Reply to this topicStart new topic

> [Closed] A Quick Lesson or Two, Kai Training
Uchiha Lapis
 Posted: Feb 1 2018, 04:09 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Member Inventory: View
Ryu: 0

At the request of his adoptive father, Lapis was called in for a lesson to better improve his ability but he knew better, just another chaperone was all. Lapis met the man who was to teach him to better use his basics and though it was pointless it was still a capable leader for a lesson. It was in a classroom where the man sat the boy down to learn the first lesson of Genjutsu Kai, the board was covered in information. He quickly scanned the board with his Sharingan as he never turned it off in the face of other people, the instructor however didn't seem to like him using it.

He was an old man wielding a teaching stick, not a ruler. He pointed to each point on the board, each one he was quite familiar with as he already knew the technique and its concepts but just sat there. He was less so listening to the lesson and more so reading the board for it had more to give than the old man. Even though he had all the information he needed. Lapis just went through the motions as the old man droned on like a pompous was.

To kill some time he started molding his chakra, sort of a way to practice what he needed to learn by this man's direction. The sooner this ended the better. He never saw Genjutsu as a threat as he was an Uchiha, a clan that possessed the unparalleled Sharingan, such tricks couldn't harm him. There was no power stronger than the Sharingan in his eyes and one day he'd prove that to be the truth. If nothing else he'd possess the most keen and powerful Sharingan in the world to one day make all opposition insignificant...especially Genjutsu. But until then he had to learn what he needed.

--------------------
Uchiha Lapis

I do not seek power like some pathetic brute, I do not want infinite knowledge like some boring intellectual, I do not desire immortality like some groveling ancient. What I seek, what I want, what I desire is to hold all in my grasp...to have true control, even if one such as you just happens to be extra baggage.
user posted image
(Family Files)
Any questions about personal life can be found here.
PM
^
Uchiha Lapis
 Posted: Feb 1 2018, 04:29 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

The man kept on running his mouth on basic knowledge and examples that if Lapis wasn't so upright he'd nod off out of boredom. He went on about Kai being a technique that can be learned at the Genin rank that greatly assists with the process of defeating a Genjutsu. It functions by completely halting the flow of chakra within the body, then sending a rush of chakra to the brain to break the Genjutsu's hold and allow one to regain control over their senses. He talked about using it not being quite that simple to use as one had to break through a Genjutsu and all additional irritations or something like that.

If you get caught in a Genjutsu that, by itself, makes you feel unbearable pain. The caster added the effects of seeing bloody wounds and smelling blood. The original Genjutsu had more to counter, however, you do not need to break every single effect if your ability and skills give you a resistance high enough that you can ignore the additional effects; now, you only need to spend chakra for the rest. It was just everything he already knew, what he wanted was practice or just to give him what he wanted right off the bat.

Training was beneath him for he had natural talent and practice was just an excuse to sweat. But it seemed the old man caught on to Lapis not paying attention to his lesson and he snapped his stick on the board to startle the boy into coming to attention like some jerk in charge. Lapis just turned his gaze towards the man, not like you can surprise one wielding the Sharingan. He explained to Lapis that the lesson was a cue for a Genjutsu he tried to put on him so he could practice while learning but instead of saying whoops or something he just shrugged.

--------------------
Uchiha Lapis

I do not seek power like some pathetic brute, I do not want infinite knowledge like some boring intellectual, I do not desire immortality like some groveling ancient. What I seek, what I want, what I desire is to hold all in my grasp...to have true control, even if one such as you just happens to be extra baggage.
user posted image
(Family Files)
PM
^
Uchiha Lapis
 Posted: Feb 1 2018, 05:48 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Regrettable the old man outsmarted him from the very beginning of all this, clearly a top-notch instructor but then again he was called upon by the leader of the Uchiha and though he wasn't a member of the clan he was permitted in to teach one of them. There's more to this man. He kept snapping his stick on the board which just kept irritating Lapis but then it truly got his attention as the room started shaking. And earthquake? The room was shaking, the floor heaved and broke, sounds of crashing structures, debris falling around them. This was bad. The man was really angry for being ignored by a student and he was apparently teaching him a lesson. Lapis dove out of his chair when stuff started falling on him but then he glared at the old man, his Sharingan seeing the truth, this was a Genjutsu.

"So you think you don't need my lesson? Then prove that you know better you arrogant child, fight my power!"

How childish. Lapis tried pulling himself up but being at the center of this quake made it near impossible which meant one thing...base. Lapis instead focused on his sheer force of will and figured out the trick behind this illusion. He then drowned out the racket outside out of not caring and looked past the falling debris towards the man and just started walking. Astonished the man didn't understand how but the young child enlightened him to his flaws.

