Ryu: 0

Item Name: Hétéroclite Regalia

Item Type: Sword

Dimensions: 3.5 foot blade

Weight: 4 pounds

Appearance:
x
user posted image

A fairly large, intricate looking, sword consisting primarily of an ebony black-purplish hue as its base with deep crimson red jewels aligning its hilt, tip of the blade, and lower blade. The entire blade, hilt and all, are also etched with dark silver linings that give it its large but refined form.

History:
A blade of unknown origins, a history shrouded in darkness, it's ominous presence is detailed as wrong as if it doesn't belong in this world or any. It has no history of those who wielded it in the past mostly because none ever have...it wielded people. A dark blade that overwhelms and possesses the weak that dare to grasp its immense power. It has a strong presence and resonance towards demons making it possible to be from the demon realm which would also account for its unknown background. Some scattered legends speak of a demon who wielded a deadly sword so powerful it sliced open an entrance through the veil and into the real world.

These legends speak of a low ranked demon besting others in the world by robbing them of their primary weapon, their most useful tool for defeating their kind. Chakra. Without the aid of their powerful jutsus, the people were unable to defend themselves from this threat and instead fled and coward in fear from it. They say it sliced a path of blood and bodies throughout the land before other demons were set upon it. They were furious, or jealous, that this measly creature did so much and not even in their name, that it was upsetting the balance of their kind and would have to be put down. After that moment all stories ceased; some say it was killed and the blade left to rust, others say they left it to find a new path, others believe it somehow escaped destruction, while most believe it was simply a story. A lesson for shinobi to never become completely and utterly reliant on their chakra.

Specialties:
-While wielding it with chakra a dark essence pours out and around it; dark purple-like flames of miasma. This is merely aesthetic and can be turned off.
-This blade has extremely sharp edges that are defined by it's use; where most swords are defined by the user's strength this sword is defined by speed or agility.
-Chakra that comes into contact with this blade, no matter the form or lack there of, corrodes and deteriorates. The sharp edges of the blade seem to cut through all manner of things made of chakra at a visual glance but it simply erases the chakra at the point of contact. Coming into contact with an object filled or imbudded with chakra, even people, will also lose their chakra. The amount of chakra erased can be any up to 50 points per hit through physical contact or direct extensions of the blade itself; sword techniques that use it as a median. The wielder isn't immune if they come into contact with the blade.

Costs: 3 AAP

Owner: Uchiha Lapis

--------------------
PM
^
BurningBright
 Posted: Mar 12 2018, 04:41 AM
Quote Post
Administrator

Member Inventory: View
Ryu: 3300

I'm not sure if the ability to shift the attributes dependent upon wielding a weapon shouldn't be unique weapon territory, to be honest.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
ZacDesu
 Posted: Mar 12 2018, 07:37 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Ryu: 100

This would fall more in line with a fighting style using the aforementioned Specialty to increase your Strike Speed Skill or possibly the agility attribute itself.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
^
IzzetDragon
 Posted: Mar 12 2018, 08:46 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Actually it's not how it's wielded it's how it's designed, a thinner blade would be more fragile if used like a normal blade, it doesn't have the density or durability to hold out under stress when clashing like normal swords so it has to be used for quick attacks...it's not that it shifts more like a requirement

--------------------
PM
^
ZacDesu
 Posted: Mar 13 2018, 12:19 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Ryu: 100

not built to be wielded by strength but rather speed and agility,

Ahh cool. I believe we both assumed that because you wrote Speed and Agility as the main stat enhancer for the 'power' of this sword. In that case, this doesn't alter any stats whatsoever or utilize another stat aside from Strength for power. You would just use this sword as a pokey pokey rather than a slashy slashy. Got it.

Approved.

This post has been edited by ZacDesu: Mar 13 2018, 12:20 AM

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
^
IzzetDragon
 Posted: Mar 13 2018, 08:05 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

No no it is meant for... http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/huh.gif ...slashy slashy...I suppose for slice and dicing, it's meant to swing and continue on, not throwing one's weight into it for clashing...hm I think I need an example...imagine how a rapier is used, yes for stabbing but for multiple stabbings, to reach in and stab the target then pulled back for another. It isn't designed for pushing with all one's weight, eventually the tip would break, but used at its high speeds and specially pointed tip allows it to poke just as deep if not deeper. In truth this sort of sword is built especially for the battou style, quick slices before durability is tested, then retreat to do it again...and again...you get the idea

Normal swords are more durable, rapiers can stab deeper/better, this slices better...like a scale; specially designed swords for a purpose on each side that lack their opposite, normal swords in the middle that can do a bit of both but on average capabilities

--------------------
PM
^
BurningBright
 Posted: Mar 13 2018, 09:00 AM
Quote Post
Administrator

I get what you're saying, but that is not how this sword is designed. Neither it's picture nor its description match a sword that is meant to be used quickly rather than wielded with brute force. All swords are "thin". That's how they cut. But this is a large weapon, by your own words. It's not a speed/agility type of weapon, it's strength.

