• O
  • P
  • E
  • N
  •  
  • D
  • I
  • S
  • C
  • O
  • R
  • D



Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topic

> Training Area 32
Uchiha, Zau
 Posted: Jun 12 2018, 09:00 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Post Count: 193
Member Inventory: View
Ryu: 700
Offline


Zau, one of the more promising members of the Uchiha clan, had been promoted to Jounin-and, as such, he had received a team of his very own, which just so happened to have multiple Uchiha on it-though, it was probably intentional. The Uchiha clan DID have some pull in the village, after all-it wasn't that far-fetched to believe that they'd intentionally put as many of their members on one team as they could.

Of course, the fact that there were only a handful of Jounin in the village meant Zau had to have more genin than was customary, but he felt confident that he could handle the extra load.

~~~


Each Genin would wake that morning to see a sparrow tapping on their window, with a message wrapped around one of their legs. The message was short, written in a sharp, halting hand.

QUOTE
Training Area 32, 0800


~~~


Training Area 32 was an atypical training ground; most were open, allowing for a wide range of view. The main focus of this one was an artificial river, built against a series of caves and tunnels, some of which were even underwater. Zau sat atop an overlook, roughly 10 feet above the water. His legs were crossed and his eyes were closed; he seemed to be meditating.

--------------------
Uchiha, Zau
user posted image
PM
^
Uchiha, Ninigi
 Posted: Jun 13 2018, 04:54 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Post Count: 119
Member Inventory: View
Ryu: 600
Offline


It was another weird morning for the genin, he woke up to a bird tapping against his window sill. His window had been opened and surely if it wanted to invade his privacy it could have come in uninvited. Ninigi's eyes had woken up with complete clarity, and his body would show similar wokeness as he quickly pulled a shuriken and flung it at the window. He missed by a huge margin and this was because he had changed his target the moment he saw how small the bird was.

He would apologize and proceed to retrieve his message. This would be followed by a quick meal and some freshening up for the day. In no time he was gone.


(<>)(<>)(<>)


He arrived at the location Training 32, early enough to be safe if '0800' had been the time scheduled. The venue was very spacey and Ninigi felt for certain that there was no way that the man who sat cross-legged, supposedly meditating afar off was not aware of his presence. He felt for certain this was his sensei. He appreciated the river and would come closer before he finally spoke out loud.

"Good morning, I believe you sent the sparrow with the message..." I wonder if he knows anything about the crow...

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Uchiha, Zau
 Posted: Jun 13 2018, 05:16 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Post Count: 193
Member Inventory: View
Ryu: 700
Offline


Without opening his eyes, Zau replied. "Good morning. I believe you tried to kill it."

The sparrow Ninigi had taken a shot at was there, standing on Zau's knee. Apparently, it tattled.

"Til the others get here, I suggest taking in the surroundings. By the end of today, you're going to hate this place, so enjoy it now."

The sparrow that sat on Zau's knee vanished with a small burst of smoke; with Ninigi being here, it no longer had to stick around. Zau didn't react to the bird vanishing, and despite his words sounding somewhat antagonistic, Zau's tone remained steady and composed, as if he didn't mind at all that the sparrow almost died.

Ninigi would see other things around Zau; behind him, his censer, the chain carefully coiled around in a pile beneath it; to his right, a sheathed sword that was dull, though Ninigi would have no way of knowing that detail.

Another sparrow landed on Zau's shoulder, tweeted something, to which Zau nodded, and then flew off again. "Your teammates are on their way."

--------------------
Uchiha, Zau
user posted image
PM
^
Uchiha, Ninigi
 Posted: Jun 13 2018, 05:36 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Post Count: 119
Member Inventory: View
Ryu: 600
Offline


A side-eye would find the sparrow courtesy of the genin. He sighed as Zau dropped his statements. "Well, I wouldn't have been violent at all if I had not been attacked by a similar creature a while ago. A huge three-legged crow came in through the same window while I slept." The scenario he had described clearly portrayed similar features: an avian visitor, the genin asleep, his address and exact point of entry.

