Reply to this topicStart new topic

> Communing with Nature, Part 1
Vivian Hyuuga
 Posted: Nov 16 2017, 10:13 AM
Quote Post
Ghost of Akari

Member Inventory: View
Ryu: 0

Upon arriving in Tsurui the first thing that stuck out for Vivian was how silent it was. There weren't any children running around playing or neighbors calling out to each other at that early hour. Everyone was at home presumably praying for this sickness to pass.

Making her way to the town center she thought on the best way to go about this mission. Ichihara had been sent ahead of her but now he was nowhere to be found. Not only that but if his cryptic little note really had come from him she had to be cautious. There was no reason for him to not go more in depth about what he had found, not that she could think of anyway. So either he was deliberately withholding information or... well she was going to find out one way or another.

Coming up to the building where the village leader resided she knocked and quietly waited for someone to answer. If the villagers didn't know where her fellow shinobi went then she had a choice to make. Would she still go looking for him blindly, or stay here and try to address the sickness where a medic had failed?

--------------------
Vivian Hyuuga
user posted image
PM
^
Vivian Hyuuga
 Posted: Jan 21 2018, 01:10 PM
Quote Post
Ghost of Akari

A few moments later the door creaked open just a inch and an elderly man that was presumably the leader of the village peered from around it. For a few tense moments it looked like he was going to shut the door on her when it became apparent he didn't recognize her. Then his eyes fell on her forehead protector and the tension was visibly eased.

"We were starting to wonder if anyone else was showing up. Come in, come in."

Walking in the genin took in her surroundings. There were the usual personal effects as befit a home, as well as a few oddities that marked this as something akin to an office. A large map of the village was plastered against one of the walls beneath which a cluttered desk held what appeared from a distance to be stacks of documents. Vivian could only assume that it was from here that the old man worked in overseeing the day to day administration of this village.

Pulling up a pair of chairs for the two of them the village leader sat down and bade her do the same. Not wanting to seem rude she accepted and watched as her cleared his throat awkwardly.

"I'll be honest, I was expecting someone a little more... experienced to be coming. Someone more Ichihara's age."

Vivian stood up straighter at the mention of the chuunin medics name. Ignoring the jab at her age she pressed on with a professional air, although underneath the act she bristled at the assumption that she wasn't up to the job.

"I was actually hoping you could shed some light on the subject of Ichihara. He sent us this and, from our perspective at least, it makes no sense. Any idea what it could mean?"

Handing over the letter Ichihara had sent the village a few days ago she watched the leader carefully for his reaction as he read it.

--------------------
Vivian Hyuuga
user posted image
PM
^
Vivian Hyuuga
 Posted: Jan 21 2018, 01:19 PM
Quote Post
Ghost of Akari

Much to her disappointment he seemed only confused. Reading it and rereading it to make sure the old man passed the letter back and sadly shook his head.

"That doesn't make any sense to me either, and I've lived here my whole life. That man was here to investigate why our village was getting sick, not talk to the trees. Are you sure he was right in the head?"

Smiling wryly Vivian took back the letter and stowed it away. "That's really not for me to say, but I would assume the answer was yes or he wouldn't have been sent. I'd like to think that whatever he's talking about here is linked to the issues plaguing your village. Any idea where he might be? Where he was last seen?"

Grumbling the village leader crossed his arms and looked away for a few moments. With a sigh it appeared as though he came to a decision. Pointing out away from where she had come he began talking.

"Last he was seen Ichihara was heading that way. There's a forest that way but don't expect to find any talking trees. What I want to know is what's being done for my people. Those affected are too weak to work and the fields are going to suffer."

Standing up Vivian walked over to the door and opened it. Looking over her shoulder she gave the leader a reassuring smile.

"If I find our medic I might be able to get some info out of him once I bring him back to the village. We'll get to the bottom of this."

--------------------
Vivian Hyuuga
user posted image
PM
^
Vivian Hyuuga
 Posted: Jan 21 2018, 01:42 PM
Quote Post
Ghost of Akari

Heading down the road out of the village the way the elder had instructed her Vivian paused once she was out of sight. Not knowing what was to come had the genin a little bit worried. There wasn't anyone from her team here to back her up if things went sideways, or her sensei to give advice. Just her.

Pulling a kunai out she made a shallow cut and performed a series of handseals. A cloud of smoke later and Heinlein was summoned. Leaning on his staff the tengu looked nonplussed as usual.

"So what is it this time?"

"It's sort of a search and rescue? We need to find a man named Ichihara Senju and also figure out whatever he knew about the illness he was investigating."

Nodding slowly Heinlein walked over.

"Lead the way."

There was something comforting for Vivian about having her friend and summon there with her. Where she was brash and headstrong he had a grounding effect. Together she doubted there was anything they couldn't overcome with enough determination and preparation.

--------------------
Vivian Hyuuga
user posted image
PM
^
Vivian Hyuuga
 Posted: Jan 21 2018, 01:58 PM
Quote Post
Ghost of Akari

Leading the way towards the forest Vivian made a few clones that acted as forward scouts. Each would run ahead in slightly different directions and comb the surrounding area for any sign of their missing chuunin. Periodically the clones would disperse and return the information they found back to the original, and if they failed to find anything of use she would make another and send it ahead.

The would continue until one of the clones came back saying they heard what sounded like talking coming from a thick forested area. Unable to make out exactly what was being said, it did at least sound like a man's voice. With that information available to them Vivian and Heinlein raced to where the clone had dispersed.

Once there they found that penetrating into the foliage was practically impossible, so they opted to go over. The alternative, blowing up the trees left right and center, might be a little bit much. Or so Heinlein said anyway.

--------------------
Vivian Hyuuga
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topic

Skin made by Kman of Kskins