"Well not bad for your lesson but very flawed. I am a prodigy so besting you is trivial. I am also an Uchiha so this breaking floor is nothing but transparent or in simpler terms just not believable. My mind is sharp so looking past the commotion and debris is easy and more so since I can see your illusion for what it is. As for the final nail in your coffin...RAT!"

The illusion shattered. The old man shocked. His chakra took quite the hit as it was a powerful one but nevertheless it was gone. Feeling accomplished, Lapis boldly asked what was next. Though he couldn't teach him any further on this topic he could use this chance to learn more.

--------------------
Uchiha Lapis

user posted image
(Family Files)
PM
^
Uchiha Lapis
 Posted: Feb 2 2018, 08:01 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

The old man suggested Lapis should master Body Flicker as another technical technique for one of those last ditch efforts. Unfortunately the young boy wasn't a fan of high speed, putting so much effort into something like running away but then the old man explained more. He talked how it could be used for an attack that couldn't normally be tracked, a quick end to slower opponents with a single strike. That got his attention and to use it multiple times to master it more would require him to lessen its chakra consumption.

He agreed to learn more about this basic since high speed in such a field, outside his attacks, wasn't a common knowledge topic for him. Lapis literally never learned it for lack of interest. They went through the motions, understanding its capabilities and uses before he learned about how to perform it. Sure he had the technique but he never once touched it but now he'd have it on hand just in case, being prepared for anything on a moment's notice.

They went through how to perform it and then went over how to better channel chakra so he'd consume even less than normal compared to his chakra talents. After the oral lesson the old man led Lapis outside where there was more room to maneuver and use this technique which was for the best. For once Lapis was paying attention and learning something he could incorporate into his other skills, he had big plans for this one.

--------------------
Uchiha Lapis

user posted image
(Family Files)
PM
^
Uchiha Lapis
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 04:33 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

The topic of putting into one attack so much effort was ridiculouus but Lapis was contempt to learn how to move over great distances with such little effort. He gave it a few tries himself and used it appropriately but it was far from being mastered so there was plenty of more work to do. This old man wasn't much help. He really like going into deep explanations on each and every single topic and that was annoying but the boy moved things along each time.

It was time for a real test and he knew just the way, it was time for a race. The old man agreed as the two took time to recover their full chakra, minus his love for keeping the Sharingan active, and they'd take their places. The explained the rules of the race, where to, and what was okay for them to attempt. The rules were basic to be clear and best expected, no offensive attempts to be a hindrance to one another. Lapis agreed no attacks or indirect attacks, this man knew what an Uchiha was capable of.

His overconfidence in knowing what he could do would work against him, this man had no idea what Uchiha were capable of. With the preparations done the two took their start and as they were ready Lapis shot a kunai at the ground in front of the old man. When he began to perform the Shunshin he ended up tripping and ran straight into the ground. Before he could curse Lapis for his action it was pointed out that he didn't attack him just dropped his item, and then was gone with his own Shunshin.

--------------------
Uchiha Lapis

user posted image
(Family Files)
PM
^
Uchiha Lapis
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 05:04 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Getting his head start gave Lapis his chance to really get ahead but to conserve chakra he ran on foot most of the way, saving the technique only until his Sharingan caught sight of the old man. Even when he tried catching up with his technique his eyes caught it just in time to jump ahead but the old man had a better technique clearly thanks to his rank. Each time he fell further and further behind but part of it was due to his lack of running speed but that wasn't going to stop him from making this jump race his victory.

He tried more cheap tricks but the old man was prepared to face them, knowing the boy was smart enough to find loopholes, stopping each one like he was swatting a fly which pissed him off. He shrugged it off as hard as he could just to not faulted. The old man really wanted to get under his skin but Lapis wasn't going to have any of that. He started putting actual effort into the race as he pulled out all the effort he could, the nerve of this man causing him to do that, he wanted to really teach this man a lesson but doing such a thing was a crime. He'd have to settle for besting him in the race.

Nearing the end the two broke open their reserves of chakra and used Shunshin continuously which took its real toll on them both, Lapis mostly given his smaller amount and lower training. They pushed themselves hard but Lapis had one thing better, his Sharingan gave him a perception advantage and he used that to quickly and timely get an advantage over the old guy. With extra effort Lapis pushed forward to improve his Shunshin and pushed himself an inch further and at the last moment made the finish line first. Though he won he was pushed into giving effort and that pissed him off greatly. He accepted the end of the training as it stood.

--------------------
Uchiha Lapis

user posted image
(Family Files)
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topic

Skin made by Kman of Kskins