Hitoshura
 Posted: Aug 24 2017, 10:43 AM
Quote Post

Member Inventory: View
Ryu: 0

Name: Tremere

Symbol:
user posted image

Leader: The Antediluvian took the moniker of Tremere after creating the clan, and his true name has long been forgotten by everyone, himself included. It has been a little under a millennia since he first joined the kindred, so Tremere does not see much of the world. He spends most of his time sleeping and hiding away from the world. At least, this is the most popular story among the rest of the Tremere clan. It is entirely possible that the founder could be dead, as it is unnecessary for him to give orders with the hierarchy he had set up.

Rumors constantly flow about this man amongst the lesser Tremere. Many say that this tall foreboding undead can see everything that happens within the clan, and that he remembers it all as well. The specifics about how this is done vary considerably. Some say that he has a spies and scouts interwoven into the clan who report to him through the chain of command. Others say that he uses magick to see and hear through the eyes and ears of the seven inner councilmen who make up the highest rank underneath Tremere himself. Still others say that he even possesses the bodies of the councilmen and acts in their stead.

Advancement: Each rank of the Tremere clan has seven sub-ranks called Circles of Mystery. Prestige is very important to advancing through the circles, and even more incredible achievements are required for initiation into a higher circle. The method of being accepted into a higher circle is very formal in nature. The candidate is brought before his immediate superior and at least two other ranking Tremere clan members. The four plus members discuss the candidate's achievements and qualifications, and a personal interview is normally conducted. Upon advancement, the candidate is awarded a medallion identifying his rank and circle. The medallion is normally worn on formal occasions, but the member can wear it whenever he or she chooses.

Hierarchy: The Tremere created a pyramid like hierarchy. The clan can only be sustained if everyone works together, and even at the lowest rank, an out of place block can weaken the entire structure. Respect for the structure is expected to be maintained at all times, and the clan is quick to punish those who behave to weaken the structure.

Apprentice

An apprentice is sometimes called a neonate, and are the lowest blocks in the pyramid. A newly created apprentice is forced to drink the blood of his sire. The new vampire should be immediately taken to a chantry and given a special mixture of vitae that is said to be comprised of the blood of the seven inner council members, as well as that of Tremere himself. This ritual symbolizes the bond between the apprentice and his sire, as well as his loyalty to the clan. The apprentice is bound to follow the mandate of their Regent, the head of the chantry they were inducted into. This chantry is normally the one located closest to the new member's home. All apprentices are expected to show respect towards any magi of higher rank or circle, and are quickly educated if they do otherwise.

As all ranks, the apprentice rank has seven Circles of Mystery. As they progress, they gain more freedom and influence. As a first circle apprentice, one is required to meet with his or her elder in the chantry once a week. Seventh circle apprentices are more or less independent. At the seventh circle, those who dwell mainly within the chantry have nearly as much influence as the Regent himself.

Regent

An apprentice who has reached the seventh Circle of Mystery can apply to become a Regent. A Regent is one who rules over a single chantry. They are responsible for the activities of all apprentices who are within its province, or the area surrounding the chantry. Each hidden village has two chantries, and hundreds more lie all throughout the world. A Regent is required to meet once a year with their Lord at the Lord's chantry.

Lord

A Regent who has reached the seventh Circle of Mystery can apply to become a Lord. A lord is sometimes referred to as a High Regent, as they control about a half dozen chantries in a general area referred to as a Realm. Each country contains about 8 Realms, each ruled by a Lord. While a Lord is very frequently in contact with his or her superior, a Lord is required to meet with the Pontifex every three years at the Pontifex's chantry.

Pontifex

There are only five Pontifex that will ever be in existence. Each of these is responsible for all clan members within one of the countries of Seichi. These five are responsible for monitoring all economic, political, and industrial advancement within their territory. These five are normally considered to be the top rung, as any issue from a Lord or below that needs to be taken above the Pontifex to the Council of Seven would have to be a matter regarding the immediate security of the clan or other critical situation that the Pontifex cannot address by himself. The Pontifex is required to travel to the chantry of their Councilor every seven years to discuss future plans.

Councilor

The Inner Council of Seven is made up of the oldest vampires. Among them are seven of the original eight that Tremere embraced. These do not rule individual areas, but instead control the whole of the clan as a council. These seven are responsible for pointing the direction the clan will take, and drafting the exact plans that will guide the clan to that goal. There is a rumor that each member of the council is in constant telepathic communication with the other members, but this is unknown. The Inner Council of Seven formally meets every ten years in the ancient Tremere chantry of Etrius, in located one of the least populated areas of Kawagakure.

