Vivian Hyuuga
 Posted: Nov 4 2017, 05:24 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Member Inventory: View
Ryu: 200

CODE
Vivian

Come to the Kage's office. Be here immediately and alone, this is for your ears only.

Kazue

Perplexed by the odd wording of the note which was brought to her door she looked up to question the man who had delivered it only to find he had already vanished.

Fantastic. She thought sarcastically.

Getting dressed and making herself look as presentable as she could the genin examined herself in the mirror. She was supposed to leave the village today and head to the mountain again. Her mountain it felt like, even though she knew that wasn't true. That wasn't her home, this room here was the closest thing to a home since...

Shaking her head she grabbed her full gear and equipped herself. If that was another mission she wasn't going to waste any time running back and forth to get ready. Jumping up to the rooftops she raced to the Kage's office as if running against a personal record. Of course, that would have required her to have gone there before.

Pausing to catch her breath after her sprint Vivian knocked on the door and waited to be called. Now that she was actually here she felt a tinge of nervousness. What was this all about?

--------------------
Vivian Hyuuga
user posted image
PM
^
BurningBright
 Posted: Nov 4 2017, 05:45 AM
Quote Post
Administrator

Ryu: 0

A few moments after she knocked, the door swung open. Kazue and Chouten, the current Asakage, were the only occupants of the room. Chouten looked uncharacteristically stern compared to his usual jovial self, but if Vivian were to be disturbed by anyone's facial expression, it would be Kazue's. It was softened-not the usual fierce expression of a woman waiting patiently for the next time she was allowed to kill something, not the false softness she employed when weaponizing her feminine charms-this was sincere. Kazue was upset-sad, even.

Chouten broke the silence. "Miss Vivian, please enter and close the door behind you." Chouten had a stack of papers before him, many lines of which were blacked out. Kazue held onto the desk behind her, as if she couldn't support her own weight without it. Once the door was closed, Chouten would nod to the side, and a man Vivian hadn't noticed earlier suddenly became visible and passed through the wall. The walls and doors emitted a pale purple light for a moment, and then, there was silence and stillness-even the hustle and bustle of the village, the murmurs of workers outside the Kage's office, all of it, faded away. The jutsu the Kage's bodyguard used seemed to be some sort of sound-proofing technique.

"Vivian Hyuuga. Daughter of Gunter Senju and Selena Hyuuga. You may want to sit down for this. This will not be easy to hear."

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
Vivian Hyuuga
 Posted: Nov 4 2017, 06:01 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Finding herself with the door wide open Vivian jumped back in surprise. She had been expecting at least a little bit of a wait to calm her nerves. To make matters worse she had assumed she was just meeting Kazue, not Chouten as well. Just for some reason in the Kage's office. Admitting to herself that the logic was flimsy at best it didn't do much to help with the situation at hand.

Looking between her sensei and her kage she tensed as she entered the room, noticing the extreme countenance they both wore. The kage she just assumed always looked like that, another assumption she was quite wrong about but she didn't know any better. If she had his job she felt like she would look like that too. Her sensei though, that was rather unnatural for her to see.

Closing the door softly behind her as she entered Vivian couldn't help but notice the documents but refrained from mentioning them. Whatever was on those papers was not meant for her eyes, or anyone's outside of the higher echelons of leadership or they clearly wouldn't have been blacked out. Except they were out in plain sight and the duo had been expecting her. There was a limit to how much she was willing to delude herself to evidence right in front of her.

The sudden loss of sound brought about a visible reaction from the genin as she almost seemed to wince. It wasn't painful obviously, but the deprivation of a constant companion was more acutely felt due to her heightened senses. The kage wasn't fucking around, whatever this was about really was for her ears only.

"Daughter of Gunter Senju and Selena Hyuuga."

Those words stopped her in her tracks. Shooting a questioning look at her sensei, the one familiar face in the room, she turned back to the kage and nodded slowly. There was a part of her that was seriously considering trying to come up with some excuse that she really needed to be somewhere else right now. Why did he have to go and remind her?

Hardening herself against the inundation of unwanted memories she sat down as calmly as she could muster and looked her kage in the eyes.

"What is it sir?"

--------------------
Vivian Hyuuga
user posted image
PM
^
BurningBright
 Posted: Nov 4 2017, 06:31 AM
Quote Post
Administrator

The Asakage placed his hands on the papers and murmured a quiet word of release. The black lines covering the words vanished, and he slid the papers to Vivian. "Those are yours to keep. To anyone else's eyes, they will appear as blackened lines. Only I can give access to others. Please, don't read the files now, I will give you the pertinent details."

Chouten stood up and walked to the nearest window. The rotund man cast a large silhouette against the light. After a few moments, he turned back to look at Vivian. "As Kage, it is my responsibility to know certain details about those who call my village home. When a girl with heritage of at least one rather famous clan shows up and demands training, I take interest in that. So, I began investigating you."

