Quote Post
The Ghost in the Machine

Member Inventory: View
Ryu: 100

Name: Tenkyuuzu Sharingan [Horoscope Copy Wheel Eye]

Clan: Uchiha

User: Uchiha, Ninigi

Description:
The user's sharingan have fully matured, and now realize a monumental step beyond the average sharingan; achieving actual clairvoyance and foresight. The user is granted a heavenly ability, unearthed from a mystery hidden in their ability to swirl their sharingan tomoe. Upon swirling the tomoe, the user's field of vision experiences a space/time warp that shows him a time progression or regression of what is currently in his sight.
Consequently the ability to spin the sharingan at will now costs chakra, and spinning the sharigan clockwise or anti-clockwise will result in a "fast forward" or "rewinding" of time.

In effect, this causes the previous post written by the opponent to have actually been a vision received by the eye. The opponent may then redo the previous post, and are free to alter any actions they had taken, or none at all.

Indication of use: The 3 tomoe spinning rapidly around the pupil to form a constant motion blur with 4 afterimages per tomoe [total of 12]. If user has Mangekyo, there is no indication of use, the new complex wheel simply turns.

Activation: Eye contact with an Akuma.

Requirements: Fully Matured Sharingan, 2 Mod Approvals

Strengths:
-Can see one post round into the future or any previous action or event that happened in a post from the thread in full detail.
-The element of surprise is essentially lost on the user during use. The user may gain insight on possible scenarios even if they do not happen, allowing them to assess risk better and even gain knowledge of jutsu this way.

Weakness:
-Can no longer "fancifully" twirl sharingan without seeing the future or past.

Limitations:
-There must at least a single post delay between "twirling" the sharingan forward and seeing into the future [Meaning the user cannot see two subsequent posts into the future]
-The future is very delicate and uncertain, there are no guarantees.

Costs: +10 chakra to activation of sharingan, 5 upkeep extra to upkeep.

Transplant Costs: 1AA

Advanced Ability Points: 1AA

This post has been edited by N tha Darth: Jun 14 2018, 04:10 PM
PM
^
BurningBright
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 05:59 AM
Quote Post
Administrator

Ryu: 3300

Just want to point out the following, particularly the bolded bit:

Time Travel - Travelling through time, either to the past or to the future, is a HIGHLY restricted concept. While it is possible, such techniques are always S-rank. Additionally, viewing or travelling to the future may only show one possible future of an infinite number of possible futures, and is thus near useless. Travelling to the past may only be done in short bursts (a few minutes at most). These techniques always require at least TWO moderator approvals.

So, understand that "seeing the future" in no way makes anyone else play along with the future you saw, nor does it let you play as if you knew everything that was going to happen without fail. Things that are not caused by any one person, like a hurricane, for example, would probably play out the same no matter what-but the actions someone takes can always differ and may significantly change the future you saw.

I know you point out that the user's actions can change things, but it's a bit more chaotic than that-NO ONE'S actions are bound, regardless of what the user would or would not be doing.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
N tha Darth
 Posted: May 13 2018, 08:26 AM
Quote Post
The Ghost in the Machine

I actually understand all the points you've made.

When I said "the user's actions", I meant more deterministic changes in posts with other RPers. For instance, if I decided to jump instead of take a hit, the other RPer is likely to change their follow up or reaction.

Other than that, yes I know the future changes, which is why I'm specifically trying to use it to see such a short distance in time as say 1 post. I'm not trying to have him sit and meditate and say " I see a far away world called Konoha invading on my birthday or a Jinchuuriki is released from our host". And I feel you are concerned about this latter example and my possible assumption that the vision of the future would be binding.
PM
^
BurningBright
 Posted: May 17 2018, 12:12 PM
Quote Post
Administrator

Well yes, the user's actions would likely change what someone was going to do, but what I mean is, you can't see exactly what someone is going to do, even independently of their actions, because time isn't set in stone here. Any time someone would have to make a choice, you'd have no way of knowing which choice they end up making until they make it.

For example, say you throw a shuriken at a target, then you turn this on.

You might see them dodge to their left. But when you snap back to reality, they could just as easily dodge to their right, or deflect the shuriken, or jump, or intentionally take the hit, or take an infinite amount of slightly different actions in reaction to that shuriken. It's not just your actions that might change what you'd see. According to the restrictions we have in place for viewing the future, you would only see one possible outcome of an infinite amount of potential outcomes, and ANY actions taken by ANYONE could differ slightly or drastically compared to what you saw for no discernible reason at all.