Considering you know my address, and summon birds...do you know anything about the crow tha night? He thought to himself now about the questions he would have asked. As he grew he had started to become more tactical in his approach to dealing with issues. The sparrow had puffed away now and Ninigi was mentally trying to accept that he was going to hate these grounds at the end of today.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Yuzuru Kodogu
 Posted: Jun 13 2018, 03:12 PM
Quote Post
Member

Post Count: 29
Member Inventory: View
Ryu: 200
Offline


Yuzuru had been awake since before the crack of dawn, having been called out to practice his craft in the forges below the Kodogu compound. It had been some years since he had first awoken his bloodline and most expected him to follow in his families footsteps. Coming from a long line of Juggernauts meant his fate was almost certain, yet here he was with no progress in sight.

Returning to his room he suddenly noticed the birb being a menace outside his window. Extracting the message and reading what little there was Yuzuru cocked an eyebrow although otherwise didn't display any emotion. He had been training in isolation for over three years now with only a smattering of inclusion with other genin. Was the village finally getting its act together and assigning him a team?

With a shrug the genin prepared himself a change of clothes and cleaned himself up before heading out.

~~~


"Uchiha Ninigi, I might have known."

Yuzuru called out as soon as he was close enough to recognize the other genin, his voice full of mock contempt. He was all smiles when he finally reached the duo although he looked somewhat confused at seeing Zau.

"I'm Yuzuru. Sorry, I don't recognize you. I assume you're in some way related to me getting called out here?"

--------------------
Yuzuru Kodogu
user posted image
PM
^
Uchiha, Zau
 Posted: Jun 14 2018, 10:45 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Post Count: 193
Member Inventory: View
Ryu: 700
Offline


"A three legged crow? Sounds like a Yatagarasu, but I have no clue why one would be bothering you. I've never seen one, but there are stories. Some say they're messengers of the gods. I think they're just weird summonings."

Zau detected the approach of the second genin, again, without opening his eyes. The newcomer spoke to Ninigi first, then to Zau. Apparently, this was Yuzuru, a member of the Kodogu clan. Zau hadn't had much experience with them, but from what he remembered, they could form an odd element, similar to the Kemuri, though the Kodogu worked with steel, rather than smoke.

"I am Uchiha Zau. The village has assigned me to you as a sensei. Ninigi is on your team as well, as are two others who have yet to arrive."

For the first time since anyone arrived, Zau finally opened his eyes, observing those present. Ninigi looked like your average Uchiha-dark hair and dark eyes, though Zau suspected that Ninigi could probably make those eyes crimson if he wanted to, given his pedigree. Yuzuru had long dark hair and steely grey eyes; he could have passed for a Kemuri, perhaps, if he were a bit messier. Both of the arrivals were a bit too clean for Zau's liking-it was like they didn't get their hands dirty at all.

Zau closed his eyes again, returning to his meditation. He observed the sound of the creek bubbling beneath him, memorized its subtle language-every churn told him where the water struck upon a rock, and gave away the speed of the water.

"Out of curiosity, can you both walk on water?"

--------------------
Uchiha, Zau
user posted image
PM
^
Kemuri, Genji
 Posted: Jun 14 2018, 04:24 PM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Post Count: 30
Member Inventory: View
Ryu: 6350
Offline


Getting showered and presentable she'd put on her newest clothing that she had bought for meeting the team. She had tore up and worn out her last outfit in her last training session out at the Oasis after all. Twice now she had received messages from birds, the first to return to the village and the next a cute sparrow on a time/date to meet her team. Doing a little research she learned that Uchiha, Zau would be their sensei. She couldn't learn much about him other than he was a Uchiha and a skilled shinobi.

"An Uchiha...so far no one knows about my sharingan but if I'm to grow it this is a blessing in disguise. It's not that I want to keep it a secret or anything, it's just I grew up in another Clan and my heritage has always been kinda shadowed. Well best to not worry about it!"

Approaching behind two others she'd recognize one of the genin as her training partner out in the Oasis. Soon as he noticed her, she'd wave and smile at him happy that they were ending up on a team together. The other however would be a fresh new face...the face of someone a little older than her, which would shock her, and very attractive.

"Hello. I guess might be the last one here. I'm Kemuri, Genji."

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
Uchiha, Ninigi
 Posted: Jun 14 2018, 06:39 PM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Post Count: 119
Member Inventory: View
Ryu: 600
Offline


Ninigi's eyes would slyly observe the meditating Jounin as he talked about the bird. Messengers from the gods? Who was Amaterasu the crow had spoken of? Perhaps he could brush it off as a weird summon, but why would it attack him? He wouldn't press further, and before he could take a deep breath a familiar wind would blow past. The tall steelsmith compadre of his would call out the young Uchiha's name. He would smirk a bit before he turned around to receive his friend.

"Yuzuru Kodogu. Not surprising at all."

