their number because of his sharingan's observatory abilities, Ninigi would shrug off the analytics, and would quickly attempt to save himself. He would of course make a run for it, along the wall and away from Yuzuru. With the flames of Juukaki gone, he would be "toothless". He pulled out another scroll while his other hand pulled out a few sheets from his back pocket.

Leaping away from the closing in blades, Ninigi would turn around mid air, revealing the scroll in between his teeth. His hands were equipped with a kunai and a tag each, and he would fling them at the swarm of blades."Bombs away!" They were set to explode on impact but if they missed their mark, or if the blades attempted to dodge, he would be forced to detonate them the moment they were closest to the swarm.

His other hand would have run through hand seals as the other one flared up with Juukaki's flames once more. With only a little delay, the other forearm would be set on flames as well. The explosion that would ensure whichever way would throw him further away from Yuzuru, and he had braced himself for it.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Yuzuru Kodogu
 Posted: Mar 5 2018, 05:08 AM
Quote Post

Wonderful thing about the Aspis; the fantastic Argive grip. Given a moment's respite the wielder would be capable of performing handseals without having to let go of the shield, albeit clumsy handseals perhaps but handseals nonetheless. With the time his swarm had bought Yuzuru finished off another instance of flash-forge which provided yet another weapon. Or rather, weapons. A small arsenal appeared in his possession; a bow, arrows as well as a number of shuriken.

With the swarm keeping Ninigi distracted and closing in he would allow it to absorb the shock of his partners attack. After all the swarm was mainly just for show right now, being used primarily to help teach him how it feels to move it in a simulated combat experience. If it became useless due to taking too much damage he would simply have to make another one.

Shards of metal flying every which way from the explosions, Yuzuru let fly with his shuriken. It would seem like he was only throwing two of them but in actuality there would be four. Each of the two visible shuriken would be immediately followed by a second via Kage Shuriken no Jutsu. Yet more than that, the two in the rear were sent with slightly greater force than those in front. This accomplished an interesting effect as it allowed Shuriken Boujou to also be enacted. Once the shuriken got fairly close to Ninigi's location they could collide with one another and spray off in different directions in essence creating a similar effect to a buck shot.

Grabbing the rest of his kit Yuzuru continued the ever eternal march forward to close the gap with Ninigi. The swarm, or what was left of it, would do much the same for now. It was only a matter of time before it became inert however. While still functional it had sustained damage in the trades with Ninigi's jutsu and Yuzuru wanted a feel for the full swarm, not one that was damaged and therefore weakened. The shield on his arm began to glow as he prepared the jutsu for it as well, and with his level of concentration he knew he wouldn't be able to focus on two swarms at once.

--------------------
Yuzuru Kodogu
user posted image
PM
^
Uchiha, Ninigi
 Posted: Mar 6 2018, 07:58 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

The gale that followed after the explosion would push Ninigi lightly and he would use it to assist himself off the wall and unto the ground in one jump. Seeing two shuriken coming from the Ninigi would raise his arm almost to chest level, firing another shot at one of the incoming shuriken in his view. Once it connected he would form do what he had done best; deflect it. But he would deflect it to hit the other shuriken on it's side, after all, what was the best way to get rid of two shuriken, if not one shot.

The shuriken would be deflected such that they would be out of the way of either shinobi, but something else was revealed in this smart play of his. Two more shuriken. Snakey. Ninigi would take one more shot at the dilapidated swarm hoping it would finally leave him alone. He now arched his run away from the shuriken and so that he and Yuzuru would seem to chase each other in circles. Unless Yuzuru was ready to change direction. If he did, he would find Ninigi still charging in his direction. He would proceed to go through hand seals that would be familiar if Yuzuru could see them clearly, it was the coming of age fireball he prepared.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Yuzuru Kodogu
 Posted: Mar 7 2018, 08:20 AM
Quote Post

Utilizing Wardrobe Change once again Yuzuru stowed his bow and arrows away by pressing them against his clothes and forming a bow sling out of the fabric of his clothing as he ran. Throwing out four more shuriken towards Ninigi he sent them wide, two to either side. This time there would be a double ricochet; once at the sides and again in the rear. At the sides the two shuriken on either flank would collide sending one in from both sides. The remaining projectile would then meet with its counterpart from the other side behind Ninigi, sending one wide and the other flying straight back.

The swarm that had been dissipating rearranged itself back into spear form and fell to the ground. The spear itself was in tatters as it was missing several chunks at various points in the shaft and blade itself. However the swarm from the shield was now fully operational and buzzing forward to surround Ninigi.

Yuzuru was able to see what handseals the other genin was performing and silently cursed. Uncertain if he would have enough time he decided to risk it anyway and began the same handseals himself now with both hands free. The swarm would adjust course to compensate for the new factor. While a single Goukakyou wasn't likely to cause significant damage to it, two colliding fireballs would at the very least scatter the shards. Ninigi had a head start and even though Yuzuru was marginally faster it wouldn't be enough to compensate fully, so when Ninigi's fireball went out Yuzuru was just finishing up.

Obscured to his opponent by the flames Yuzuru suddenly drew in a deep breath. The heated air scorched his face as he planted himself firmly in place and exhaled, his own fireball colliding with Ninigi's. The two jutsu would be almost identical with Ninigi's fireball burning just slightly hotter and Yuzuru's holding just slightly more force. That would help him push the epicenter for the two jutsu away from himself, although with the collision happening closer to himself that Ninigi he would feel the forces at work more acutely than his partner.

