Reply to this topicStart new topic

> Training Area 32
Uchiha, Zau
 Posted: Jun 12 2018, 09:00 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Member Inventory: View
Ryu: 600

Zau, one of the more promising members of the Uchiha clan, had been promoted to Jounin-and, as such, he had received a team of his very own, which just so happened to have multiple Uchiha on it-though, it was probably intentional. The Uchiha clan DID have some pull in the village, after all-it wasn't that far-fetched to believe that they'd intentionally put as many of their members on one team as they could.

Of course, the fact that there were only a handful of Jounin in the village meant Zau had to have more genin than was customary, but he felt confident that he could handle the extra load.

~~~

Each Genin would wake that morning to see a sparrow tapping on their window, with a message wrapped around one of their legs. The message was short, written in a sharp, halting hand.

Training Area 32, 0800

~~~

Training Area 32 was an atypical training ground; most were open, allowing for a wide range of view. The main focus of this one was an artificial river, built against a series of caves and tunnels, some of which were even underwater. Zau sat atop an overlook, roughly 10 feet above the water. His legs were crossed and his eyes were closed; he seemed to be meditating.

--------------------
Uchiha, Zau
user posted image
PM
^
Uchiha, Ninigi
 Posted: Jun 13 2018, 04:54 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Ryu: 7900

It was another weird morning for the genin, he woke up to a bird tapping against his window sill. His window had been opened and surely if it wanted to invade his privacy it could have come in uninvited. Ninigi's eyes had woken up with complete clarity, and his body would show similar wokeness as he quickly pulled a shuriken and flung it at the window. He missed by a huge margin and this was because he had changed his target the moment he saw how small the bird was.

He would apologize and proceed to retrieve his message. This would be followed by a quick meal and some freshening up for the day. In no time he was gone.

(<>)(<>)(<>)

He arrived at the location Training 32, early enough to be safe if '0800' had been the time scheduled. The venue was very spacey and Ninigi felt for certain that there was no way that the man who sat cross-legged, supposedly meditating afar off was not aware of his presence. He felt for certain this was his sensei. He appreciated the river and would come closer before he finally spoke out loud.

"Good morning, I believe you sent the sparrow with the message..." I wonder if he knows anything about the crow...

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Uchiha, Zau
 Posted: Jun 13 2018, 05:16 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Without opening his eyes, Zau replied. "Good morning. I believe you tried to kill it."

The sparrow Ninigi had taken a shot at was there, standing on Zau's knee. Apparently, it tattled.

"Til the others get here, I suggest taking in the surroundings. By the end of today, you're going to hate this place, so enjoy it now."

The sparrow that sat on Zau's knee vanished with a small burst of smoke; with Ninigi being here, it no longer had to stick around. Zau didn't react to the bird vanishing, and despite his words sounding somewhat antagonistic, Zau's tone remained steady and composed, as if he didn't mind at all that the sparrow almost died.

Ninigi would see other things around Zau; behind him, his censer, the chain carefully coiled around in a pile beneath it; to his right, a sheathed sword that was dull, though Ninigi would have no way of knowing that detail.

Another sparrow landed on Zau's shoulder, tweeted something, to which Zau nodded, and then flew off again. "Your teammates are on their way."

--------------------
Uchiha, Zau
user posted image
PM
^
Uchiha, Ninigi
 Posted: Jun 13 2018, 05:36 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

A side-eye would find the sparrow courtesy of the genin. He sighed as Zau dropped his statements. "Well, I wouldn't have been violent at all if I had not been attacked by a similar creature a while ago. A huge three-legged crow came in through the same window while I slept." The scenario he had described clearly portrayed similar features: an avian visitor, the genin asleep, his address and exact point of entry.

Considering you know my address, and summon birds...do you know anything about the crow tha night? He thought to himself now about the questions he would have asked. As he grew he had started to become more tactical in his approach to dealing with issues. The sparrow had puffed away now and Ninigi was mentally trying to accept that he was going to hate these grounds at the end of today.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Yuzuru Kodogu
 Posted: Jun 13 2018, 03:12 PM
Quote Post

Ryu: 300

Yuzuru had been awake since before the crack of dawn, having been called out to practice his craft in the forges below the Kodogu compound. It had been some years since he had first awoken his bloodline and most expected him to follow in his families footsteps. Coming from a long line of Juggernauts meant his fate was almost certain, yet here he was with no progress in sight.

Returning to his room he suddenly noticed the birb being a menace outside his window. Extracting the message and reading what little there was Yuzuru cocked an eyebrow although otherwise didn't display any emotion. He had been training in isolation for over three years now with only a smattering of inclusion with other genin. Was the village finally getting its act together and assigning him a team?