He would welcome his friend who would then have words for their Jounin sensei. Zau would introduce himself briefly along with his mission and would then proceed to ask about their progress. "Yes, I can walk on water." Perhaps the Jounin figured he would teach them that first because of the river, or was it his love for the technique that brought them here?

It wouldn't be long before the party of three became four as another genin made her way to the training ground. This one was familiar, and he would notice her as she came closer. She was the girl he had met very recently on the outskirts of the village. Genji...

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Yuzuru Kodogu
 Posted: Jun 17 2018, 01:32 PM
Quote Post
Member

Post Count: 29
Member Inventory: View
Ryu: 200
Offline


It was good to see his friend and ally was to be assigned to his team, although he had an inkling that would be the case ever since their mission together ages ago. The new voice that spoke out he didn't recognize, although judging from the look on Ninigi's face the other genin did. Studying her as she approached Yuzuru could tell that she was fit at least but knew that trying to draw further conclusions from appearance alone was futile. He himself was a prime example of that. For instance, some might even assume he didn't like to get his hands dirty from the immaculate way he presented himself.

Approaching Genji he clapped her on the shoulder with one hand in a friendly fashion and introduced himself, being careful to hold back his strength.

"Pleasure to meet you, Genji. I look forward to working together."

Turning back to Zau he gave a short nod and crossed his arms loosely. There wasn't really much for him to do until he had further instruction.

"Yes sensei. I can use that technique and most of the other 'genin basics' I believe, unless there are a few I am simply unaware of. Is this all of us or will there be more?"

--------------------
Yuzuru Kodogu
user posted image
PM
^
Uchiha, Zau
 Posted: Jun 18 2018, 09:42 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Post Count: 193
Member Inventory: View
Ryu: 700
Offline


Zau finally abruptly stood up, apparently done with his meditation. He put his feet beneath him and straightened his knees first, then straightened at the waist. As his whole body straightened out, he let out one long exhalation and turned to his students.

The Kodogu was big-really big. Most people Zau's age were taller than him, but this one was exceptionally so-he also may have been older than Zau, paradoxically. It just went to show-age meant nothing in the world of shinobi.

"Welcome, Genji. No, you are not the last, which also answers Yuzuru's question. As you may know, our village is currently at a bit of a shortage in terms of Jounin, so we're making do with larger teams. There is one more recent addition...but we'll just go ahead and he'll have to catch up. We're losing the tide."

Zau turned out towards the water, making sure again that there was enough room for what he had planned.

"Well, I already introduced myself before, but for Genji's benefit, I am Zau, of the Uchiha clan. I have been assigned as your Jounin sensei, and will be training you from now until the point you are all Chuunin. Before we start any missions, however, I have a bit of a test for the three-soon to be four-of you."

Zau shifted his hands, creating the Shadow Clone seal. A single clone came to life beside Zau under the cover of smoke. The clone waved and sat down on the same edge Zau had been sitting on before.

"We are standing on top of an exhaustive series of caves and tunnels. Some lead to dead ends, others loop around in circles with little to no identifying markers. Most are at least partially submerged, and a few are completely underwater.

There is one large cave, however, that was used by an ancestor of mine in the Kemuri clan for his personal training. That is where you'll find me. This river's water level will rise as the day goes on, filling tunnels and caves that were not filled before, and it is entirely possible that you could drown in these tunnels.

My clone will be keeping watch outside and will do his best to save you should you make a mistake, but I wouldn't rely on him-in fact, if you are rescued during this trial, you fail the test and I'll flunk you back to day one of the academy.

You have twelve hours to reach me in my ancestor's cave; you'll recognize it by all the torches. After six hours, my clone will enter the tunnels to "rescue" anyone he comes across. If he catches you, or if you fail to reach me, you fail. Oh, and there is no natural light down there. I would recommend figuring that out before you start. There may be other things down there as well. Be careful.
"

With the rules having been explained, Zau smiled and walked backwards off the edge, disappearing with a sprint down one of the starting tunnels. Unlike the genin, he knew exactly which path he had to take and knew every twist and turn on the way; and, though he hadn't let them see it, he was now using the Sage chakra he had been gathering before, so he was moving MUCH faster than his genin could.

Zau's clone held up his hand as soon as Zau left, clearly intending to keep the genin from starting too quickly. After about 10 minutes had passed, the clone would wave the genin on, allowing them to get started.

Once they dropped down to the banks of the river, they would see three tunnels before them. There were no specific markers on any of the tunnels, but they were slightly different in their positioning; one was entirely out of the water, one was half-submerged, but allowed enough room for the genin to walk atop if they crouched, and the third was so full already that the genin would have to swim to make any progress at all. It was up to the genin how they wanted to proceed.