Chouten started pacing, as if even discussing these events were causing him stress. Though, clearly, whatever he was feeling was nothing compared to what he knew was coming. "My investigation into you came up short. Daughter to a pair of simple merchants, as innocent a life as could be had. But then I started investigating your parents. Gunter and Selena. Odd names, for this country. Somewhat odder that a Senju and a Hyuuga would pair with each other when neither were ninja. And that's when I found it."

Chouten returned to the desk. "Your parents were not merchants, Vivian. They may have been by the time you were born, but that is not how they met, nor were Gunter and Selena their names. I suspect they named you Vivian to avoid subconsciously giving you a name from their families. Your father's name was Yokorama. Your mother's name was Hikanae. They were ninja of Akarigakure, until about 16 years ago, when they requested retirement. They changed their names and moved to the country, to leave their old lives behind, no doubt to give you a life outside of the ninja world. They may have been successful as well, but I'm afraid there is more to this." Chouten stopped speaking, waiting to see Vivian's reaction. It was...a lot to suddenly thrust upon a teenage girl, that her entirely life was a carefully manufactured lie; but there it was. Shocking as it may have been, however, the worst part was yet to come.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
Vivian Hyuuga
 Posted: Nov 4 2017, 06:56 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Reaching out for the papers as the Asakage slid them towards her she stopped herself midway as he suddenly told her not to read them. So was she allowed to have them or not? Settling on merely placing them on her lap she waited for further instructions with a mounting sense of dread. Plus what did he mean when he said he had been investigating her? She was a nobody, any ties to anything had been severed when her parents failed to come home that night two years ago.

The sudden pacing certainly didn't help her stress as she found herself nervously playing with the hem of her shirt. Of course he found next to nothing. Her mom and dad had foregone the expected route just as they wanted her to. To lead a simple life they had said, away from all the-

Only that's not what they were. At least not according to Chouten. She listened quietly as her kage methodically got to work dismantling her world as she knew it. To hear him talk it was like there was this huge conspiracy around her family, but that was ridiculous. Vivian remembered how she used to think her father was as coordinated as a blind goat and would tease him about it. Or how her mother relied on her father for all the heavy lifting, claiming to be old fashioned but secretly being too weak to do it herself. These were all facts to her, memories of a life she had experienced.

Shinobi were neither of these two things, and there were countless other examples. The more she listened the more it sounded like a crackpot conspiracy theory, and she was feeling angry that her kage was trying to ruin the memories she had of her childhood. Truly the last thing she had of that time. Yet within that anger was a certain doubt. It didn't make sense for him to do this, not unless there really was something there. No matter how absurd it sounded or how much she didn't want to hear it there was no way for both her sensei and her kage of all people to both be in on this horrible joke gone wrong could there?

She was used to this feeling and she had her coping mechanisms. Avoid where avoidable, plunge in headlong where it wasn't. Holding the kage's gaze she spoke evenly her voice not betraying her emotions.

"What else, sir?"

--------------------
Vivian Hyuuga
user posted image
PM
^
BurningBright
 Posted: Nov 4 2017, 07:14 AM
Quote Post
Administrator

Chouten's countenance, became even more serious, his voice lowered as if simply stating the following facts was an assault. He was truly sorry to be relaying this to Vivian-but as soon as he had verified the information himself, he knew it would be wrong to keep it from her.

"Ninja have a dangerous job. It's more than just the ever-present danger on missions. We kill people-those people have loved ones. Those loved ones hate us for it. Sometimes, we become too powerful for our own good. Other times, we learn things certain individuals never wanted us to know.

Vivian. Your parents death was not a random act of violence from a roving Akuma. It was made to look that way, to hide a secret.
"

This time, Kazue finally spoke up. "Chouten-sama asked me to check into it, given my connection to you and my focused abilities. He thought it was odd that a pair of ninja, especially when one was a Hyuuga, would be caught off-guard by an Akuma." She raised her arms up to hug herself, as if she was going to break apart herself. "It's been years, but I felt it. I'll never forget that feeling. The Akuma that killed your parents was the same one that killed my sensei, Shishimaru. Only it couldn't have been, because Shishimaru took that Akuma down too. That was when I called in a team of chakra sensors-maybe I was mistaken. After all, it had been years since your parents were attacked, and even longer since I'd encountered that Akuma. But it wasn't a mistake. That Akuma is alive, and it killed your parents."

