• D
  • I
  • S
  • C
  • O
  • R
  • D

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topic

> [C-Ranked Mission] Horrible Ice Cream, Yuzuru and Ninigi, sitting in a tree~ K-
ZacDesu
 Posted: Feb 7 2018, 05:29 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Member Inventory: View
Ryu: 100

K-I-S-S-I-N-G. First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes the baby in a baby carriage~ Oh wait, the both of you are male? o__o Carry on then.

Mission Link

Missions Details

A local vendor of the frozen treat has been having a very hard time selling their product due in no small part to the fact that it's just... horrible. How they managed to screw it up this badly is anyone's guess. Undaunted the owner has purchased a recipe from a reputable source outside of the village, however they want to make sure it arrives safely and don't trust conventional delivery methods. To that end they have hired shinobi to pick up and deliver it to him personally.

Yuzuru Kodogu
Ninigi Uchiha

The two shinobi of Akarigakure have already got their introductions out of the way in a separate thread so no need to start that over here, eh? Well here's a summary thus far. Yuzuru and Ninigi met up after receiving a mission request from the Asakage. Together, they headed to the village of Gakegakure, the village Hidden in the Cliffs, to receive a scroll that denoted a rather well-known ice cream recipe, at least in the village of the cliffs. Along the way to the location, they encountered minimal threats as all the Akuma that were roaming the area were too far off to spot them on their way.

They both reached the location and headed to where the 'reputable source' that the vendor had mentioned. From here, the real RP begins.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
^
Yuzuru Kodogu
 Posted: Feb 22 2018, 01:28 PM
Quote Post

Ryu: 200

OOC: Short post is short but what can you do, let's get this party started.

IC: Yuzuru was glad for the uneventful trip to pick up their package, he could only hope for a similar situation on the way back. While he had certainly spent many years honing these skills of his he wasn't exactly in any rush to put them to practical use anytime soon. Once he did people would start getting hurt, and as necessary as that was it didn't quite sit well with him. Glancing over his shoulder at his partner for this mission he waved to catch his eye.

"Hey Ninigi! We're finally here. Ready to get this over with?"

They just had to walk up to the pick up spot, get the scroll and get home. With any luck he could fit in a few extra hours at the forge, what could possibly go wrong?

--------------------
Yuzuru Kodogu
user posted image
PM
^
Uchiha, Ninigi
 Posted: Feb 22 2018, 02:03 PM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Ryu: 600

[OOC: Short RPC, Short Post]

"I was just about to ask if we were there yet." Ninigi would say with a bit of sarcasm as it had become very clear that they had arrived at the destination. It had been a so-so day, not much to do so far, but to be fair there had been some sights to see. Ninigi had his mind on a thousand and one things; from considerations of what fighting style to start learning, to daydreaming about awesome jutsu that didn't exist yet, but this all kept his mind a bit entertained.

Yuzuru was a pretty much aloof person and so their trip so far hadn't been a very talkative one. In fact, now that the Kodogu had re-initiated verbal contact, perhaps Ninigi would use this opportunity to try and get a fresh conversation going. "Can't wait to be done with this and back home...what's home like, as a Kodogu?" Ninigi would now try to peer into the life of his partner but not seeking to gain any secrets.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
ZacDesu
 Posted: Feb 23 2018, 01:30 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

The Village Hidden in the Cliffs is a small village operating on the Southern peninsula of Seichi and makes their profit from fishing. Gakegakure isn't all about fishing however, there are some facets that make it stand out. For example, this ice cream thing. Although they are not known for their ice cream and other major villages have waaaay better ice cream, Gakegakure does have their.. salmon-flavored ice cream. Sounds kind of fishy, doesn't it?

They also have whitebait and jellyfish flavored ice cream. Squid ink ice cream is also fairly popular in this village. Now.. would Akarigakure like this unknown flavor?

Poor guy. The vendor that is. First he makes horrible ice cream, then he buys another set of horrible ice cream that the world isn't ready for yet. Gakegakure was already used to these strange flavors as they grew up on fish, but the arid Akarigakure? Oh boy. Bad luck for the vendor.

