> [Fighting Style] Fearless Savage [Itami]
IzzetDragon
 Posted: Jan 23 2018, 08:44 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Member Inventory: View
Ryu: 0

Fearless Savage
Description: A far more vicious style, the user let's their instincts, senses, and adrenaline guide and take hold of their fighting as they launch themselves at impressive speeds and unleash powerful strikes using their size and weight to their advantage. They can move at incredible speeds but normally in linear movement and throw their weight behind any attacks, even if they don't stop to do so. With the intense increase in adrenaline the user doesn't succumb to exhaustion as easily, producing the energy at the same time as they exert themselves, allowing the user to fight off the effects of natural exhaustion for longer than usual so long as they keep moving and attacking in this style. Unless the user can shrug off the hits they take the pain and damage will cause them to falter and stop; higher resistance reduces this drawback. It's also risky for anyone else nearby as the rush of blood and adrenaline mixed with the savage nature can make the user give into its nature and their rage, becoming an animal that desires only carnage. The longer the fight drags on like this the more they lose sight of until they're attacking anything that moves. This requires Shikyaku [Four Legs] and some form of resistance increase. In this style the user doesn't have to actually drop to all fours but given the similar style they often end up on all fours, however, they must if they wish to use both styles.
Benefit: While fighting in the aforementioned manner the user gains 20 to their speed and strength. Allows the user to fight longer than normal against exhaustion. Be aware of risks, drawbacks, and requirements mentioned above.
Cost: 7

Trait Type: Personal Fighting Style

--------------------
PM
^
Nephilim
 Posted: Jan 26 2018, 09:21 PM
Quote Post

Ryu: 100

The increased speed and strength from moving in a linear fashion because you're throwing your weight into it? Seems alright.

How does the increased healing work? This the aspect that doesn't make sense. If this were to be something that increases willpower, I could understand. But as it currently reads, it feels like a tacked on increased heal ability.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
IzzetDragon
 Posted: Jan 27 2018, 12:20 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Well it's all centered around increasing one's adrenaline which fuels action and drives the body literally into overdive but if that won't work I can take it out and just add something else in its place...probably another helpful buff, sometimes too much adrenaline can adversely affect healing but that's for normal people but ninja could be different ;P

--------------------
PM
^
BurningBright
 Posted: Jan 27 2018, 03:41 AM
Quote Post
Administrator

Ryu: 3700

I'm not sure where you're getting adrenaline working differently for ninja than for normal people. If you were to alter the way your body's chemistry functions, that would need chakra.

Adrenaline has the effect of increasing blood pressure; increased blood pressure = increased bleeding. Adrenaline also increases stress on your cells, reducing the efficacy of white blood cells, which can then increase the chance of infection. It DOES have medicinal uses, but not for wound healing. Pumping someone with an injury full of adrenaline is one of the worst things you can do.

In short, adrenaline being used as the explanation for increased healing makes no sense. It literally does the opposite.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
IzzetDragon
 Posted: Jan 27 2018, 04:22 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

I realized that, got a refresher course, and changed it when posted

--------------------
PM
^
Albacorbis
 Posted: Jan 30 2018, 12:54 PM
Quote Post

Ryu: 200

While fighting in the aforementioned manner the user gains 25 to their speed and strength. If they are larger and heavier than their target they get an additional 10 to their strength; have to be more in both. Allows the user to shrug off natural exhaustion so long as they keep moving and attacking in this style. Be aware of risks, drawbacks, and requirements mentioned above.

This is a little bit much. Keep in mind that an A rank jutsu (ie an active effect) can give 40 points of increase. This gives between 50 and 60, as well as infinite stamina. I'd suggest 20 to each of the stats and if you wanted to keep the natural exhaustion thing make it less... infinite.

Allows the user to fight off the effects of natural exhaustion for longer than usual so long as they keep moving and attacking in this style.

As to the +10 to strength if you're bigger and heavier, I'm not sure I see the point. If two people with the same strength hit each other but one is twice the size/weight of the other its just common sense they're getting the better end of the trade. Plus with the stamina thing in the mix I'm not sure there's room for even more stat buffs. Someone may come along that disagrees with me but that's my two cents.

--------------------
The Den

user posted image

Vivian Hyuuga-Senju

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
^
IzzetDragon
 Posted: Jan 31 2018, 07:42 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Added in your quote for exhaustion

As for the numbers are you sure, 40 isn't the max possible, even the B version pushed beyond close to the A range at 30 and it boosted 3 stats. This boosts less stats, same major two, and it requires the previous style totaling 11 to obtain this one which makes it require more to obtain. Is a natural 10 points more really too much?

--------------------
PM
^
BurningBright
 Posted: Feb 2 2018, 08:15 AM
Quote Post
Administrator

Allows the user to shrug off natural exhaustion so long as they keep moving and attacking in this style.

This is still in the benefits section. As written, that is infinite stamina.

As for numbers:

D-ranked Techniques - May increase or decrease attributes by 5 points or skills by 10 points.

C-ranked Techniques - May increase or decrease attributes by 10 points or skills by 15 points.

B-ranked Techniques - May increase or decrease attributes by 25 points or skills by 40 points.

A-ranked Techniques - May increase or decrease attributes by 40 points or skills by 60 points.

S-ranked Techniques - May increase or decrease attributes by 70 points or skills by 100 points.

These numbers are guidelines. The Shikyaku fighting style DOES exceed the B-rank guideline, but not by much-only 5 points. That fighting style also only provides a numerical buff. This exceeds the A-rank guideline by 10 points, gives a hypothetical (but let's be honest, no RPC is going to be bigger than Itami, so not really hypothetical) 10 point boost on top of that, and gives an unspecified stamina boost. It really is almost S-rank. Honestly, depending on how effective that stamina boost is, it IS S-rank.

The number of attributes it boosts is irrelevant. Only the total buff it provides, regardless of where that buff is landing.

Having requirements can help a fighting style. But an A-rank jutsu that is a derivative of a B-rank does not become automatically on the same level as a similar S-rank just because the requirements makes it cost more. Same logic applies to fighting styles.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
IzzetDragon
 Posted: Feb 2 2018, 08:26 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif oops

True, not the same gap though, but alright I understand...changed to 20 on both

Does the extra 10 need to go, I don't look at RPC for such since I'm not a fan of pvp to be honest, I'll remove it just in case

--------------------
PM
^
BurningBright
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 01:17 AM
Quote Post
Administrator

Approved.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Closed TopicStart new topic

Skin made by Kman of Kskins