Fighting Style: Those of the clan Tremere are generally not skilled fighters. The Tremere tend to embrace men and women of learning, so physical prowess is not a concern of the clan. The Tremere devote themselves to the study of the ninjutsu they call Thaumaturge, so their ninjutsu skill is far above average. When threatened, the Tremere do like to talk their way out of any situation so they do not have to fight, but are not afraid to show off the fruits of their labor by showering their foes with a fiery inferno.

Description: For the most part, the Tremere are unknown to the world. They like to remain obscure and out of sight. However, hiding themselves from the world would only bring suspicion upon the clan, so they try to integrate themselves into society in any way they can. While their talents would best be used as scholars and strategists, this would only serve to expose the clan as others would begin to ask why these people do not age or rather, age very slowly. As such, those who can manage to hide it may work in the public eye, but most do menial tasks at night, as that is the only time they can exist.

The Embrace
The Tremere do not pass on clan traits to their offspring, since all that makes one Tremere is in the blood, not DNA. This means that one cannot be born into the clan, and there is no Tremere surname.

One joins through a process called Embracing. This is a crude and often painful method of blood transfusions. During the embracing process, the new member's blood is mixed with that of his sire and of the Council. This new blood is what actually gives the clan members their power.

Clan Code
A potential sire is to force the new kindred to recite an oath of loyalty to the clan or kill the childe if they refuse. All members of the Tremere are to keep to the code or risk being killed by their clan mates. The code is sometimes altered by the sire to fit his own desires, though such an act is prohibited by the clan. The following is the code in its original and intended state.

"I, [initiate's name], hereby swear my everlasting loyalty to House and Clan Tremere and all its members. I am of their blood, and they are of mine. We share our lives, our goals and our achievements. I shall obey those the House sees fit to name my superiors, and treat my inferiors with all the respect and care they earn for themselves.

"I will not deprive nor attempt to deprive any member of House and Clan Tremere of his magickal power. To do so would be to act against the strength of our House. I will not slay nor attempt to slay any member of the House and Clan except in self defense, or when a magus has been ruled outlaw by a properly constituted tribunal. If a magus has been ruled an outlaw, I shall bend all efforts to bring such magus to justice.

"I will abide by all decisions of the tribunals, and respectfully honor the wishes of the Inner Council of Seven and the wishes of my superiors. The tribunals shall be bound by the spirit of the Code of Tremere, as supplemented by the Peripheral Code and interpreted by a properly constituted body of magi. I have the right to appeal a decision to a higher tribunal, if they should agree to hear my case.

"I will not endanger House and Clan Tremere through my actions. Nor will I interfere with the affairs of mundanes in any way that brings ruin upon my House and Clan. I will not, when dealing with devils, or others, in any way bring danger to the clan, nor will I disturb the faeries in any way that should cause them to take their vengeance on the House and Clan. I also swear to maintain the Masquerade. Insofar as these goals may conflict with my goals, I will not pursue my own ends in any way that would end anger the Masquerade. The strength of the House and Clan Tremere depends on the strength of the Masquerade.

"I will not use magic to scry upon members of the House and Clan Tremere, nor shall I use it to peer into their affairs. It is expressly forbidden.

"I will train only apprentices who will swear to this code, and should any of them turn against the House and Clan, I shall be the first to strike them down and bring them to justice. No apprentice of mine shall be called magus until he first swears to uphold the code. I shall treat my apprentices with the care and respect that they earn.

"I concede to my elders the right to take my apprentice should it be found that my apprentice is valuable to an elder's work. All are members of the House and Clan and valuable first to these precepts. I shall abide by the right of my superiors to make such decisions.

"I shall further the knowledge of the House and Clan and share with its members all that I find in my search for wisdom and power. No secrets are to be kept, or given, regarding the arts of magic, nor shall I keep secret the doings of others which might bring harm to the House and Clan.

"I demand that, should I break this oath, I should be cast out of the House and Clan. If I am cast out, I ask my brothers to find and slay me that my life may not continue in degradation and infamy.

"I recognize that the enemies of the House and Clan are my enemies, that the friends of the House and Clan are my friends, and that the allies of the House and Clan are my allies. Let us work as one and grow hale and strong.

"I hereby swear this oath on [current date]. Woe to they who try to tempt me to break this oath, and woe to me if I succumb to such temptation."

Bloodline: Thaumaturgy

Special Ability: The Tremere have a secondary, yet highly dangerous, source of chakra: their own blood. Tremere are able to create jutsu that supplement the normal chakra cost with the power of their own vitae.

While Tremere do age, they do not appear to. As a weird side effect of the embracing process that has yet to be determined, the appearance of Tremere stay at what they were at the time of embracing. This makes them appear unaging and immortal, but this is aesthetic only.