The person the two genin were to buy the ice cream flavor and recipe from was located near the cliffside on the southern end of the village. Here, one would be able to see a rather extravagant stall selling several of their popular 'fish' flavored ice cream as well as several tame 'normal' ones.

--------------------
user posted image
^
Yuzuru Kodogu
 Posted: Feb 25 2018, 04:37 AM
Quote Post

Playing dumb Yuzuru crossed his arms behind his head and kept walking onward casually.

"Really? Huh. I wasn't entirely sure if you could see it Ninigi-kun, but that clinches it. Maybe have those special eyes checked when we get back to the village."

Peering around the corner of the street they were on he squinted as he tried to ascertain if this was the right place to turn or if they had more to go. Looking back at Ninigi he gave the other genin a puzzled look.

"Eh? Home is... complicated. Oh, you mean as a Kodogu? Well that's easy enough. It's hot for starters. I mean we live in a desert so of course it's hot, but compared to other compounds I've been to the Kodogu take the cake when it comes to heat. That's because no matter what time of day you'll always find someone working the forges." Yuzuru chuckled ruefully as he went on. "Honestly I imagine it's rather boring to an outsider. As far as I'm concerned you can sum up everything about the Kodogu in that we are industrious to a fault."

Giving up his attempts at figuring out where they were he shrugged and straightened up.

"Although I'm sure you'll form your own opinions of us sooner or later. As it should be."

--------------------
Yuzuru Kodogu
user posted image
PM
^
Uchiha, Ninigi
 Posted: Mar 1 2018, 04:34 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

He chuckled a bit and almost grinned afterwards. "I hear envy...but yeah, my eyes need to get checked, for sure. I can only hope it doesn't lead to another jealous-joe after they check them out." Ninigi played a clever pun there and laughed a bit internally afterwards, not trying to ruin the joke himself. Being behind he kept his eyes fixed on Yuzuru, and on the environment secondarily. The Kodogu was much taller than he was and a few years older. Considering his size and strength, he would probably do well in the Forge. Ninigi for a second pondered if his being from the forge actually made him tall and strong, but he would brush it off.

"Where are our directions again?"

It seemed now at this point that the duo weren't really very confident of the direction in which they ought to have been heading. Ninigi trying to rectify that asked for the directions. "It was at the southern end of the village wasn't it?" He scratched his head a bit and double up his steps till he was side by side with Yuzuru.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
ZacDesu
 Posted: Mar 1 2018, 07:34 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Yup, it's at the southern end of the village. Hop to it!

--------------------
user posted image
^
Yuzuru Kodogu
 Posted: Mar 1 2018, 08:38 AM
Quote Post

Yuzuru blinked in surprise, somewhat taken aback. Him? Jealous? Was he? It took a few moments for him to realize that Ninigi was much like he had been previously only making a joke. Still the fact that he hadn't been able to master his own Uchiha heritage yet and had only shown the faintest glimmers of ability when it came to his Kodogu side it was no laughing matter. Shaking his head to clear it of the self-imposed negativity he looked around again.

"No idea. Southern end of the village would mean a lot more to me if I knew which direction was which, but yeah that sounds about right."

Thinking back to the information they had received before they left Yuzuru vaguely remembered that the village was supposed to be right up against a body of water facing it from the north. If that was the case then wherever the water was would be south, right? Looking up in the sky intently it was a few moments until he found what he was looking for. Off in the distance what appeared to be gulls flying impertinently in the city's airspace like they owned it. He supposed in a sense they did. Where there were gulls...

"Alright, we're going this way!"

With that he took off top speed towards what he believed to be the south. Follow the birbs.

--------------------
Yuzuru Kodogu
user posted image
PM
^
Uchiha, Ninigi
 Posted: Mar 1 2018, 09:04 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Their position as a genin double without any bearing or sense of direction was remarkable. There would be little time to pause and laugh about their despair however. It wouldn't take Yuzuru too much time to figure out where he was, or where they were supposed to be going. He would light up like a light bulb the moment his eyes were set upon the gulls in the distant skies.