For the record though, a sword meant to be especially good at slashing would probably be a curved one, like a katana or scimitar.

If it's only flavor, that's fine. But saying in the specialty section that it uses speed makes it an actual ability of the weapon that runs contrary to both the design of the weapon and the rules of the forum, which is doable...but needs to be unique.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
Albacorbis
 Posted: Mar 13 2018, 09:31 AM
Quote Post
Red-Ice Froot Loli

Ryu: 500

A few problems here.

You want a sword that can slash and 'continue on', that sounds to me like you want something with good slashing power and follow through. That is directly at odds with the idea of a thin blade which you bring up in your comments (which in turn is also directly at odds with your description of the sword as a "fairly large" blade, but that's another issue). A thin weapon that specializes in slashing doesn't exist in the real world for a lot of reasons. For slashing, curved edges are more forgiving and therefore preferable. However a sword with a curved edge is actually harder to use quickly as there is more mass towards the end of the blade, and that transfers the center of mass away from the handle. This is actually the exact opposite of what you're aiming for as you want a weapon that is agile and quick. Let's move away from that for a moment seeing as this isn't even a curved weapon.

You mention the rapier, which is a good starting point. The rapier was designed as a primarily thrusting weapon that was light and quick. It fits almost all of your criteria, except it's absolutely atrocious at slashing. Even on a longsword you have around 6 inches of the blade that's actually going to cut well if you chop with it, and it actually has the mass to back it up. If you try and cut with a rapier on bare skin it will deal some damage to be sure, but it won't cut very deep at all. It very likely wouldn't even cut through something as weak as leather armor.

Plus you've already identified one of the main problems yourself. A thin blade is a weak blade. Normally constructed weapons were already at risk of being ruined in the thick of combat, let alone one that was much less sturdy.

tl;dr
If a fast cutting sword is what you seek, as far as my research shows there aren't any real world examples. At least, none that prioritize speed or agility to the detriment of strength (both of the user and structurally). In fact the "best" cutting swords (or at least most forgiving) are less agile in general.

--------------------
Vivian Hyuuga
user posted image

Yuzuru Kodogu
user posted image

Haruhi
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
^
IzzetDragon
 Posted: Mar 14 2018, 08:30 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Oh boy too many people, things tend to go south for me at this point...okay http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/unsure.gif breathe...let's tackle this one at a time:

BB:Your first part I will point down to what Alba said as that was exactly my point, there are no real world examples to really use. So as you pointed out, the pic doesn't match the idea at all...that was the point. It's all a ploy. It's large design gives off the idea of strength base, that's why I went into detail on its true purpose for design, only meant for quick slashes. Using the ploy was meant to give an image to its nature and it's name...Hétéroclite/irregular...things are not as they seem

Alba: Yes on all points but one, I'm not comparing this to a rapier, I was giving an example to reference a weapon with a designed purpose and where it would fail at. This sword is designed to look large, *points up*, but is thin like a normal sword and it's even half the normal weight of a sword which is usually 7-8 pounds

The picture and it's size in general are all meant to be aesthetic, something that's wielded differently than what it appears to be, a real irregularity. It's designed to work like a regular sword if a bit better for having more refined sharp edges, when used quickly it cuts/slashes deep. In terms of blade think of it thinner than a normal sword but bulkier than a sheet of metal. But it doesn't hold well when blocking or receiving hits in return. Does that help any, if not I can make it unique as BB said

--------------------
PM
^
Albacorbis
 Posted: Mar 14 2018, 10:48 AM
Quote Post
Red-Ice Froot Loli

Ryu: 500

“As leading sword expert Ewart Oakeshott unequivocally stated: "Medieval Swords are neither unwieldably heavy nor all alike - the average weight of any one of normal size is between 2.5 lb. and 3.5 lbs. Even the big hand-and-a-half 'war' swords rarely weigh more than 4.5 lbs.”

