Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

> Forum Code Bug
IzzetDragon
 Posted: Dec 20 2017, 01:28 PM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Member Inventory: View
Ryu: 0

I don't know if it has been noticed but every time I make chances, primarily in WIP, the code for spoilers keeps bugging out. It's being changed in its actual code and once I've reimplement the spoiler code its fixed, changed visually, but then it changes again. I know my activity has been sketchy lately so if this has been announced I'm sorry for missing it

--------------------
PM
^
Hitoshura
 Posted: Dec 20 2017, 02:29 PM
Quote Post

It's been talked about in the Discord server a lot, but I don't think anything was actually stated here.

--------------------
user posted image

QUOTE (Kennyrules)
It's a bit refreshing to see this, honestly. I see a bunch of "well, if the user is able to handle it, why not" answers here. I love it. Common sense should reign supreme, not hard and fast rules that need to be enforced. Thank you staff. We of the userbase love you <3
PMEmail Poster
^
ZacDesu
 Posted: Dec 20 2017, 06:30 PM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Ryu: 100

It should finally be ready now.

It's basically the

CODE
[SPOILER=X] Blahblahblah [/SPOILER]

now. Simplified and easy. You can edit the color of your text manually.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
^
IzzetDragon
 Posted: Dec 21 2017, 09:08 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

QUOTE (Hitoshura @ Dec 20 2017, 04:29 PM)
It's been talked about in the Discord server a lot, but I don't think anything was actually stated here.

I wasn't sure if it was announced or something that's all, thank you. I just hope it stabilizes

QUOTE (ZacDesu @ Dec 20 2017, 08:30 PM)
It should finally be ready now.

It's basically the

CODE
[SPOILER=X] Blahblahblah [/SPOILER]

now. Simplified and easy. You can edit the color of your text manually.

Well it's gone through 4 alterations, 3 of them I used X but even they got the code change to div and simply changed their appearance and/or format. Guess just gotta wait and see, I'm done trying to keep up, erasing the div code to replace with X only for it to change back in another few days or less, it's not what I look forward to spending my few moments a day on http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/dry.gif http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/sad.gif http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif

--------------------
PM
^
BurningBright
 Posted: Dec 21 2017, 10:06 AM
Quote Post
Administrator

Ryu: 750

The code should be stable now, sorry for the inconvenience. I didn't want to make an update post about it til I was sure it worked as I wanted. Changing the code invalidates every spoiler that used the old code, and I had to change it a few times to get it working right. There should be no more changes to the code from this point on.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
IzzetDragon
 Posted: Dec 22 2017, 07:37 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Thanks. All that matters is everything is aokay, sorry for posting

Well you were right Zac back to spoiler=X http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Thank you again Hito

--------------------
PM
^
BurningBright
 Posted: Dec 27 2017, 03:35 AM
Quote Post
Administrator

So, I know I said there wouldn't be any further changes to that code, but an issue came up that forced me to be a liar. Apparently, the code I was using, on certain layouts, made the entirety of the contents within the spoiler black, so was unusable on darker layouts. So, I had to change the code again.

Meaning spoilers will break again the next time they're edited. Sorry.

This really should be the very last time though.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
BurningBright
 Posted: Dec 29 2017, 01:53 PM
Quote Post
Administrator

Aaaaaaaand I lied. Another issue with the spoiler tag was found. The spoiler we have right now works, but, just in case, no one change any of their spoilers right now. We're fine-tuning it til we find something that fits every criteria I have in mind.

If nothing else is done to fix it in the next day or so, the spoiler we have now will become the standard. But, just in case, no one touch their spoilers til I say the code is finalized.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
BurningBright
 Posted: Dec 29 2017, 02:20 PM
Quote Post
Administrator

Ok. It's done. The code is finished. It does not alter any other text in a page, its legible in every layout, it doesn't have an unnattractive title bar on it, it is FINISHED.

Update your spoilers.

Side note. doHTML has been fully enabled on the forum. If you are capable of messing with html and for some reason or another do not like the spoilers we have, by all means, make your own spoiler codes. But the forum spoiler code has been finalized. For the last time.

I mean it this time.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

Skin made by Kman of Kskins