"What's that?"

Too late. His partner had run with the inspiration, literally. Ninigi sighed for a moment as his shoulders sunk. Then he remembered Yuzuru was as fast as he was. He had spent much of the journey behind Yuzuru, and it hadn't been pleasurable, mostly because his vision was impaired by the much taller genin. Not having anymore of that! With his mind made up he would pick off quickly, beginning his race to catch up to the Kodogu but he would make sure to breathe and not exhaust himself. He would jog once he was up to speed as he knew not how long they would be running for.

I really hope he knows where we are going.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
ZacDesu
 Posted: Mar 2 2018, 03:09 PM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

The person the two genin were to buy the ice cream flavor and recipe from was located near the cliffside on the southern end of the village. Here, one would be able to see a rather extravagant stall selling several of their popular 'fish' flavored ice cream as well as several tame 'normal' ones.

Yes. The two genin were heading in a southerly direction the entire time they headed out towards Gakegakure. When they reached the village in the cliffs, all they really needed to do was cross over to the opposite side of the village. The birby seagulls in the distance would give a clue where south was, but what they hovered over was basically over the edge of the cliff itself.

Should the two reach the edge, they would notice fishermen and villagers down below working on their craft, as well as several sets of staircases built into the cliff face where they were able to go up and down as they will. Of course, there were a few ninja roaming around that were simply climbing the cliff with their hands only as part of training and others still that were simply using Ki Nobori to walk the jagged surfaces.

The stall they were supposed to find wasn't down here but rather up on the top of the cliff, about a quarter of a kilometer east of where they ended up.

--------------------
user posted image
^
Yuzuru Kodogu
 Posted: Mar 5 2018, 04:43 AM
Quote Post

"I'm certain we're close..."

All that running yet Yuzuru couldn't see any sign of the shop they were after. It had been a long shot in any case, more a fit of fancy than anything else to run off without knowing exactly where he was going. The smart thing would obviously have been to just ask for directions. Yet he still felt almost cheated that it hadn't yielded results. Looking up towards the top of the cliffs he sighed quietly and turned to his partner, not knowing just how close they actually were to their destination.

"Well that was a bust. We should probably ask one of the locals to make sure we don't get any more lost."

If Ninigi went along with that or didn't really seem to have any other ideas to offer up Yuzuru would do just that, follow said directions as best he could to get to the damn ice cream stand, and get this mission rolling. In part his antics up until now were driven by a question that he had been pondering the whole way here as he had walked ahead. He was wondering if his partner wanted to take the lead at all, not entirely out of consideration for his feelings but also to see what kind of person the other Uchiha was.

The two hardly knew each other after all and if they were to be going on missions it was smart to know what to expect from one another. Yuzuru didn't mind either way what kind of person Ninigi was. From what little interaction he had to work with it seemed apparent that they got along enough that they wouldn't be at each others throats any time soon. Yet it mattered at the end of the day because as with many things in life knowing was half the battle, and knowing oneself and ones place in a group was inherently important to that philosophy.

--------------------
Yuzuru Kodogu
user posted image
PM
^
Uchiha, Ninigi
 Posted: Mar 6 2018, 08:13 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Fortunately Ninigi had tried a few long distance sprinting exercises before, so he knew a bit about keeping his breath at the right pace. When they took off it had felt like a purposeful long run, but they had run for not too long now, only to run into a bust. He came to a halts a few seconds after Yuzuru and would try to catch his breath discreetly.

Yuzuru seemed a bit embarrassed and rightfully so. Ninigi wasn't one to put the blame on others, so he would not attack the Kodogu. "Well, tough luck partner."He would nod his head to all Yuzuru had to say and that was about it, he would say nothing, at least not to Yuzuru. Seeing as people seemed to be around going about their activities as normal, such as climbing the cliff, Ninigi would approach the closest climber. When life sends you lemons, make lemonade. Damn, I could use a glass right now.

