> [Trait] Prodigy (Theme)
IzzetDragon
 Posted: Apr 2 2018, 04:41 PM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Member Inventory: View
Ryu: 0

Prodigy (Theme)
Description: Did you have an early start in life, were you given special attention, or are you just naturally gifted? If you said yes to any of this you're definitely special and very skilled in a particular talent be it an attribute, skill, jutsu, item, or even an advanced ability. This means when you use your excellent talent you are considered a cut above the rest who aren't as such, easily allowing you to bridge small gaps to your "betters" or expanding the gap to your "inferiors". "A pebble in the hands of a master is worth far more than a sword in the hands of a common soldier." This can only be taken once for each theme you take.
Benefit: You are extremely talented in your chosen theme; granting you a bonus ??? to your points to be spent on one of the combat information categories; inventory, traits, attributes, skills, techniques, chakra natures, or advanced abilities.
Cost: 7

Trait Type: A

--------------------
PM
^
IzzetDragon
 Posted: Apr 2 2018, 04:43 PM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

I thought I'd try this at B but then I remembered how well Sasuke used Sharingan against Itachi's Mangekyou...A...better safe than sorry, I used that as a cap regardless of Itachi's condition

--------------------
PM
^
ZacDesu
 Posted: Apr 3 2018, 12:43 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Stats wise, if two people are the same and one has the Prodigy theme, their power output could be considered stronger? I'm assuming each character's wit and way of battling in combat is excluded in this particular trait. This solely compares two techniques of similar styles?

If that's the case, why not put solid numbers into this like

+30 to [any stat] for the user when battling against a similar style.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
^
IzzetDragon
 Posted: Apr 7 2018, 08:19 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

That could work for stats and skills but the rest can't use the same intervals, those are easy, but even the training mastery isn't definitive

I'll throw in some numbers for those two at least but the rest need something just as appropriate

I added in stuff to make the buffs more refined. I know this is A in power and each use of this only pertains to one particular topic but, if I understand the rules, the varied power means the boosting numbers can't be as high...unless I'm mistaken

--------------------
PM
^
BurningBright
 Posted: Apr 15 2018, 01:02 AM
Quote Post
Administrator

techniques are considered to be the next rank up, and abilities such as Kekkei Genkai are a level stronger.

These won't work, for separate reasons.

For techniques, "considered 1 rank higher" doesn't mean anything. There is no such thing as X-rank power, X-rank speed, X-rank defense, etc. So saying your B-rank is like an A-rank doesn't really do anything. What matters is a composite of a jutsu's complexity, how much chakra is spent, how appropriate the effect is to the element, the potency of the effect, etc. Rank is more like an indicator of all those things together. The only situation where Rank can actually matter is if two identical jutsu powered by identical stats were to clash; the higher ranked one would win. But I've literally never seen that scenario happen on a forum.

You can still have it increase the potency of a technique; it just has to state HOW it is increasing that potency. Just throwing a new rank on it doesn't tell us anything about how the technique functions once it's powered up.

As for Kekkei Genkai and other Advanced Abilities, that's not so much a mechanical issue as it is a balance one. If you want a particular level of an advanced ability, you need that advanced ability's level. Getting EMS for the cost of Mangekyou and a trait, or the 8th Gate for the cost of the 7th and a trait, for example, is just a flat no.

EDIT:

As for the Attributes/Skills, it needs to be indicated that this can only apply to X attributes/skills. As written, you could theoretically say your "Theme" is "Jack of all Trades", and apply the buff to...well, everything.

There is also some confusion among some other mods about how this would affect jutsu. As I see it, it's meant to work like this:

"Take trait, you say your theme is Speed, Speed now has a 25 point buff."

Others are afraid it may work like this instead:

"Take trait, you say your theme is Speed, all jutsu that buff Speed now do so either at 25 Points, regardless of rank, or with an additional 25 on top of what the jutsu does."

Can you clarify which is accurate?

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
IzzetDragon
 Posted: May 15 2018, 07:44 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Sorry sorry sorry...I'm terribly sorry I forgot this was here completely

As for this I saw the problems and get the point, most points have no meaning like with techniques, and we know I'm bad at specifics

As for AA no it wasn't the abilities as much as it was aimed at their base power like increasing the Sharingan sight or any Doujutsu or increase to senses would be more potent and defined, things like that but yeah I admit I didn't think it all through

How about I just reword it to give additional points on a specific style like more points towards the Jutsu list, AA, items, trait/fighting styles, attributes, skills, something central to the RPC...the only thing I question is how many points? Either a hard number or something like pets, for every certain number of points?

--------------------
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topic

Skin made by Kman of Kskins