Clan/Organization Jutsu:

- Blood Rage
- Diablerie
- Blood Manipulation
- Form of the Beast
- Mythic Form: Bat
- Immortality Seal
- Blood Explosion
- Vitae Absorption

Background: NOTE: All references to the Tremere as vampires is simply their own view. They think they are vampires, though they are not truly.

Dying Magick

The history of the Tremere dates back nearly one thousand years to a time when people were just learning to understand the flow of chakra, and those who could tap it were called magus, not ninja. One group was lead by a man who called himself Tremere. This small group of nine warlocks were paranoid and diluted as they saw the end of magick, which had no end in sight. The group thus stopped studying magick, and turned towards true immortality. In a short amount of time, Tremere thought he had found the secrets of vampirism, and a longer life. In truth, what he had found were groups of people with bloodlines that gave those people abilities that made them seem like the vampires of lore. Fueled by his delusion that he could use these people to achieve immortality, he and the other members of the group became friends with those who held bloodlines and learned how they worked.

After just over sixty years one of Tremere's best assistants Goratrix managed to develop a potion that should have granted immortality. This potion was a mixture of blood and other chemical supplements commonly used by magus of the time. After "embracing" two of his own apprentices in a very painful procedure using primitive catheters and blunt cutting instruments, Goratrix gave the potion to Tremere. After the procedure to 'embrace' all the remaining magus leaders was complete, Tremere and the others became kindred. Tremere ordered the other eight he was with to spread out and carefully convert the rest of their order of sorcerers.

It is unclear what happened to each individual sorcerer, but no pointy-hat wearing wizards still exist today. However, due to Tremere's insight, the order still exists, though the cost was high.

Early Warfare

The Tremere were still new, and knew next to nothing about how to use their recently acquired abilities. Without this knowledge, the Tremere would face a difficult battle in the years ahead. The world saw these new kindred as blasphemers and usurpers who sold their souls to the Devil. A simple misstep could prove disastrous to a Tremere who did not hide himself effectively enough, especially since they had very limited mastery of their powers. The situation quickly spiraled out of control as the clans they had experimented upon prior to their unlife rallied together to destroy the fledgling Tremere clan. In addition, those clans had rallied the support of many powerful allies, including other groups of magicians, to hunt down the Tremere.

In order to combat this great threat, the founder and his council began to research new ways of utilizing magick. From this they developed Thaumaturgy, a means to use the power in their blood to give additional potency to chakra. Knowledge of this new magick spread throughout the clan like wildfire and it very quickly began to replace the mystic arts as the Lure of Flames was potent indeed. Many say that the founders created even more powerful magicks, but refused to spread this knowledge to the rest of the clan out of fear that it would be abused. This has more truth to it than many rumors as the founders did indeed create a much more potent path of Thaumaturgy known as Levinbolt. However, their fear was not that it would be abused, but that younger members could use it against them and destroy the clan. So great was the threat that all resources that showed how to use Levinbolt were burned completely.

With this new magick, Tremere chantries did take a lot of damage, but it was a lot less that it could have been. In the end, the Tremere were able to drive off their enemies and establish themselves as a significant power in the world. Over the decades, the Tremere spread quickly across Seichi. The converts took to Thaumaturgy with ease, giving them an edge over the other groups of magus. It's true that the Tremere didn't spread as quickly as they could have, but they didn't need to. The clan has its own interests, and its own goals.

A New Order

With the attacks lessening on their chantries, the Tremere just wanted to be accepted, not hunted. However, most did not want to follow this, especially the nobles of the day. This was mainly due to the obvious fact that they were self-created vampires. They were an abomination in the eyes of the people. Tremere realized that all great lineages start with a powerful head in good standing. Tremere knew he had to do something to gain that kind of standing.

The times were dark, so finding some heroic act to complete would not be a difficult task. Tremere and his council members went to work finding as much as they could about every group of brigands that were infesting the area. When enough information had been gathered, the council devised plans to eradicate all the nearby groups as efficiently and as quickly as possible. Though this seemed no small task, for the growing clan who just developed a new kind of fire magick, it was a simple task. Within only weeks, the news of the Tremere clan's feats had spread.

Not everyone was swayed by the deeds of the clan, but the people who mattered were. the clan was no longer a great evil in most people's eyes, but rather as a new kind of magus. The clan was now free to isolate itself from the humans attacks, but still walk among them with a greatly lessened fear. As people began to pay less and less attention to the activities of the Tremere, the clan found it much easier to carry out their own goals. By infiltrating the educational facilities, Tremere were able to pick and choose the most educated recruits to embrace and bring into the clan.

