• D

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Regional Summons
Chocobocharm
 Posted: May 23 2018, 09:02 PM
Quote Post

Member Inventory: View
Ryu: 0

In naruto they had 3 famous sage regions; Mount Myoboku, Shikkotsu Forest, Ryuchi Cave. I can't imagine that every animal that we can think of has a sage region, there just isn't enough space really as those areas seemed quite large. So my question is what are the sage regions of Seichi?

I know we can be sages based off any animal but I think it would be cool to maybe establish which three are the most famous and have their own regions like the above mentioned places.

I also think it would be cool to maybe have summons pacts that are common between the villages. Sort of like adding lore to the site.
PMEmail Poster
^
BurningBright
 Posted: May 23 2018, 11:43 PM
Quote Post
Administrator

Ryu: 750

Honestly, those regions weren't that big. One was a mountain, one was a cave, and one was a forest. My birds have a small island out there somewhere, and Alba's tengu have a mountain. There is plenty of land for summonings to have their little hideaways.

But to answer your question, I wouldn't want to create any sort of pressure towards a particular summon animal in-game, so I'm not sure we should HAVE a big three, if you get my meaning.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
Chocobocharm
 Posted: May 24 2018, 07:12 AM
Quote Post

Fair enough. I guess it just seemed like they were bigger the way the anime portrayed them.

I'm torn as to what I want. I know I want to pull from Japanese lore, most likely Yokai.

Birds: Because they fly and offer a unique tactical advantage.

Canine: Because there are plenty of Japanese lore for them and some of them are pretty cool.

Horse: Because having a Kirin would be epic! IF one is allowed. I know they on the mythical side of things. The Horse/Deer one is the one I'm leaning towards the most. But that's mainly because the Summon Mount spell is one of my favorite utility D&D spells.

Btw...the site I used for links is pretty good. They have a entire section on just animal based Yokai (baboon badger bat bird cat cephalopod chicken clam cow crab crocodile crustacean deer dog eel fish fox frog gecko horse insect lion lobster monkey octopus otter ox rat shark shrimp snake sparrow spider squirrel tanuki tapir tiger toad turtle weasel whale wolf)
PMEmail Poster
^
BurningBright
 Posted: May 24 2018, 11:05 AM
Quote Post
Administrator

If you stick to Japanese/Eastern mythology, it shouldn't be a huge problem, whatever you pick. Alba, for instance, has tengu, and he's never been given issues with their tengu-ness.

Even straying from that is fine, but is more likely to raise my eyebrows.

Personally, I would suggest going with horses. I summon birds already, and I believe N is going to be joining that pact as well. Plus Alba's tengu, we're pretty well stocked on flying feathered summonings. Dogs also are done to death. I can only recall one person in my eleven years who had a horse theme, and she hasn't been REALLY active on a forum since TNF.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
Chocobocharm
 Posted: May 24 2018, 01:21 PM
Quote Post

Horses it is then!

EDIT:

Two questions.

1) Can it be horse/deer since they so similar?

2) In the summoning rules it says that summons are able to cast most jutsu, those B-rank or lower, without handseals. In the pact template it references listing handseal alternatives. Are both the case? Any tips on what would be acceptable as a handseal alternative for a hoofed quadruped?
PMEmail Poster
^
BurningBright
 Posted: May 24 2018, 10:48 PM
Quote Post
Administrator

Sure.

Only B-rank jutsu and lower can be sealless. There needs to be something for A and S-ranks, if the summoning has them.

It varies species to species. For my birds, its wingbeats.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Skin made by Kman of Kskins