"Hey! Do you know where they sell ice cream around here?" He would waste no time in trying to progress with their objective. The sooner they found the recipe, the better. Who knew how complicated the day could get? For all he knew, it could turn out that the person they came to see had been hurried off by an emergency, and they would need to find him and take care of it. The fact that they were clueless now only put more pessimistic thoughts into the genin's head.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
ZacDesu
 Posted: Mar 7 2018, 06:08 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Ninigi made no effort to not get things done. Attaboy.

"Ice cream huh? That sounds good right about now. If you're looking for ice cream, I suggest going to N's Fishy Ice Cream. The name sounds 'fishy', sure, but that guy's got the best flavors in all of Gakegakure. It's over there, probably half a klick or less in that direction. You'll see his stand, it has a pink and purple roof with lots of seafood-related art and decal on it. I'll probably head on over there myself in half an hour to get the usual."

With that said, he nodded his head goodbye and proceeded with going on his merry way of carrying a bucket load of iced fish back towards his shop. It was strange that the climber/shop owner did not push his own advertisement for his own store but who cares really? Yuzuru and Ninigi would get what they needed from the man and that was that.

Once they reached their destination,

one would be able to see a rather extravagant stall selling several of their popular 'fish' flavored ice cream as well as several tame 'normal' ones.

The man behind it was boisterously selling all kinds of flavors to people waiting in a long line. He was apparently pretty popular here in the village at least.

This post has been edited by ZacDesu: Mar 7 2018, 06:09 AM

--------------------
user posted image
^
Yuzuru Kodogu
 Posted: Mar 13 2018, 08:11 AM
Quote Post

N's? Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue does is?

Even if that was probably the place they were supposed to be going Yuzuru couldn't kick the mild annoyance he felt at the shoddy attempt at branding. Was the owner trying to be ironic or something? Whatever. Looking over at Ninigi he gave him a shrug as if to say "may as well". Giving a quick bow to the man that had helped them by giving directions he then started walking in that direction.

It wouldn't be long before the store came into view, along with it's lineup to get anywhere close. He really didn't fancy waiting around however long to get what they came here for. Hopefully it wasn't going to take them all that long; after all they still had to go back home after all thing. Making his way to the end of the line Yuzuru sighed and crossed his arms as he waited for the time to pass.

--------------------
Yuzuru Kodogu
user posted image
PM
^
Uchiha, Ninigi
 Posted: May 8 2018, 02:39 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Ninigi was getting frustrated with how steep the "progress curve" had gotten since they got here. He couldn't believe he had imagined that it would have all been straightforward. The moment they arrived at the village, he imagine they would only need to turn their heads a mere 90 degrees or more to locate the ice cream vendor, and in a few statements and handshakes they would have picked up the recipe and would have found themselves on their way barring their decision to do any sightseeing. However the reality was different, they had gone for a job and sprinted quite some bit and still didn't know where they were. The best they had been afforded now was some uninspiring directions that he didn't firmly believe they could even bank on.

Sure. He had zoned out with trying to curtail his frustration and had not really heard what the man had said but he nodded and took off with Yuzuru, hoping that the Kodogu at least had paid attention. "I'm going to be honest with you ... I wasn't paying attention to his directions, I had stuff on my mind." He hoped the older boy would be understanding of the fact that until they got more leads, he would simply just follow and say nothing.

"Other than that, I want to bet you it's going to be a long, long day. What do you wager" As they seemed to be waiting now, at least some discussion would probably not hurt.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
ZacDesu
 Posted: May 15 2018, 04:05 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Once they got to the front of the line, the owner of N's Fishy Ice Cream stood imposingly with his arms on his sides, a funky smile plastered on his face.

"I haven't seen the two of you before! Welcome to my quaint little store. Now, how may I help you? Would you like to try my frozen Peanut Butter-douzed Squid legs? I ripped it off from a Manga I read and it tastes pretty delicious if you ask me. Or would you like to try one of our popular flavors here?"

