> [Fighting Style] Many As One [Itami]
IzzetDragon
 Posted: Nov 22 2017, 10:28 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Member Inventory: View
Ryu: 0

Many As One
Description: Fighting in sync is an important thing when it comes to teamwork, more so for those who fight as a single unit. When launching attacks against the target(s) and doing so alongside others, all members of the party gain a refined style of fighting that's difficult to keep up with; even those with excellent fighting skills and tracking ability. Trying to launch an attack while keeping track of a unit that attacks together, covering each other before, during, and after their attacks, is exceedingly difficult and gradually more effective the more of you there are. In this style they fight as one, are easily right where they need to be at the right moment, and quickly overwhelm lesser number of targets, like they know each other's thoughts. Obviously this is a very aggressive style of fighting that deploys a heavy amount of supplementary attacks, blocks and interference to keep enemies off balance and unable to respond. However, to be a true team requires real understanding of one another, can't be a real team if you don't know your team inside and out; spending years training and fighting together. Only one person needs this trait.

Benefit: Fighting in the above described fashion, the user and their teammates can fight in perfect sync to keep a smaller number of enemies off balance and unable to respond through volleys of well timed actions; primarily interceptions and interruptions. The user also gains +10 to perception, agility and speed. Also, if the user and their allies outnumber their opposition, allies who fall into the above category can +5 to the same attributes; this bonus only goes to those who don't possess this trait themselves.

Cost: 7

--------------------
PM
^
BurningBright
 Posted: Nov 24 2017, 01:39 PM
Quote Post
Administrator

Ryu: 750

While a buff applied to team members is possible, these numbers are far too high to be applied to multiple individuals without a chakra cost. I was about to write that everyone would need the fighting style to make it work, but at that point, it would just be functioning as any other fighting style and wouldn't need the specified boost of enhancing your allies.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
IzzetDragon
 Posted: Nov 25 2017, 05:17 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

What if teammates get half what the owner of the trait has unless they themselves have the trait too, would that help any...if not I can decrease the number

--------------------
PM
^
BurningBright
 Posted: Nov 25 2017, 11:07 AM
Quote Post
Administrator

The biggest issue with these kinds of traits (other than the simple fact that you're getting a large buff for no chakra) is that if multiple people have the trait in question, it gets ridiculous quick.

Say you make the numbers 5 to 3 stats without the trait, just as long as you're working together. Now, say Itami, Fang, and Panzer all take the trait. Now any teammate you work with gets 45 attribute points for free (15 each from Itami, Fang, and Panzer), no trait required on their part. Itami, Fang, and Panzer, however, get 10 points to 3 stats...3 times, one from their own usage, and 2 from the other users around them. That's 90 attribute points in total for each user (which exceeds the benefit an S-rank jutsu could provide, and does it without chakra), plus 45 for everyone working with them, for just 4 NP from each of your dudes, assuming you don't also pick up a summoning or another pet with these traits. Every summoning or extra pet you pick up with this trait adds 30 points to every other person with this trait and 15 to every one without.

See the ridiculousness?

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
IzzetDragon
 Posted: Nov 26 2017, 01:13 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Well I meant only the primary get the bonus while others having it would get half, but yeah that's a problem. So should I lower the boost, up the cost, still add the half clause, what would help best?

--------------------
PM
^
BurningBright
 Posted: Nov 28 2017, 03:23 AM
Quote Post
Administrator

If it's going to still give bonuses to other people, that part needs to be small to prevent abuse. I'm talking like 1 or 2 points to 3 stats small.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
IzzetDragon
 Posted: Nov 28 2017, 12:28 PM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Sorry was making adjustments, didn't see your post, yeah I still would like to add to allies otherwise why talk up teamwork http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

--------------------
PM
^
BurningBright
 Posted: Nov 30 2017, 05:53 AM
Quote Post
Administrator

I'm still seeing the old numbers.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
IzzetDragon
 Posted: Nov 30 2017, 07:46 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Really, I thought I removed the stacking numbers and lessened what others got...let me try once more I may be able to make it clearer, maybe it was missing that end clause so multiple ownership doesn't stack...that better

I know I removed the extra 10 for outnumbering, it's just 10 instead of a possible 20

--------------------
PM
^
BurningBright
 Posted: Nov 30 2017, 08:22 AM
Quote Post
Administrator

Also, if the user and their allies outnumber their opposition, allies who fall into the above category can +5 to the same attributes; this bonus only goes to those who don't possess this trait themselves.

If it's going to still give bonuses to other people, that part needs to be small to prevent abuse. I'm talking like 1 or 2 points to 3 stats small.

The numbers are still too abusable. Again, say Itami and his pets each have the bonus. Yes, it no longer stacks on them, they only get the +10. But anyone fighting alongside you guys benefits from all three. They get 5 points to 3 stats from 3 different sources at once. And again, that's assuming that Panzer and Fang are the only animals Itami will ever have with him.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
IzzetDragon
 Posted: Nov 30 2017, 08:34 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

I have an urge to create a cute little dragon, but no, resisting, two pets is enough. But its the point I'm making that he relies on pets. Alright, I see, let me take more time on this idea, you can delete this for the time being...apologies for not understanding

--------------------
PM
^
Nephilim
 Posted: Nov 30 2017, 09:19 AM
Quote Post

Ryu: 6600

Moved just in case you wish to return to this.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
IzzetDragon
 Posted: Nov 30 2017, 09:21 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Thank you that was probably the better idea...just need time to figure out their center

--------------------
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topic

Skin made by Kman of Kskins