When all was said and done the genin would cough dryly from the lack of moisture in the air and swallow a few times while waving a hand in front of his face to try and cool off. That was a hell of a lot closer than he would have liked. In his distraction the swarm would have essentially frozen in midair waiting for some sort of command.

"Ah... damn, that was close.'

He was still more than ready to keep going, but for now he would appear to be a little distracted.

--------------------
Yuzuru Kodogu
user posted image
PM
^
Uchiha, Ninigi
 Posted: May 8 2018, 02:12 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

The flames would violently collide and eat up the moisture in between them, their scorching sounds consuming the immediate vicinity. Ninigi would feel his heartbeat ramp up as he slightly struggled to catch his breath. He was squating now with his hands on his knees, he smiled as he was proud of his stamina. Not so long ago while he was in the academy he could barely keep up, but after his graduation he had deliberately spent time improving in that regard.

Almost distracted by his own thoughts he would regain focus and center Yuzuru in his vision. He jumped to his feet and formed the hand seals for Juukaki, something Yuzuru had probably not seen considering he had been performing them with one hand in secret previously. "Two more shots and I'll call it a day." He understood that it was probably in Yuzuru's best interest to close the distance between them, assuming that the Kodogu's ability to wield such durable equipment was an attestation to his physical prowess. And once again, I'm going to die by my decisions.

It mattered not if his partner had begun closing the distance, Ninigi would jet for Yuzuru with all his speed. For the casual onlooker, this would look to be a promising finale to their little fiery spar.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Yuzuru Kodogu
 Posted: May 10 2018, 02:50 PM
Quote Post

Glancing over at Ninigi while the other genin jumped to his feet Yuzuru seemed to digest what had been said for a moment. If they were wrapping up then he had little time left, meaning the Kodogu had to make the most of it. With a curt nod he ran through the handseals for Flash Forge one more time. This time however he was going to make use of an aspect of the jutsu he hadn't previously.

Typically Flash Forge was used to create material from the user allowing them to make tools on the fly as the situation dictated without needing to carry along all the requisite material. That was only the case for users of the Hagane no Noroi as their own body acted as a suitable substitute and the jutsu drew on said material while simultaneously replenishing it. For those unable or unwilling to use their bloodline there was another option available to them; they could use material that they had actually brought. Yuzuru had such a material. 65 pounds of it in fact.

Finishing his seals Yuzuru drew from his training weights and remolded them while they were still on his person. Using that in combination with Wardrobe Change the Kodogu forged himself a suit of armor as well as another spear. There would be no need of a shield this time. Any excess material from the weights was shunted out of the armor and dropped to the floor leaving a small pile of metal blocks to pool around his feet. Encased in his armor as he was this was about as durable as Yuzuru could get, plus with the decrease in weight he was carrying meant that counter-intuitive to the fact the armor was restricting his movement he was actually still slightly faster than he had been previously.

The Hail of Blades would surge around the both of them as Ninigi closed the distance effectively boxing the both of them in with each other. It wouldn't interfere otherwise, limiting itself to cutting off any escape routes. Yuzuru would meet Ninigi in the center of their custom made arena by stabbing downwards towards Ninigi's legs with the spear. That was only the set-up however, as what he was truly aiming for was the moment after Ninigi reacted. Assuming the spear missed its mark he would stab it into the ground and use it to vault himself towards the other genin with a kick aimed at his torso.

stat adjustments
Speed/agility without weights = 30
Heavy armor reduces speed by 10, agility by 15 (20/15 respectively for a net increase of 5 points to speed)
Strength up from 34 to 36

--------------------
Yuzuru Kodogu
user posted image
PM
^
Uchiha, Ninigi
 Posted: May 13 2018, 09:25 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

The heat from their katon had given Ninigi a slight stamina boost due to one of his traits, and perhaps that had inspired this final charge. He noticed as the tiny blades sprung to life and moved to cage the fighters, he however didn't take his eyes off Yuzuru. Considering they weren't trying to kill each other, chances were that a wrong gamble would leave him painfully battered, but he could live through that. The flames of Juukaki would form on both arms as they the moment of impact now imminent.

The beautiful thing about the sharingan was the visual aid it brought in this high paced clash. And perhaps if Ninigi gave a worthy performance, Yuzuru would understand what he was missing out on. As Yuzuru plunged his spear downard at his legs, he would make sure it was only till the last moment before dodged with a sidestep. Sure enough Yuzuru had a follow up, the taller boy leveraged his pole plunge and would send a kick for Ninigi's torso that would miss its mark. Ninigi make good use of the shift in body weight unto his other foot from the sidestep, initiating a swift spinning away from the kick and to the back of Yuzuru.

At the end of his spin he would spread his blazing arms far apart like a fiery bird in flight, his body shifting its weight unto a bent leg. "Does this burn?" He would say as he reached quickly to hold unto the scarlet garment that decorated Yuzuru's armor.

OOC

Strength: 10 + 6
Speed: 20
Agility: 25 + 6 + 6
Perception: 25
Endurance: 10
Willpower: 25
Spirituality: 25
Stamina: 15

I made a mistake by "doing hand seals" again for jutsu I have been maintaining, I guess we can assume he did it to be flashy lol. Chakra 410 - 330 = 70

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topic

Skin made by Kman of Kskins