Posted: Jan 28 2018, 03:44 PM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Member Inventory: View
Ryu: 0

Name: Chikotsu Ken - 血骨剣 [Blood Bone Sword]

Jutsu Type: Nintaijutsu

Requirements: Shikotsumyaku

Description: From within her body, Keiko pulls out a long, bloody, bone that has been shaped into a sword using her chakra. This requires pulling out one of the bones that would come from either her arms or legs. The sword is sharp enough to cut through shuriken and other basic projectiles. At stronger levels, in accordance with other applications related to this jutsu, it could also cut through steel with relative ease. This jutsu does not require a concentration upkeep after the initial cost. This does not require handseals.

Limitations: No more than two can be created simultaneously with this technique. This limitation cannot be removed.

Drawbacks: During the time this weapon is created, the user won't be able to use said limb until the bone reforms inside their body.

Creator: Keiko Kaguya

Cost: 10 + Cost of Bone Durability

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
^
BurningBright
 Posted: Jan 29 2018, 11:41 AM
Quote Post
Administrator

What is the cost of bone durability? Is that based on other apps? If so, they should be linked, or you should define the variant costs here or something.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
ZacDesu
 Posted: Jan 29 2018, 11:27 PM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

30 Chakra to strengthen bones to Steel durability

Tungsten Bones

It's basically based on the original ability and any others that may pop up.

--------------------
user posted image
^
Albacorbis
 Posted: Jan 30 2018, 11:44 AM
Quote Post
Red-Ice Froot Loli

At stronger levels, it could also cut through steel with relative ease.

Could you explain what you mean by that? Specifically the green bit.

--------------------
Vivian Hyuuga
user posted image

Yuzuru Kodogu
user posted image

Haruhi
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
^
ZacDesu
 Posted: Jan 31 2018, 01:44 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

QUOTE (http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Kimimaro)
Kimimaro's abilities came from his kekkei genkai, Shikotsumyaku, which allowed the user to manipulate their own skeletal structure as a means of combat. Specifically, it allowed Kimimaro to manipulate his osteoblast and osteoclast cells, which are responsible for building or breaking down bone tissue. This ability gave him absolute control over the concentration of calcium within his bones, allowing him to control the density or malleability of them. Kimimaro also stated that his bones were stronger than tempered steel. Kimimaro used this ability to wield his bones as weapons in battle, and could use them in the form of taijutsu attacks (which he called dances) to give him a variety of abilities, as well as grant him a near-invincible defence, able to withstand from being crushed by being buried under 200 metres of compressed sand, and most of the impact from even a chakra-enhanced blade, and cut through regular shuriken. He can also grow an entire forest of gigantic bone blades, and even merge with one of them to climb out from underground, allowing a deadly sneak attack. Orochimaru has stated that this was the ultimate taijutsu ability, which is held in high regard, and the main reason why Orochimaru desired Kimimaro to be his next vessel.

Taken from Naruto Wiki.

Basically, since he compacts his bone to the level of 'hardened steel', he can cut through regular shuriken with ease.

In regards to the Moh's Scale for hardness, regular steel is between 4 and 5, hardened steel is around 7, and the Tungsten Carbide is at 9.

In WoN, we have the capacity of changing out bone density to steel normally, so to answer your question, if we change our bones to steel, we could cut through shuriken.

I have made a trait called Tungsten Bones, which basically an upgrade to the regular Steel Bones that Shikotsumyaku grants the user.

This type of 'bone' is approx. double the strength and durability of steel.

- -

You think it might be too much?

--------------------
user posted image
^
BurningBright
 Posted: Feb 2 2018, 07:26 AM
Quote Post
Administrator

It's moreso that you're referencing other abilities without linking them. If some other approved application is letting your weapons be stronger, that's fine, whatever, cool. If you reference the abilities another application gives you, link that application, like I asked before with my previous comment. Jutsu applications need to be written under the assumption that the other person hasn't memorized (or even read) every application you've made before. If you make references to other things, link the other things so that this hypothetical person doesn't have to check every single thing you've ever made just so they can be sure they know what your jutsu can do.

If you write into the description "At stronger levels" and then neglect to specify that you're referring to another application, the implication is that this jutsu, on its own, independently of anything else, has varying levels.

Honestly though, if the ability is already firmly expressed in the other application, there's no need to include the ways this could potentially be upgraded. If I made a trait that made all my fire jutsu violently explode on impact, I wouldn't write the explosion into every subsequent jutsu app.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
ZacDesu
 Posted: Feb 2 2018, 04:07 PM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Edited.

The other app didn't have the 'cutting' ability mentioned.

--------------------
user posted image
^
BurningBright
 Posted: Feb 8 2018, 12:44 PM
Quote Post
Administrator

Why the limitation? The Kaguya can bring their bones back almost instantly, for one, but for two, you've got four applicable limbs. Since they can replace their bones almost instantly, it doesn't really make sense that only two of these can exist at a time.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
ZacDesu
 Posted: Feb 8 2018, 02:37 PM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Well, only because you need your hand to pull out a bone and if you pull out one from your leg, it let's you remain stationary for a period of time. These bones don't grow that fast.

They can instantly be moved from inside your bone, but to create it, I believe takes a bit longer.

This post has been edited by Keiko Kaguya: Feb 10 2018, 01:20 AM

--------------------
user posted image
^
BurningBright
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 01:20 AM
Quote Post
Administrator

*shrug* It's just that I remember Kimimaro removing his entire spine and still being fully mobile immediately afterwards. So, I don't see why that wouldn't be the case here. But, whatevs, your jutsu. Approved.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Closed TopicStart new topic

Skin made by Kman of Kskins