Not to say that this is useless; it would still show you environmental things without fail. If that wall is about to fall over, being able to see where it lands is helpful. But if you try to use this on people, it really would be almost worthless, unless you can psyche the other reader out into playing into your prediction. Could also help observe the effects of actions already in motion; someone starts using handseals, you look ahead to see what jutsu it is, then you snap back and react accordingly.

Sorry I'm being so particular about this, but time shenanigans have potential to go really wrong really fast.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
N tha Darth
 Posted: May 17 2018, 02:03 PM
Quote Post
The Ghost in the Machine

Oh I'm happy to go down to the nitty gritty because yup, like you said, this can go really wrong really fast. I have highlighted the lines that need adressing.

QUOTE (BurningBright @ May 17 2018, 12:12 PM)

For example, say you throw a shuriken at a target, then you turn this on.

You might see them dodge to their left. But when you snap back to reality, they could just as easily dodge to their right, or deflect the shuriken, or jump, or intentionally take the hit, or take an infinite amount of slightly different actions in reaction to that shuriken. It's not just your actions that might change what you'd see. According to the restrictions we have in place for viewing the future, you would only see one possible outcome of an infinite amount of potential outcomes, and ANY actions taken by ANYONE could differ slightly or drastically compared to what you saw for no discernible reason at all.

Sorry I'm being so particular about this, but time shenanigans have potential to go really wrong really fast.

Okay, I see there's a misunderstanding. I know that there's an infinite number of things that happen. But my RPC will ONLY see the possibility which the RPer types in their next post.

So.

Post 1: i throw a shuriken at a target, then i turn this on
Post 2: X decides to dock under shuriken and flip through hand seals
Post 3: I see the above but as an IC premonition, and decide to summon a blade from the ground underneath the shuriken to catch the docking opponent.
Post 4: *THE FUTURE KEEPS CHANGING* Foe decides to actually dodge to the side and pull out a sword [Otherwise it would just be hax]
Post 5: I see him actually dodging to the side and pulling out a sword.
Post 6: *It could potentially go on and on*

----

I think I might need a one post delay of use so that it doesn't get silly.
PM
^
BurningBright
 Posted: May 18 2018, 01:34 AM
Quote Post
Administrator

So, let me see if I've got this right.

This turns the last post someone wrote into one of your visions, not the actual actions they took? Then they get a redo?

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
N tha Darth
 Posted: May 18 2018, 02:37 AM
Quote Post
The Ghost in the Machine

Yup. I didn't think it could be said so concisely.
PM
^
BurningBright
 Posted: May 19 2018, 02:12 AM
Quote Post
Administrator

Can you add in the in-game effect to the application so readers know what to expect when this is used?

Something like "In effect, this causes the previous post written by the opponent to have actually been a vision received by the eye. The opponent may then redo the previous post, and are free to alter any actions they had taken, or none at all."

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
N tha Darth
 Posted: May 19 2018, 02:12 PM
Quote Post
The Ghost in the Machine

I put that in. So do you think putting a one post buffer is needed?

Also, that's just the time progression path. Am I doing too much or can I still get something reasonable in the seeing the past?
PM
^
BurningBright
 Posted: May 21 2018, 07:38 AM
Quote Post
Administrator

You can probably look into the past as well.

Yes, a cooldown is probably necessary.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
N tha Darth
 Posted: Jun 13 2018, 12:46 PM
Quote Post
The Ghost in the Machine

So I dropped the costs and tried to start "small". I think i'd potentially do a stage 2 in future which doesn't seem to be impossible for Kekkei Hen'i.

I also at least put some "past" seeing, it's a single post as well but without the buffer which was needed for seeing into the future for it to be manageable.
PM
^
BurningBright
 Posted: Jun 14 2018, 10:13 AM
Quote Post
Administrator

The ability is fine now, but under cost, you don't have any AA cost listed.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
N tha Darth
 Posted: Jun 14 2018, 04:13 PM
Quote Post
The Ghost in the Machine

Put in a sloppy segment for that.
PM
^
BurningBright
 Posted: Jun 16 2018, 09:17 AM
Quote Post
Administrator

Approved.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Closed TopicStart new topic

Skin made by Kman of Kskins