Ninigi and Yuzuru were a bit smaller than Nalbadarth, or so his name was called. It was too hard to pronounce so he settled for N.

--------------------
user posted image
^
Yuzuru Kodogu
 Posted: May 22 2018, 02:50 PM
Quote Post

"I have no clue. Hopefully not."

Yuzuru absentmindedly answered his teammate while they waited in line. They were getting close to the front of the line and any minute now it should be their turn to place their order. Or in their case demand the package they were supposed to deliver and get this whole ordeal over with. Not that it was anyone's fault but their own that it had turned into an ordeal already but that didn't stop him from feeling somewhat cross with the whole situation. When they did finally get to the front the storekeepers introduction didn't help whatsoever with his disposition.

Peanut Butter-douzed Squid legs? What in the name of the four guardians was that supposed to be? Did people actually buy this stuff? Doing his best to keep his stomach from doing somersaults Yuzuru stepped up to answer the strange man.

"Actually we're here on a mission. We were send to acquire a recipe for our client in Akarigakure. Do you know anything about that?"

--------------------
Yuzuru Kodogu
user posted image
PM
^
Uchiha, Ninigi
 Posted: May 24 2018, 03:06 PM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Why am I here? Nini turned his head to look at the surroundings as they slowly progressed up the line. First of all, he was understanding of the fact that the line boasted a number of people, after all it made sense to get ice-cream to tackle the weather. But then, he didn't think "Chocolate dipped Seafish" flavors or anything that sounded similar to that was worth the attention. These guys are either addicted or just trying this shit out for the first time.

He was adamant that the ice-cream tasted bad, but then he found himself judging a book by the cover. Well, perhaps its not so bad. After all, our client thinks this is the way to save his business...perhaps there's more to the ice-cream than the retarded names. By the time he looked straight up again they were at Nalbadarth on the queue and Yuzuru was doing the talking. Ninigi nodded his head every few seconds to indicate that Yuzuru was speaking for them both. Yup, now tell us you know something about this, please.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
ZacDesu
 Posted: May 28 2018, 05:17 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Nalbadarth looked at the two of them, the strange look on their facial expressions instantly known to the ice cream vendor. These two were new to the area.

"Of course, I received the payment about a month ago! I remember the person! Thank you for coming to pick it up. One moment please."

He disappeared from view crouching down behind his stall as he shifted things over while bumping into the cart every once in a while. A quarter of a minute later, he came out standing with a five-gallon tub of pure deliciousness that would bring one to ecstasy once it entered their mouths. Their clothes might literally get ripped off because of it as well. Or at least in Gakegakure.

He placed the tub on top of his cart in front of Ninigi and Yuzuru and gave them a smile.

"If you can, give the kind man this message as well. To make his ice cream a little bit more special, I added our new Squid flavor mix into this here can."

He hit the tub with his bare hand as if to make a statement. Alongside it would come a small note explaining to the Akarigakure vendor the added mixture. Nalbadarth imagined to himself the delight the other vendor would have in having his new ice cream.

"As for keeping it cool, you could probably go down to the docks here and ask for ice. They use it often for their fishes so.."

Nalbadarth smiled at the two of them, their mission almost finished.

--------------------
user posted image
^
Yuzuru Kodogu
 Posted: Jun 13 2018, 03:45 PM
Quote Post

Accepting the tub and fighting to keep a skeptical look off his face Yuzuru thanked the merchant for his no doubt well-meaning advice and mentally swore to himself to never eat in this village. The culture shock was definitely a bit too much. He could only hope their client knew what he was getting himself into.

"We'll be sure to keep that in mind mister N. Thank you."

Picking up the ice cream tub by its handle Yuzuru began to make his way down to the docks to take N's advice. He could only hope they didn't give him ice straight off the fish or something for "enhanced flavor". With this village he was starting to think anything was possible.

--------------------
Yuzuru Kodogu
user posted image
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topic

Skin made by Kman of Kskins