This weight is at best average, if not heavier than average. Not really sure where you got that they usually weight that much.

As to having more refined edges, that's all fine and dandy until it hits something even remotely hard. There's a reason actual swords had only so much of an edge. The sharper you made them the weaker they tended to be, and more maintenance was required to keep that edge. No one wants a blade that chips the second it hits anything that's not soft flesh. Unless that is what you want, but then you have to realize what that means when half the forum can break your sword by looking at it funny. Hell a sufficiently high endurance might even do it.

We have to use real world examples because this is a normal weapon. If this were an advanced weapon there is more leeway due to "insert chakra magic here". As it stands any sort of specialty beyond being an ordinary sword must be grounded in real world logic, hence the hold-up. Sorry for being a pain about it :\

--------------------
Vivian Hyuuga
user posted image

Yuzuru Kodogu
user posted image

Haruhi
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
^
IzzetDragon
 Posted: Mar 15 2018, 03:17 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Nah the only pain is details in trying to bring in real world facts...well that and me http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/laugh.gif alright well to make this stuff easier let's try this as a unique weapon....at least I can add in what I really wanted

Does this just get moved or should I just make a new creation

--------------------
PM
^
BurningBright
 Posted: Mar 16 2018, 07:40 AM
Quote Post
Administrator

Moved it for you. Post again when you're ready for this to be looked at as a unique.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
IzzetDragon
 Posted: Mar 18 2018, 09:15 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Alright I got the base of the power but my numbers need work, mostly wish to get a feel of the ability primarily through physical contact, I know even chakra absorption works better in such a situation

--------------------
PM
^
BurningBright
 Posted: Mar 29 2018, 07:54 AM
Quote Post
Administrator

Sorry it took so long; something was bugging me about this, and I didn't realize what it was until just now.

-Chakra that comes into contact with this blade, no matter the form or lack there of, corrodes and deteriorates. The sharp edges of the blade seem to cut through all manner of things made of chakra at a visual glance but it simply erases the chakra at the point of contact.

This part's fine. I had a sword on TNF that did something similar, and I intend to re-obtain it at some point.

Coming into contact with an object filled or imbudded with chakra, even people, will also feel this effect; it is truly a blade that cannot be blocked only evaded.

This part, specifically the "even people" and "cannot be blocked" parts are not as fine. As written, this erases people. That's not ok. That kind of omni-offense puts the blade on the same level of Truth-Seeking Balls.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
IzzetDragon
 Posted: Apr 2 2018, 03:36 PM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Really cool well I won't oppose seeing such a thing recreated

What! No...no...it errodes the chakra in them not the person. Think of Samehada, that's the best Canon example I can think of, eating away at any chakra it comes near. This comes into contact with any form just like sharkskin but instead destroys the chakra. Kisame could just swing close enough at Naruto when they first met and absorb his nine tails chakra while this touches the person or the chakra or chakra infused object and errodes it away...of course there's the harsh consequence of such a thing losing chakra; chakra depletion, jutsus losing form, etc, but this still follows the rule of absorption where enough chakra has to be destroyed

We all know why you can't block Samehada, even with jutsus, this is pretty much the same concept just different with its purpose

--------------------
PM
^
BurningBright
 Posted: Apr 3 2018, 01:27 AM
Quote Post
Administrator

While that may have been your intent, that's not what you wrote. I can only work with what was actually written. You wrote that it was a blade that couldn't be blocked, only evaded. That means it CANNOT be blocked.

Samehada CAN be blocked; you still lose the chakra, but you can absolutely stop the blade from ripping you apart. When you say a blade can't be blocked, you aren't talking about the chakra eating effect, you're talking about the blade.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
IzzetDragon
 Posted: Apr 3 2018, 02:06 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Yeah i got that I put too much emphasis on its effect...adjusted

--------------------
PM
^
BurningBright
 Posted: Apr 4 2018, 02:15 AM
Quote Post
Administrator

I'd say probably 3 AA as is.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
IzzetDragon
 Posted: Apr 4 2018, 04:55 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/dry.gif http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Gotcha

--------------------
PM
^
BurningBright
 Posted: Apr 9 2018, 07:29 AM
Quote Post
Administrator

Approved.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Closed TopicStart new topic

Skin made by Kman of Kskins