> Rescue Princess Peach [ANBU Mission]
kanna
 Posted: Apr 15 2018, 02:47 PM
Quote Post
Gopher Tuna

Member Inventory: View
Ryu: 4300

NPC Post -

Promptly at seven in the morning, Vivian was to meet with her superior, Otohiko – a tall, slender Jounin with dark yellow hair and exhausted eyes of lackluster purple. Assuming Vivian was punctual, he would explain the objectives of this particular mission with little to no enthusiasm, almost as if he were brushing it off or had zero interest in the fact that a young girl was missing. Once he finished with the necessary memos and whatnot, he then instructed her to meet with another ANBU, an Uzumaki boy with fiery red hair and cinnamon-colored hues, who was quite the opposite of their superior. He talked. A lot. Mostly about random weather patterns and how excited he was to get to use his brand-spanking new fuuinjutsu on today’s guinea pig, Vivian. Or as he explained it, today’s volunteer. Regardless of what she was or was not, he told her what the seal would do and that he would be her liaison that would keep tabs on her while she was out in the field.

You’ll be able to communicate with me and vice versa while out on mission. There might be some negative effects, but then again, there might not be. Not entirely sure, however, I’ll be able to help you as much as possible and if you get in trouble, I can have you extracted. Savvy?

With a bright and genuine smile, the Uzumaki boy placed the small seal behind her right ear where she could hear him and he could hear her; this would be tested and successful for the time being. No cost would be imposed on Vivian as he would take all costs for the duration of this thread, in case anyone wanted to know. Anyways, with a quick goodbye and a good luck, Vivian was dismissed with a singular piece of paper that had a few scribbled instructions on it:

Kawakagure –  Ask for the River Guardian.

Thus Vivian’s journey would begin in Kawakagure.

Let me know as soon as you arrive there,” she would hear inside her head, the resonating sound of the Uzumaki’s voice.

--------------------

user posted image
Kodogu Zaijorou
けつお食べる
PM
^
Vivian Hyuuga
 Posted: May 13 2018, 08:04 PM
Quote Post
Ghost of Akari

Ryu: 500

Vivian sat through her mission briefing silently and digested the information Otohiko was giving her. The whole thing sounded like something that was beneath, or at the very least outside, of regular anbu activity. That alone gave her pause but she didn't remark on it to her captain. Whatever the reason may be she was sure it would come to light, and if it didn't then that just meant it was information she wasn't meant to know.

Meetinwith the Uzumaki boy was... An experience. He didn't exactly seem the most reliable. If it came to just sending sound her own transmission jutsu which was in the works would hypothetically work without turning her into a zombie or whatever the hell the side effects would potentially be from this guy's jutsu. It was unfortunate that she hadnt had the time to sit down and finalize it. Placing her hand on his shoulder she looked him in the eyes and smiled.

"Just realize that if your fuuinjutsu makes me develop a taste for human flesh you will be the first person I find."

Allowing herself to be sealed and satisfied that for the moment she wasn't suddenly craving brains she set out Kawakagure, pausing only briefly at the edge of her own village to acquire a steed. No point in wearing herself down before she even got there after all. Assuming she got to Kawakagure with no incident she would stop well enough outside and make a kage bunshin. The bunshin would take her place on the steed and enter the village while the main body waited. It would also take one of Vivian's kunai with it at this time.

"I've arrived. Beginning a search for this 'River Guardian'."

Unless there was any indication she should be doing otherwise she would begin her search at the nearest Inn, first finding stabling for her mount and then housing for herself in case this mission went on longer than she'd like.

--------------------
Vivian Hyuuga
user posted image
PM
^
kanna
 Posted: May 23 2018, 11:34 AM
Quote Post
Gopher Tuna

NPC Post -

Vivian would arrive in Kawagakure without incident and the minor village itself was quite spectacular – lush gardens of varying blooms dotted the rolling hills, warm stone-built homes were lively, and the inhabitants appeared to happily converse with one another while purchasing everyday necessities. To Vivian’s immediate Eastern side would be an enormous river that seemed unending and to her Western side would be a massive estate, almost like a castle of sorts, which overlooked the village. The pathway through the center of the village was laid with cobblestone that had flattened over many years of use and several shoppes and stores lined each side. Nobody would pay her much attention save for a group of Shinobi lazing about at a table, drinking tea and talking amongst themselves. Their eyes never wavered as she passed by, however, they said nothing but if she were at all instinctual, she’d have a feeling that she wasn’t welcome.

Before long, a voice would be heard from within Vivian’s head.

Good, you made it. The River Guardian, from my notes here, should be located somewhere near the river.” He snorted from laughing. “Sorry, but I mean, that’d be obvious, right?” Yet another chuckle. “Alright, enough of that, listen, from what I know, you have to offer something in order for the River Guardian to appear. Wait… what the hell is this?” A slight yelling could be heard in the distance as the Uzumaki scolded someone else before returning. “Vivian-san, you’re pretty much on your own here. There isn’t anything about what the River Guardian even is here. Someone fucked up and wrote a fairytale rather than fact. Maybe ask a local about it?

The rest would be on Vivian as the transmission ended with the Uzumaki going batshit on another person. There were several people to ask, several people that seemed helpful and whatnot, but the group of Shinobi kept their gaze on Vivian except for one that went missing, disappearing without a trace. If she cared to look closely enough, she would notice that they were also talking to one another via communication seals and bore similar faces as if they were from the same family or Clan. Their clothes were identical – dark blue with yellow markings and a black raven on their backs. Before, there had been four, but now, there was only three - two boys and one girl, all of which had brilliant blue eyes and obsidian black hair.

