> [Fighting Style] Conqueror [Lapis]
IzzetDragon
 Posted: Jan 23 2018, 12:40 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Member Inventory: View
Ryu: 100

Conqueror
Description: Standing your ground, you draw your blade(s), your presence holds strong against all that oppose you. This style removes all meaning and purpose of speed with quickness, increasing one's agility to strike out in all directions, altering the direction of one's attack so quickly it all happens in a flash while the user hardly appears to move an inch as each strike becomes harder and harder to track even with well trained or talented eyes. The quickness that they change their direction carries their sword attack to move at that same momentum which make them just as hard to track. This can be employed with Iaidou and Dark Slayer but at the cost of the strength bonuses and altering speed to agility, however, as an improved version, this requires both regardless.
Benefit: Alters one's style of wielding a blade(s) in the aforementioned manner and boosting their agility by 40.
Cost: 7

Trait Type: Personal Fighting Style

--------------------
PM
^
Nephilim
 Posted: Jan 26 2018, 09:26 PM
Quote Post

Ryu: 6100

Increased agility? Cool with it.

The ability to shift attacks mid swing? I think that's in there and if it is, I am absolutely cool with that.

"altering the direction of one's attack so quickly it all happens in a flash while the user hardly appears to move an inch as each strike becomes harder and harder to track to the point they can appear invisible." This I'm going to say no to. Making attacks seemingly invisible because of speed vs perception I am okay with. Doing it as a jutsu, I am fine with. I'm not okay with it being apart of a trait (despite it being so hefty). If the defender can't track it, that's fine, but I'd rather it not be in the description of the trait.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
IzzetDragon
 Posted: Jan 27 2018, 12:28 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Ryu: 100

Isn't that in the description for agility, if it's too fast they're left wondering how "you did that" because they couldn't see it http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/huh.gif I'm not saying flat out the attacks are instantly invisible but let me make the appropriate change so to please your eyes http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/wink.gif

--------------------
PM
^
BurningBright
 Posted: Jan 27 2018, 03:46 AM
Quote Post
Administrator

Ryu: 0

Yes, but if it's left to agility, then its a matter of a stat interaction. Sure, someone with 80 agility won't be tracked by someone with 10 perception. Absolutely. If your fighting style creates that sort of gap, then that's how it works, your attacks can't be tracked.

If it's just written in that it eventually becomes invisible, then the numbers don't matter, it's invisible. The text makes it so that stats don't matter, it just happens. And that's no good.

That being said, as written now, it's fine. Approved.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Closed TopicStart new topic

Skin made by Kman of Kskins