OOC:

I have a map of these tunnels, and will be keeping track of where you go. Please do not make any turns unless I indicate there are turns to be made. At a walking pace, if you make all the correct turns, you'll get there before my clone even enters the tunnels. It's on you to find the way though. Also, that assumes you don't get held up by...things.

As long as everyone posts at least once within a round, don't worry about post order among yourselves. I'll post every round to describe your progress, after everyone has posted at least once per round. You can post multiple times per round if it makes sense, but don't go on a posting spree to try to make lots of progress in a single round. I'll smack you and find a way to slow you down.

All that being said though, I'll start you off with a hint: I've already told you the correct starting tunnel. Good luck!

--------------------
Uchiha, Zau
user posted image
PM
^
Kemuri, Genji
 Posted: Jun 18 2018, 10:36 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Post Count: 30
Member Inventory: View
Ryu: 6350
Offline


It wasn't until he stood and introduced himself that Genji would realize her new sensei was roughly her age, a little older she wagered. It didn't bother her too much, but at the same time it made her quite aware of how much she had been slacking off over the years. If she had committed herself sooner maybe she'd a jounin as well, or at the very least a chuunin.

After returning introductions to the teammates here she'd jump down safely to entrance of the three tunnels.

"Let's see...he asked if we could walk on water. However one requires swimming and the other would require us to crouch. I can't imagine he'd have us go down one of those yet and that being able to walk on water must be at a more integral part. Haha I could be wrong though but I feel as if I should go down this tunnel that is entirely out of the water, but I'll wait to see what the others do."

It didn't seem there was any rules against teamwork, something she felt was important for a genin team so after positioning herself at the tunnel they could sprint down she'd wait for the others to signify she felt this was the best course of action.

"Wait did he say Kemuri? I haven't heard of this place before at the compound!"

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
Yuzuru Kodogu
 Posted: Jun 18 2018, 01:10 PM
Quote Post
Member

Post Count: 29
Member Inventory: View
Ryu: 200
Offline


With their instructions received and 10 minutes to kill Yuzuru set about to being productive. Using [flash forge] he crafted six devices and then after a moment where he seemed to remember something made another two. Each of them was a relatively simple affair, being nothing more than a small pole with a grip crafted at one end and an oval with a slit in the middle at the other. Next he took off his red robe and pressed his hand against it, closing his eyes to focus on this step.

He hadn't done much with this jutsu outside of mending his clothing, but technically it was capable of much more. Within a few moments the immaculate cloth expanded significantly in size and was covered in a layer of resin. Satisfied with his handiwork Yuzuru meandered over to Ninigi and casually accepted a small loan of one million one kunai. Of course he could have made his own, but for now he may as well conserve his chakra.

Cutting strips from the cloth he threaded them through the slits in the devices he had made earlier and then wrapped them around the oval multiple times before tying them off securely. He also cut off a large number of much smaller strips and set them aside for later. With multiple makeshift torches made Yuzuru searched for a clearing that looked like it was relatively clear of vegetation and dropped the remainder of his robes there. A few meters away he stabbed two of the torches into the ground for their fourth member to retrieve when they eventually got there. Pointing at the robes that were on the ground Yuzuru glanced over at his teammates.

"Ninigi or Genji, I'm going to need fire. I could do it myself but I should conserve some chakra after all that."

While they hopefully dealt with that Yuzuru forged himself a trident, stabbed it into the ground to make it easier to retrieve in a few moments, and went over to grab a torch from his stockpile. Lighting it in the flames coming off the robe he addressed his squad again while tucking another torch in his belt and picking up his weapon once more with his free hand once that was done.

"We should probably stick together, although if you want to go off on your own I'm not going to stop you. Together we can have one person holding a torch with the others having a free hand, letting our supply last longer and allowing at least 2 of us to use handseals. If we do go as a group I'd suggest me at the front with a torch. As at least one of you knows Kodogu are rather hard to hurt, so I'm most likely to survive unscathed if we encounter one of sensei's traps."

Collecting his pile of smaller strips of resin soaked cloth he had made earlier Yuzuru stowed them away for now as he made his way to the tunnels. It was likely a safe bet to rule out the tunnel which required them to swim, but the other two were both possibilities. The one with water in it to the halfway mark was safe for them to walk on now and would satisfy the earlier "can you walk on water" question. However, sensei had said something about the tide. That tunnel could turn into a replica of the tunnel he had already ruled out at any point.

