Posted: Oct 19 2017, 01:37 PM
Quote Post

Member Inventory: View
Ryu: 0

Name: Marionette's Counterfeit Wiring

Jutsu Type: Ninjutsu

Range: Touch

Requirements: Chakra Threads

Description: With this technique, while a jutsu which requires chakra threads is in use, the user may choose to alter the tangibility of one or more strings. These strings may be made entirely intangible, standard, or can be made to share the traits of a type of wire the user has in their possession. However, it is still Kugutsu or a related technique controlling the solid strings, thus, the normal traits of that technique apply.

Limitations: Must have the kind of wire the strings are being altered to on hand.

Creator: Kai Kudo

Cost: 20

--------------------
user posted image

QUOTE (Kennyrules)
It's a bit refreshing to see this, honestly. I see a bunch of "well, if the user is able to handle it, why not" answers here. I love it. Common sense should reign supreme, not hard and fast rules that need to be enforced. Thank you staff. We of the userbase love you <3
PMEmail Poster
^
BurningBright
 Posted: Oct 20 2017, 03:08 AM
Quote Post
Administrator

Ryu: 800

The limitation doesn't seem to match up to the description of the jutsu. In the description, you're altering the chakra threads themselves to be more like wire, while the limitation implies you're replacing them with literal wire.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
Hitoshura
 Posted: Oct 20 2017, 06:28 AM
Quote Post

Words are hard, sometimes. That's my excuse.

So, couple things. First, I did a couple changes to make the jutsu more reliant on Chakra Threads than actual Kugutsu. Second, for balance purposes, would it be ok to just say that they have to have the kind of wire on hand, or would you prefer they have enough on hand equal to the length of thread being replaced?

--------------------
user posted image

QUOTE (Kennyrules)
It's a bit refreshing to see this, honestly. I see a bunch of "well, if the user is able to handle it, why not" answers here. I love it. Common sense should reign supreme, not hard and fast rules that need to be enforced. Thank you staff. We of the userbase love you <3
PMEmail Poster
^
BurningBright
 Posted: Oct 20 2017, 07:06 AM
Quote Post
Administrator

As it is now is fine, if that's how you want it. Though, I feel I should point out because I'm not sure if it's clear right now, chakra threads are already tangible. That's how they can be cut in-series. A jutsu controlling their tangibility is fine, it's just that it would be logically going the other way, tangible to intangible, rather than the way you seem to be trying to go right now.
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
  user posted image

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
Hitoshura
 Posted: Oct 20 2017, 07:14 AM
Quote Post

The threads, being composed of chakra, cannot be cut by ordinary weapons, but chakra will destroy them relatively easily.

Chakra is an energy source essential to most techniques in the World of Ninja, and necessary for life, found in every life form on the planet.

I've always thought of chakra being an intangible thing, since it is pretty much just energy. Anyway, you know what I'm trying to get at, so what would be appropriate wording?

--------------------
user posted image

QUOTE (Kennyrules)
PMEmail Poster
^
BurningBright
 Posted: Oct 20 2017, 07:36 AM
Quote Post
Administrator

They never explicitly say it, but my headcanon is that the act of forcing chakra into a shape gives it solid form. Hence why Rasengan works the way it does, despite being just pure chakra.

As for the wording...uh...try this

With this technique, while a jutsu which requires chakra puppet strings is in use, the user may choose to alter the tangibility of one or more strings. These strings may be made entirely intangible, standard, or can be made to share the traits of a type of wire the user has in their possession. However, it is still Kugutsu or a related technique controlling the solid strings, thus, the normal traits of that technique apply.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
Hitoshura
 Posted: Oct 20 2017, 07:51 AM
Quote Post

I didn't really mean 'write my description for me,' but thanks. I'll just use that, then.

--------------------
user posted image

QUOTE (Kennyrules)
PMEmail Poster
^
BurningBright
 Posted: Oct 20 2017, 08:05 AM
Quote Post
Administrator

Oh. Oops. Approved though.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Closed TopicStart new topic

Skin made by Kman of Kskins