With a shrug the genin prepared himself a change of clothes and cleaned himself up before heading out.

~~~

"Uchiha Ninigi, I might have known."

Yuzuru called out as soon as he was close enough to recognize the other genin, his voice full of mock contempt. He was all smiles when he finally reached the duo although he looked somewhat confused at seeing Zau.

"I'm Yuzuru. Sorry, I don't recognize you. I assume you're in some way related to me getting called out here?"

--------------------
Yuzuru Kodogu
user posted image
PM
^
Uchiha, Zau
 Posted: Jun 14 2018, 10:45 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

"A three legged crow? Sounds like a Yatagarasu, but I have no clue why one would be bothering you. I've never seen one, but there are stories. Some say they're messengers of the gods. I think they're just weird summonings."

Zau detected the approach of the second genin, again, without opening his eyes. The newcomer spoke to Ninigi first, then to Zau. Apparently, this was Yuzuru, a member of the Kodogu clan. Zau hadn't had much experience with them, but from what he remembered, they could form an odd element, similar to the Kemuri, though the Kodogu worked with steel, rather than smoke.

"I am Uchiha Zau. The village has assigned me to you as a sensei. Ninigi is on your team as well, as are two others who have yet to arrive."

For the first time since anyone arrived, Zau finally opened his eyes, observing those present. Ninigi looked like your average Uchiha-dark hair and dark eyes, though Zau suspected that Ninigi could probably make those eyes crimson if he wanted to, given his pedigree. Yuzuru had long dark hair and steely grey eyes; he could have passed for a Kemuri, perhaps, if he were a bit messier. Both of the arrivals were a bit too clean for Zau's liking-it was like they didn't get their hands dirty at all.

Zau closed his eyes again, returning to his meditation. He observed the sound of the creek bubbling beneath him, memorized its subtle language-every churn told him where the water struck upon a rock, and gave away the speed of the water.

"Out of curiosity, can you both walk on water?"

--------------------
Uchiha, Zau
user posted image
PM
^
Kemuri, Genji
 Posted: Jun 14 2018, 04:24 PM
Quote Post

Ryu: 1000

Getting showered and presentable she'd put on her newest clothing that she had bought for meeting the team. She had tore up and worn out her last outfit in her last training session out at the Oasis after all. Twice now she had received messages from birds, the first to return to the village and the next a cute sparrow on a time/date to meet her team. Doing a little research she learned that Uchiha, Zau would be their sensei. She couldn't learn much about him other than he was a Uchiha and a skilled shinobi.

"An Uchiha...so far no one knows about my sharingan but if I'm to grow it this is a blessing in disguise. It's not that I want to keep it a secret or anything, it's just I grew up in another Clan and my heritage has always been kinda shadowed. Well best to not worry about it!"

Approaching behind two others she'd recognize one of the genin as her training partner out in the Oasis. Soon as he noticed her, she'd wave and smile at him happy that they were ending up on a team together. The other however would be a fresh new face...the face of someone a little older than her, which would shock her, and very attractive.

"Hello. I guess might be the last one here. I'm Kemuri, Genji."

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
Uchiha, Ninigi
 Posted: Jun 14 2018, 06:39 PM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Ninigi's eyes would slyly observe the meditating Jounin as he talked about the bird. Messengers from the gods? Who was Amaterasu the crow had spoken of? Perhaps he could brush it off as a weird summon, but why would it attack him? He wouldn't press further, and before he could take a deep breath a familiar wind would blow past. The tall steelsmith compadre of his would call out the young Uchiha's name. He would smirk a bit before he turned around to receive his friend.

"Yuzuru Kodogu. Not surprising at all."

He would welcome his friend who would then have words for their Jounin sensei. Zau would introduce himself briefly along with his mission and would then proceed to ask about their progress. "Yes, I can walk on water." Perhaps the Jounin figured he would teach them that first because of the river, or was it his love for the technique that brought them here?

It wouldn't be long before the party of three became four as another genin made her way to the training ground. This one was familiar, and he would notice her as she came closer. She was the girl he had met very recently on the outskirts of the village. Genji...

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Yuzuru Kodogu
 Posted: Today at 01:32 pm
Quote Post

Ryu: 300

It was good to see his friend and ally was to be assigned to his team, although he had an inkling that would be the case ever since their mission together ages ago. The new voice that spoke out he didn't recognize, although judging from the look on Ninigi's face the other genin did. Studying her as she approached Yuzuru could tell that she was fit at least but knew that trying to draw further conclusions from appearance alone was futile. He himself was a prime example of that. For instance, some might even assume he didn't like to get his hands dirty from the immaculate way he presented himself.

Approaching Genji he clapped her on the shoulder with one hand in a friendly fashion and introduced himself, being careful to hold back his strength.

"Pleasure to meet you, Genji. I look forward to working together."

Turning back to Zau he gave a short nod and crossed his arms loosely. There wasn't really much for him to do until he had further instruction.

"Yes sensei. I can use that technique and most of the other 'genin basics' I believe, unless there are a few I am simply unaware of. Is this all of us or will there be more?"

--------------------
Yuzuru Kodogu
user posted image
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topic

Skin made by Kman of Kskins