The New World

As the centuries passed, the Tremere slowly spread out across the continent. New chantries began to pop up all across the land until the area they covered came close to the origin of shinobi, the village of Horizon. As normal, the Lord that would control Horizon went to scout the area to determine the best way to go about setting up a chantry. The Lord very quickly learned of the shinobi that defended the village and reported it up to the Council. Even Tremere was intrigued by the power and potential the shinobi. In addition to sending a Lord and Regent to establish a new chantry, Tremere and the Council decided to send Goratrix as well. Goratrix was one of the oldest members of the clan and was the one who actually created that fateful potion in the first place. This would provide additional insurance against making unnecessary enemies. Though the Tremere had become adept at integrating with a society and being accepted, no chances were going to be taken with such a powerful force. Twenty years passed and the village was now housing a handful of Tremere. The group was easily accepted into society as they kept their true nature hidden. A few clan members even became a part of the shinobi defenders who kept the village safe against all kinds of dangers.

One night, a powerful wolf demon came to attack the village. Many lost their lives in the following battle, but the efforts of the shinobi combined with a small bit of help from the clan, the battle was won. The wolf eventually submitted and even began to help defend the village along side the shinobi. However, greedy eyes were everywhere and the people turned on the wolf who had begun to help them. Having been caught unaware, the demon was easily captured, but this was possibly the worst move anyone could have made. The demon used his power to warp the minds of the people of the village, causing them to start a civil war and destroy themselves. In the first night, the village was in flames, causing monsters from all over to seize the opportunity and level the entire village. Even Goratrix was killed in the slaughter. In the end, only one small child remained. This is the one who would become known as Koji, the one who would rebuild the land and create a new era of peace.

With the destruction of the village of Horizon, the Tremere effectively had members all over the land that was now called Seichi. The loss of one of the eight Council members was a great loss to the clan, and great care would need to be used when dealing with the shinobi and their foes. Over time, the shinobi were reborn and spread to different areas of Seichi, creating different villages. When these villages were being created, the clan decided to create a new rank, the Pontifex. The most trusted Lords were promoted to this rank quickly, as they would be closely dealing with the new shinobi. As the villages went up, each Pontifex created a single chantry, one in each village. The hidden shinobi villages would now be home to those directly under the orders of the council so they could keep a close watch on them. This proved difficult to do, as shinobi are taught to be very secretive and stealthy. To counter this, a few Tremere now join the shinobi ranks, though few are embraced young enough to enter the academy.

Though the clan is within the shinobi ranks to learn and keep track of their movements, the information only flows one way. No Tremere is allowed to use the network of information to alert villages of the plans of other villages. This is considered traitorous to allies of the clan, and traitors are dealt with swiftly amongst the Tremere.

--------------------
user posted image

QUOTE (Kennyrules)
It's a bit refreshing to see this, honestly. I see a bunch of "well, if the user is able to handle it, why not" answers here. I love it. Common sense should reign supreme, not hard and fast rules that need to be enforced. Thank you staff. We of the userbase love you <3
PMEmail Poster
^
BurningBright
 Posted: Aug 25 2017, 09:41 PM
Quote Post
Administrator

Ryu: 800

You put the blood to chakra thing as a special ability, but that's the bloodline. It doesn't need to be listed as a special ability if another application covers the ability. Special abilities are moreso little extras.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
Hitoshura
 Posted: Aug 25 2017, 10:24 PM
Quote Post

The special ability here only covers Tremere clan jutsu, where the bloodline allows it to expand to any jutsu.

--------------------
user posted image

QUOTE (Kennyrules)
It's a bit refreshing to see this, honestly. I see a bunch of "well, if the user is able to handle it, why not" answers here. I love it. Common sense should reign supreme, not hard and fast rules that need to be enforced. Thank you staff. We of the userbase love you <3
PMEmail Poster
^
BurningBright
 Posted: Aug 25 2017, 10:52 PM
Quote Post
Administrator

Ah. I assume the rate of blood to chakra cost reduction is the same as the bloodline? If so, can you indicate such? And if not, what is this ability's rate?

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
Hitoshura
 Posted: Aug 26 2017, 02:43 PM
Quote Post

I think maybe I didn't explain it well enough, and that's lead to some confusion. I've changed the wording of the ability to reflect this.

More specifically, the ability to use blood as chakra is built into the jutsu itself, not something static across the board. It's part of the jutsu creation process, and will likely be different for each one.

--------------------
user posted image

QUOTE (Kennyrules)
PMEmail Poster
^
BurningBright
 Posted: Aug 26 2017, 04:35 PM
Quote Post
Administrator

Oh, ok. Approved then.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Closed TopicStart new topic

Skin made by Kman of Kskins