Chouten took over the conversation again. "Before his death, Shishimaru was working on a jutsu that could allow his consciousness to merge with another individual, passing on his knowledge and expertise to that person. He wanted to ensure that, even should he die, Akarigakure would never lose his power. Shishimaru was always a bit too confident for his own good. I believe he employed the jutsu against the Akuma that slayed him, and the two merged. Shishimaru kept the Akuma alive, and the two became one-the evil fury and sheer power of an Akuma with a human's will and versatility. One of the sensors was my former teammate, who was himself Shishimaru's sensei-he recognized traces of his pupil's chakra at the scene. I trust no other sensor higher than I trust my friend-there can be no doubt.
Shishimaru was there, despite being over a decade dead.
"

Chouten exhaled slowly, as if the weight of the revelation was being lifted from his shoulders. "Vivian. I believe your parents discovered Shishimaru. I believe he gained the ability to become something like an Akuma, or an Akuma gained the ability to become something like him. And I believe this new...thing...used that ability to silence your parents before they could reveal his existence."

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
Vivian Hyuuga
 Posted: Nov 4 2017, 07:47 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

It was rather difficult to follow along with the conversation for the genin. All this talk of sensei's sensei stretching back for generations and people becoming akuma, or akuma becoming people... it was difficult to swallow. Not to mention the fact that supposedly her own parents had gotten involved in all this mess and apparently because of this they were killed. She had spent all this time cursing the akuma and preparing herself as best she could to eradicate every last one. Now it turns out she was only sort of right.

"Why then..."

She muttered quietly, her face darkening like an oncoming storm.

"Why didn't anyone tell me two years ago when it actually happened?"

Between then and now they must have had plenty of time to figure this out. No way they were just picking up the trail when her parents bodies were- were long buried and gone. What was left of them. Her hands clenched the papers tighter turning her knuckles white. Vivian was torn between believing this tale, this fantastical story of treachery and deceit she was somehow caught up in, and walking right out. It would be awhile before she could find her voice again but when she did it sounded small and defeated.

"And how the hell am I supposed to kill someone that's already dead?"

--------------------
Vivian Hyuuga
user posted image
PM
^
BurningBright
 Posted: Nov 4 2017, 08:24 AM
Quote Post
Administrator

Chouten and Kazue both looked confused for a moment. Chouten, again, broke the silence. "Vivian, I understand why you would want to, of course...but we weren't telling you this to give you a mission. We were telling you this just so you would know. No one looked into it because your parents were very successful in hiding who they were. It looked to all the world like a true tragic Akuma attack. If I hadn't looked into who exactly you were, it likely would have never been discovered."

Kazue took over for Chouten at that point. "Even if we did want you to go after him, you can't. If Chouten and I fought Shishimaru together as he was 10 years ago, he would still crush us. You won't be able to fight Shishimaru for many years. When that time comes, however, I will be with you. I'm sure Zau and Jash would help too if you asked."

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
Vivian Hyuuga
 Posted: Nov 4 2017, 05:49 PM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

She really didn't want to hear any more of their excuses. Right now all she could think of was how this Shishamaru's days were numbered and if it was the very last thing she did she would have his head. If the two of them together didn't feel like they could fight him then she would just have to become stronger than them combined, and then some.

"Maybe."

Looking up at her sensei Vivian had passed through the earlier stage of fury and was now in that calm lagoon of rage where her voice was steady, manner measured and polite, and only her eyes betrayed the inner inferno. She wasn't going to go endangering her teammates over a personal matter. If anything she was going to fight all that much harder so they would not have to.

"Thank you... for telling me. Then I guess I've done enough slacking off for one day huh? Will that be all lord Asakage?"

She wanted out. Needed out. To say a fire had been kindled was an understatement but it was not without its cost. A part of her died as fuel for this drive, and that part was her kindness. There was no room for such frivolous sentiment if she was to overcome this new obstacle.

--------------------
Vivian Hyuuga
user posted image
PM
^
BurningBright
 Posted: Nov 5 2017, 09:37 AM
Quote Post
Administrator

Kazue and Chouten exchanged worried glances; they had seen this kind of reaction all too often, though admittedly, they were used to seeing it from a different clan. Very rarely did vengeance end well. Even so, they had communicated all they desired to. "Yes, that is all."

Once Vivian left, Kazue and Chouten would remain silent for a time. Kazue was the first to speak up. "We shouldn't have told her."

Chouten shook his head. "It is not our place to withhold this sort of information. In any case, she shouldn't be alone in this. I am assigning you an S-ranked mission of indeterminate length; it may take years for this to see any progress. I want you to investigate Shishimaru's disappearance and seek further confirmation that he is alive. If he IS alive, you are to determine his condition. If you should ever encounter him, you are not to engage him alone."

Kazue bowed and turned on her heel to leave his office. "One more thing, Kazue." Kazue paused as Chouten called after her. "If he IS alive and fused with an Akuma, he is no longer your sensei. It would also be foolish to assume he is any weaker than he used to be; he may very well be even stronger. Train your genin. Harshly. They are more likely to encounter him, thanks to Vivian and your own connections to him. They can't be ready, but you should give them the very best chance they have at survival."

Kazue didn't turn around, but nodded as she left the office. Hell was coming to Akarigakure.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topic

Skin made by Kman of Kskins