How fast did the tide come in? He had no experience with such things. Akarigakure wasn't exactly the type of place where learning about the tide mattered. All he knew was that he had 12 hours to finish this trial. 6 hours before the clone made things difficult. Was the tide important? Sensei wouldn't have mentioned it unless it was. Dry tunnel it was. If they didn't start getting wet anytime soon he'd think about reconsidering.

He wasn't about to start heading that way until everyone was on the same page, but once they did come to a conclusion about what way to go he would place one of the resin strips at the entrance to the tunnel right at the top. That way when their last teammate came along he could choose to follow their path or make his own way, but at least the option would be there for him to catch up.

costs
Flash forge * 9 = 63
Wardrobe Change = 9
total cost = 72
remaining = 464

--------------------
Yuzuru Kodogu
user posted image
PM
^
Uchiha, Ninigi
 Posted: Jun 19 2018, 06:02 PM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Post Count: 119
Member Inventory: View
Ryu: 600
Offline


Zau would do all the talking for a little while, creating a clone somewhere in the middle of his dialogue with them before he left. He had explained their circumstances and his clone now seemed to maintain order. He reflected on the Jounin's words and sighed after a very deep breath. Their sensei had threatened them with demotion; this was the oldest trick in the book. However the genin's knowledge of his own ignorance and paranoia made sure almost every sensei could be guaranteed that their students believed them enough to sit up.

"Nope, no fire from me bro. Genji, you got anything? Oh by the way, Genji, this is Yuzuru, Yuzuru, Genji...she's got jokes"

He would fold his hands at the river banks as he looked at all three tunnels thinking about what the most correct way to commence the journey. Uchiha Zau, sadist? Probably. "Yup, I'm going this way." He would say pointing to the half-submerged tunnel. He looked back to Yuzuru who seemed to not like the idea of being remotely near the water yet. "It's called instinct" He would point to his cranium and give a cheeky smirk.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Uchiha, Zau
 Posted: Jun 21 2018, 07:26 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Post Count: 193
Member Inventory: View
Ryu: 700
Offline


Zau's clone watched the three prepare for their journey underground, and noted that Yuzuru in particular seemed to have abilities that granted him a great deal of versatility; however, it seemed Ninigi wasn't being very forthcoming with fire, which could help the trio out considerably; oh well. "Zau" wasn't here to correct their teamwork. He'd save that for the main body, who would get a full report once this clone dispersed.

It seemed Genji and Yuzuru intended to go down the dry tunnel, while Ninigi would choose the half-submerged tunnel. The clone knew that both paths would eventually get them where they needed to go, but also knew that one was significantly more difficult than the other; he didn't feel like being very forthcoming with that information, however. He did find it reassuring that no one chose the flooded tunnel, however-Zau had sprinted off, after all, and one couldn't really do that with only enough clearance for one's head. Even Zau wasn't THAT short.

Of course, that being said, no matter which path they took, they'd only have a few dozen feet of light before the lack of fire would make progressing dangerous. They could keep going, of course, but without light, the chances of twisting their ankles or knocking their heads on the ceilings (NPCer note - without light or another reliable navigation method, I WILL make these things happen) became much greater. This threat was especially applicable to Yuzuru, who was so tall that even the dry tunnel might get low in places, and Ninigi, who was working with less room by default due to his chosen tunnel.

If they continued down their respective tunnels, it would take an hour for each path to become notable; the dry tunnel curved for quite some time, almost as if it was a corkscrew shape-eventually, however, it would open out to a chamber with an underground pond. The pond had a bit of an acrid smell coming off of it, almost sulfuric. Provided the two had eventually made light between the pair, they would be able to see that the pond, despite the smell, did not seem to be bubbling dangerously, nor did they feel any odd temperature fluctuations. They would additionally find that, while the smell made the pond seem rather inhospitable, there was no other exit in this room-if there was a way forward, it was either hidden behind them or inside the pond itself.

Ninigi, on the other hand, would find no odd twists or turns; rather, once he delved into the tunnels, after an hour of walking, he would come to a three-way fork; The left path careened off, and seemed to fill with more water as it went off. It was hard to tell elevation down here, but that tunnel, based on the water level, seemed to steadily drop. The center path, however, seemed the opposite-as it progressed, the water level would lessen. While he couldn't see the floor, it would seem clear that the water would eventually empty out down that way. The right path was higher than the other two, and would have a completely dry rise-but shortly after that rise, there would be a new drop off, leading to a deep pond in an otherwise empty chamber. This pond didn't smell sulfuric like the other; instead, it had somewhat of a more copper-like smell. Of course, Ninigi wouldn't see any of this if he chose to proceed blind; he'd have to rely on feeling and scent alone.

