• D

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Pet
Chocobocharm
 Posted: Jun 1 2018, 09:17 AM
Quote Post

Member Inventory: View
Ryu: 0

I didn't see anything in the rules so asking here.

How does the site account for animal senses and natural armors, weapons, etc?

For example does an eagle animal companion naturally have great vision, or does a wolf have great motion based vision and hearing? Is a tortoise's shell super durable?

I suppose this doesn't just fall to pets, what if the summon is an animal as well?
PMEmail Poster
^
ZacDesu
 Posted: Jun 1 2018, 08:32 PM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Ryu: 100

With pets, they get their own NP to use, I do not think that they get any bonuses for being a particular species. It's the points you put them in that determines their usefulness, just the same as Summons.

Summons and Pets get ranked similarly by the NP points they have, if everything was 0, the durability of a Tortoise and the durability of a human would be the same, assuming everything was 0.

Hope that answers your question.

If they can fly, they can fly. If they have opposable thumbs, they can use that as well. Otherwise, everything else is the same.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
^
BurningBright
 Posted: Jun 3 2018, 09:49 AM
Quote Post
Administrator

Ryu: 750

Not quite, actually, though I can't find the rules for it either. Sigh.

Yes, animals have their animal senses. A dog can smell things well, a bird can hear well, etc. I could have sworn that was written down somewhere, but I can't seem to find it either. Apparently, I need to do some work in the pets/summonings guide.

I did find something for it, but it's in the summoning pact template. It should apply to pets too though. I will add things in to the pet guide.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
Chocobocharm
 Posted: Jun 3 2018, 07:44 PM
Quote Post

Ryu: 0

Oh cools o they have their normal senses.

How would one go about making a pet tanky then if it's normally tanky? Like a turtle shell or rhino hide?
PMEmail Poster
^
BurningBright
 Posted: Jun 5 2018, 02:21 AM
Quote Post
Administrator

Ryu: 750

A turtle has its shell, and a rhino has its hide, but most ninja would be sttong enough to pierce either. If you want it to be tanky, boost Endurance.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Skin made by Kman of Kskins