In this instance, Vivian could ask them for their assistance or she could ask the older gentleman that sold fruit nearby. Or even someone else. The choice would be hers to make.

--------------------

user posted image
Kodogu Zaijorou
けつお食べる
PM
^
Vivian Hyuuga
 Posted: May 23 2018, 06:51 PM
Quote Post
Ghost of Akari

Ryu: 500

The Viv-clone would make its way through the village and soak it all in. The architecture was fascinating enough on its own that if she were here in more favorable conditions she would have loved nothing more than to examine them all at length. As it was all she had to contend with were the Shifty McShiftertons and their tea party. Ignoring the shinobi outright Vivian walked by them and simply wandered around. Her aim would be to find a store, any kind of store really. It didn't matter what was inside it but rather, how it presented itself.

She wasn't after the biggest and the best, they might not be interested in biting. No no, there would need to be some modesty to the store she sought. So then once she found a store that seemed to meet her criteria she would pause for a moment and study it from the outside. Entering in Vivian looked around briefly trying to see if there was a bathroom easily visible before smiling at the shopkeeper.

"Hey there! What do you have in here?"

Peering closely at the merchandise she eyed it closely as if trying to determine its value. Well, not exactly 'as if'. She was raised as the daughter of a pair of travelling merchants, appraising was as easy for her as breathing. Standing up with a start as if she just realized something her face flushed as she rushed over to the storekeeper.

"Where are my manors? My name is Tomoko. I'm with a group of travelling merchants. We're probably some of the only people crazy enough to try and trade outside of our village, but there's good money to be had for all parties. My job is to find us new partners, would that be something that I could interest you in?"

It was all just like she had seen her parents do dozens of times when she had come with them seeking new trade routes. In this world full of Akuma and humans threatening you in the wilds there were few that chose to trade with other villages. A moderately successful store probably didn't already have easy access to traders, but if it did get that access the traders could rely on the store to not shut down overnight like if they approached a poorly performing store. All in all it was an act that wasn't an act.

She would keep up the pretense for an appropriate amount of time, feeling out whether or not the merchant even wanted such an opportunity. Not everyone would after all, but it didn't matter. What mattered was that the offer had been extended in a natural fashion and she got a better idea of who this merchant was. Even if he was interested she wasn't going to 'commit' to anything just yet. First she had to do some more rounds around the village, get back to her group, then she would return to close the deal. With that said she could proceed to phase two. Adopting a curious look Vivian brought up another subject as she felt around the store with her hearing to find out how many other people were in the store.

"Oh, hey. My group leader mentioned something funny to me before I left. Something about a River Guardian? I don't suppose you know anything about that do you? I should have just asked him but I was still mad about the prank they all pulled the other day and I just wanted to get out." Vivian laughed as she rubbed the back of her head.

--------------------
Vivian Hyuuga
user posted image
PM
^
kanna
 Posted: May 23 2018, 07:35 PM
Quote Post
Gopher Tuna

NPC Post -

Vivian would find herself inside a mediocre supply shoppe – they sold pretty much anything they could get their hands on; from sandals to gum to kitty litter to food stuffs. By no means were they wealthy but they did fairly decent, enough to keep the shoppe open with a little extra to spare. Luckily for Vivian, she’d picked the perfect place to ask about having a free trade without a middle man which is where most of their money went. The keeper was a petite woman named Suki, who introduced herself with a meek voice and pleasant smile, and she was most certainly interested in doing this new trade agreement. All was going to Vivian’s plan and the two would be able to carry on conversations with little to no problems and when Vivian asked about the River Guardian, Suki smiled brightly.

Ah, yes, the River Guardian. You see, for many years, the river here in Kawagakure has long since been the resource for our prosperity and some time ago, pillagers took control of the river and our village almost died since that’s our main trading route. Anyways, a woman named Adyllia killed all the pillagers and reclaimed the river which ultimately lead to her descendents being known as the River Guardians. Well, only one of each generation is chosen, the strongest and most fit to be in control, almost like a Kage of one of the bigger villages but without the title and responsibility to the other villages. The one now is Adelphia and she lives just a little ways from here in a house covered with Spanish moss. You can’t miss it if you go north when you leave. She’s a bit eccentric but very kind…

Suki finished her explanation and offered Vivian a basket of baked goods to take on her travels, hoping that she’d hear from the group’s leader about the new trade agreement. Vivian would next to challenged with the task of getting to the River Guardian’s home which shouldn’t take too long as it was only a short distance from the store she’d picked. However, as she would leave the store and make her way to Adelphia’s house, she would easily feel the presence of someone following her but every time she’d look around, there would be nobody there nor would anything be out of the way. Perhaps it was a feeling, nothing more.

When Vivian would arrive, she would notice that Adelphia’s home was like a treehouse; covered in Spanish moss as it hung over the riverside, overlooking the deep blue waters of her keep. Luckily, there was a bridge that crossed the river but nobody seemed to ever walk across it as it appeared to be worn, cracked, and practically broken. She would have to try and cross or find another way across the river to gain entrance to the River Guardian’s home. Swimming was optional but ill-advised.

--------------------

user posted image
Kodogu Zaijorou
けつお食べる
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topic

Skin made by Kman of Kskins