~~~

Zau jogged down the tunnel, a fiery sword serving as a torch in his hand. The path he had taken (which I will not be revealing til the end) was completely dry at this point, regardless of the level of water it had before; he almost didn't need the light, so used to these tunnels as he was. Given the speed he went down these tunnels with, he was already about a third of the way to the end. He slowed to a walk; this next part was tricky, especially since he wanted to preserve the challenge for his genin. He'd have to make it past without ruining it.

--------------------
Uchiha, Zau
user posted image
PM
^
Kemuri, Genji
 Posted: Jun 21 2018, 09:18 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Post Count: 30
Member Inventory: View
Ryu: 6350
Offline


Seeing that Ninigi was going down a different tunnel and that Yuzuru was coming with him she felt a little bit of a announces that they weren't going to all stick together. Then again maybe he thought it was a race? She wasn't sure but she was sure that they would need light and right now it seemed it was up to her. Stopping briefly she'd speak up to Yuzuru.

'I can create a fire if you need. Let's light one of the torches now and since you offered I'll let you lead the way with it."


Assuming he was okay with it Genji would form the handseals and place her hand up to her mouth when the torch was ready. Using a far less amount of chakra she'd produce a small baby fireball that would be strong enough to light it but not outright destroy the touch as she used greatly weakened Katon: Goukakyou no Jutsu [Fire Release: Great Fireball Technique]. If he protested for some reason she'd check the cave walls for any type of flint and pull out her kunai and do about it the harder longer way trying to create a spark strong enough to light it instead.

-----

Once reaching the pond Genji would stop and survey the area. It would seem they were at a dead end of sorts. Either they missed a hidden passage or they were to go through the odd dangerous looking pound. Taking to her tracking training she would hope that their sensei would leave some minor clue for them to catch. Using Tsuiseki [Tracking]
she'd focus only on the trail they had been following; the jutsu in turn making details related to the trail stand out more accurately. If nothing stood out then she'd Chikaku [Perception]. Closing her eyes she'd focuses first on her sense of touch to see if feel if there was any slight breeze in the cavern that would give hint to a hidden passage, and after that she'd focus on her sense of smell, and then her sense of hearing. Sure she didn't have super human senses to start with but at least the jutsu would aid in a small way.

Coming out from her still position she'd relay any information she gained to Yuzuru.

Statistics


Jutsu:

Katon: Goukakyou no Jutsu [Fire Release: Great Fireball Technique] - Pending response
TsuChikaku [Perception] - 0
Tsuiseki [Tracking] - 0

Stats:

Perception: 25

Chakra:

Max - 530
Used this post - N/A
Used Total - N/A
Current - 530


--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
Uchiha, Ninigi
 Posted: Jun 25 2018, 03:50 PM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Post Count: 119
Member Inventory: View
Ryu: 600
Offline


Surely Ninigi knew better than to commit himself to a dodgy waterlogged journey all by himself. Yuzuru was a rock, and he needed him by his side. If the team wouldn't be convinced to "side with Ninigi's wishes", he would yield to their decision. Genji would claim to have the required fire, but once she was midway through her hand seals Ninigi would halt her as he knew what jutsu it was. "Don't worry, I got this, don't want you huffing a huge puff for this measly requirement." He would quickly draw seals that would produce a Fire Clone He would then stab the clone with a torch and the resulting burst of fire would light it.

From there they could light more torches and be on their way. Assuming they still went against Ninigi's instinct, the silence between them would slowly become unbearable even more so than the smell that they would soon encounter. Looking down at the pond Ninigi would shake his head. What do you know? A fantastic pond. Genji would proceed to doing some ninja magick but Ninigi was out of ideas in this moment. He wanted to say so badly "I told you so", but he would keep his cool.


--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Yuzuru Kodogu
 Posted: Jul 9 2018, 12:12 AM
Quote Post
Member

Post Count: 29
Member Inventory: View
Ryu: 200
Offline


'Yes please for the love of all that is holy, let there be light.'

While Yuzuru didn't outright say those words there was nothing stopping him from thinking them very loudly in his head. He had no idea why Ninigi was being difficult when he knew exactly what the other genin was capable of, and in a worst case scenario was willing to light the fire himself. If no one did all his work up to now would have gone to waste, and waste was practically a curse word in his household.

"Thank you Genji, at least someone has some sens- oh now you want to help."

Throwing his hands in the air in mild exasperation Yuzuru moved over and let whoever light the damn fire. Ninigi seemed to think his method would use less chakra, and Yuzuru knew the other genin from other encounters so he was inclined to believe that he knew what he was talking about. Regardless, they now had light. Off they went to see the wiza- their sensei. No yellow brick road for them. As he went along the way he made sure to leave markers for their fellow teammate to follow.

Arriving at the pond Yuzuru would see that Genji was taking the initiative and would wait for her to deliver on whatever she had. Meanwhile he would busy himself with looking around for any signs of an alternative route in the area just behind them. He found it unlikely that they had missed a turn off, there were three pairs of eyes and they had adequate light available to them. Far more likely that the way forward demanded they go through the pond. It was almost certain that they had taken the wrong tunnel if going into the body of smelly liquid was the right call for them right now, but it was the only option that didn't involve going back. Perhaps there was nothing at the bottom and they would have to head back anyway, but Yuzuru still had a few tricks up his sleeve.

Searching around for a suitable anchor, he needed to find a rock formation that he could attach wires to and that could withstand... a lot of weight. The alternative would be to use his teammates but that would be potentially problematic. Regardless of what he found once Genji relayed his information he would nod towards the pond itself.

"I'm going in. Wait here."

After a short series of handseals Yuzuru would form an airtight suit around himself. A transparent alloy such as indium tin oxide would be used to allow for frontal visibility, and weaker more malleable metals would form the joints. Mobility would be absolute crap but with any luck that wouldn't matter. Attaching Chakra Threads to his anchor Yuzuru would enter the pond cautiously to ensure that first and foremost his suit held up. Assuming it did he would begin the search for an exit through this path.

--------------------
Yuzuru Kodogu
user posted image
PM
^
Uchiha, Zau
 Posted: Jul 9 2018, 01:28 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Post Count: 193
Member Inventory: View
Ryu: 700
Offline


As the trio began examining their surroundings, one thing would become clear to them-as Yuzuru had felt, they did not seem to have missed any turns, nor were there secret or hidden passages. The only way forward, it seemed, was through the foul-smelling pond.

Genji would find no markers from their sensei-indeed, she would not even find a trail, for they had never been following a trail in the first place, per se. She would find no hidden passages, she would hear no breezes, and all she would smell was the foulness of the lake. However, while she hadn't heard any odd breezes, she did hear something else-a sound that she likely wouldn't immediately recognize, but was coming from under the water. The sound came from an underwater current, rushing through an underwater tunnel; but it was fairly unlikely that Genji would have a frame of reference to identify that sound (though she'd at least be able to know that it was a movement-type noise, coming from under the water)

Yuzuru, once again, seemed to have come to a solution, though there were a few significant issue he seemed to have not immediately planned for, at least, not from a cursory read-through by the NPCer; of course, there was a chance that it wouldn't matter. He would find the rock formations he needed to effectively support his weight as he went underwater. However, Indium tin oxide was about 8 times as dense as water; he wouldn't be able to swim into the water so much as he would just keep walking til he reached a drop-off.

However, there were two significant issues with this; first, their light source was fire, so Yuzuru obviously could not bring it with him; if he kept it in the suit, said fire would rapidly burn through Yuzuru's rather limited supply of oxygen, and bringing it with him outside of the suit was obviously not an option. So, due to the lack of light, Yuzuru could not see further than a few feet beneath the murky water (and about a foot around his chakra thread, though that light was quite dim), and he could not tell how deep the drop off might have been. The second issue was air-Yuzuru only had the air in the suit when he made it, which...wasn't much. Exploring for too long in this suit was dangerous. He at least had more air than he would have had if he had just jumped in, and he was safe from any potentially dangerous effects of touching said water, but he wouldn't find an easy answer yet. There WAS a current here-but thanks to Yuzuru's suit, he could not feel it, so they'd need some other method of figuring it out.

~~~

Zau walked slowly, currently wringing water out of his shirt. It was impossible to get all the way through without getting wet, no matter how perfect one's trail was. Still, Zau had almost made it, and he managed to do so without disrupting the obstacles he left behind for his students. It wouldn't be long now til he reached the end.

--------------------
Uchiha, Zau
user posted image
PM
^
Yuzuru Kodogu
 Posted: Jul 9 2018, 02:46 AM
Quote Post
Member

Post Count: 29
Member Inventory: View
Ryu: 200
Offline


OOC: Posting again because I kinda have all the info y'all need to reply

IC: Dropping into the deeps, Yuzuru would indeed encounter the issue of light. Or rather, the lack thereof. He wasn't so much concerned with air since he only planned to stay long enough to scout out the situation quickly and then he would be gone. As soon as he was on solid ground again however something would swiftly make itself apparent. With the chakra threads no longer held taut as he released more and more of their length they would consistently drift in a certain direction. Couple this with the information from Genji and the true nature of the current would come to light.

Following the current as far as his threads would allow Yuzuru would let another chakra thread from his other hand out so the current could pull it where it would go. With the light it gave off he would be able to locate the tunnel and at least get some kind of read on its size. Pulling himself back up by the threads Yuzuru would unseal his suit once he was well out of the pond and return to his team.

"There's definitely a current in there heading into a tunnel. I can get the rest of you suits as well, tie us together with chakra threads, and we can go on a little adventure. No idea how far it goes though and we'd have very limited air supplies so I'd suggest slow breathing. More bad news; the tunnel could narrow and our suits get stuck. In that case I can get us out with helmets at least intact, but that limits our air even further and exposes us to the fluid which I honestly don't think is a good idea. Thoughts?"

The genin spoke matter-of-factly, trying to keep the amount of time they were still to a minimum. If they didn't go through with this they would have to turn around and lose potentially hours of precious time. Yuzuru had run through other possible scenarios on what they could try but none of them seemed viable. Making a sort of submarine was an attractive option, but if the suits might have difficulty something even bulkier was just out. He could try constructing a metal corridor straight down into the pond, displacing the water along the way. The issue with that was chakra cost. He could die of exhaustion before they ever reached the other side, and they had only just started. He would need to preserve his strength. Unless there was a better option presented this was the best he could offer. If all were in agreement Yuzuru would create the suits, leaving behind a fourth suit for whoever followed them, and would follow through with his plan as outlined.

--------------------
Yuzuru Kodogu
user posted image
PM
^
Kemuri, Genji
 Posted: Jul 11 2018, 08:09 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Post Count: 30
Member Inventory: View
Ryu: 6350
Offline


It would seem to Genji that Yuzuru was a very matter of fact person, but also one of those men who jumps into things before thinking. They hadn't even fully assessed the situation before he created a metal suit and jumped into the pond. Still, she couldn't' argue with his result and it would be hypocritical of her to say she wasn't brash as well when it came to fighting.

"I used my senses to identify a sound, some sort of movement-type noise, coming from under the water. This might be the tunnel you speak of and it's current, but I think we should prepare ourselves for it not being that at all and be some sort of obstacle laid out...maybe a trap. Because of that I don't think we should wear the suits. We might need our mobility and speed if the tunnel is long. Being trapped in a metal unable to swim up for air in a air pocket would be a death sentence. Maybe a compromise. Could you create an airbladder of sorts? Something we could put to our lips and suck air out of when needed, that can be carried in the hand.

That said I don't see any other course of action, we need to go into the pond to get to the next area....

...
...
Yuzuru, you mentioned Kodogu are hard to hurt. I can see why if you're able to create metal. I have heard of your clan. I must admit I know nothing about your bloodline but I do know a lot about your clans fighting styles. The Quicksilver style is fantastic.
"

Genji loved fighting styles. It was a knowledgeable trait of hers, and her most studied subject. She wanted to go into talking about it further but she would cut herself off when she snapped to the realization that this wasn't the time nor place to carry on a conversation about fighting styles. For now she'd prepare for what her teammate had to say about her thoughts and ideally move out.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topic


 


 


Skin made by Kman of Kskins