Reply to this topicStart new topic

> Some Kemuri in a Coffee Shop
Uchiha, Zau
 Posted: Jul 9 2018, 08:50 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Member Inventory: View
Ryu: 700

Zau, whilst ruminating on life, found himself in an odd place-a coffee shop. He didn't even drink coffee, to be perfectly honest, but he'd received word from his other family-the Kemuri-that one of their own had recently been promoted to Genin, much later than most. They wanted Zau to watch out for this one; apparently, he hadn't lived in the village very long, and was more closely related to Zau than most-he was actually only Zau's second cousin, though the two had never met.

Zau sat at a table, watching people as they passed. He didn't order anything-not yet. He simply waited. He wasn't sure what Dante would look like, but apparently, he carried a massive sword-so, there was that, at least.

It was towards the end of summer in Akari, so it was pretty hot out. Even so, Zau wore his full robes and sat outside-he, at least, would be easy to find, as well as easily identifiable by the Uchiha Fan with Kemuri kanji, woven into the back of his robe. Few enough people would have one of those.

--------------------
Uchiha, Zau
user posted image
PM
^
Kemuri, Dante
 Posted: Jul 9 2018, 09:07 AM
Quote Post

Ryu: 3700

He entered the coffee shop, clad in nothing but jeans in a light tee, leaving his sword at back at the den. There was nothing he truly feared here in Akari that would warrant him bringing the weapon, nothing that would need such measures to defend himself with. Dante let a hand brush a few stray hairs back into place as he walked to the counter, noticing his relative out of the corner of his eyes. At least, he assumed that was his relative. What other person would be fool enough to attempt to fake the insignia of such clans?

He gave a short order at the counter for two coffees, one black and one sweet, sliding over the coins before moving to the table. He lit a cigarette as he walked to the table, sitting himself down silently before looking at his relative.

Hmph. He feels nothing like his namesake. No bloodlust. His face remained passive as he ignored the voice inside him, resisting the urge to roll his eyes. He simply sat, and looked before speaking, taking another drag of his cigarette. Social situations weren't exactly his strong suit.

"So, I'll ask simply, Zau-sama. Did they send you here to help me, or to control me?" Perfect opening, you oaf. If he could hit his own beast physically right now, he would. He had no doubt that the rumors of his particular academy class not exactly being bloodless had already been heard.
PM
^
Uchiha, Zau
 Posted: Jul 10 2018, 01:05 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

What an odd person. Zau noted his cousin; a smoker, rather large, an arrogant swagger to him that seemed awfully familiar. Before Zau could say anything to the newcomer, a waitress stopped by and deposited the coffees. Zau wasn't sure which was his, but he reached for the sweeter one; smoking dulled your sense of taste, so Dante could just deal with the black coffee. Zau smiled he brought his coffee to his lips and took a small sip. He savored the flavor for a moment, closed his eyes, and relaxed further into his seat, a contented look on his face. "I'm here to have some coffee."

Zau would say nothing more on the subject as he sat there, occasionally sipping his coffee, waving smoke away from his face every time his cousin exhaled. "It's a nice day, isn't it? Perhaps a bit hot for coffee, but I'll welcome anything other than what the Order makes. Very functional people, monks-none of my masters had any concern for flavor."

Zau set the coffee down between smoke waves and released a contented sigh. "How often do you just sit back and enjoy your surroundings, Dante? People don't do that enough."

--------------------
Uchiha, Zau
user posted image
PM
^
Kemuri, Dante
 Posted: Jul 10 2018, 07:21 AM
Quote Post

A small smile dance on Dante's lips at his relative's answer, understanding it for what it was. He took a final drag, noticing the harshness, the cigarette done and at the filter, stubbing it out in the ashtray on the side of the table, making sure no cherry remained.

He gave a small nod, being able to understand the difference in monotony. While the academy was different when he finally reached civilization years ago, and many things were not to his taste, the difference in...everything, to be frank, was quite welcome. Anything to break the groundhog day he once lived in.

Dante continued to sip his coffee as he pondered an honest answer. Too many people reacted to genuine questions with honest answers such as 'I do.' or 'I'm fine.' rather than giving the few seconds of thought for an answer that was actually worth something, the basic foundations of human intimacy.

"I try my best to, honestly. It's a practice to take enjoyment and appreciation in what one does, even when what one does is nothing."

He took another sip, before letting his cup rest on the coaster, no need to stain the wood.

"People do and don't a lot of things I agree and disagree with in this world. It's my job to simply focus on what's best for me and my spirit. And you? Someone of your background must struggle to find time for himself amongst such a heavy history." He didn't know much about this Zau Uchiha, but what he did know, was that this man came was a direct descendant of what was essentially a messiah for their people.
PM
^
Uchiha, Zau
 Posted: Jul 10 2018, 10:17 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

"I find time. Usually in training, or with my Genin." Zau tugged at his sleeve, drawing attention to his robes. "This helps. Both because I have to split my responsibility between the Village and the Order, and because the Order taught me all the methods I need to slow down every now and then."

Zau took another sip from his coffee, and turned his attention back to the people walking on the street. Each of them was moving on their own-some to missions, others to run errands, but most just to be walking. Zau closed his eyes, again clearly relaxing.

"So, am I what you expected?"

Zau opened his eyes, now displaying his Sharingan. The glowing crimson eyes could pierce through most mental defenses-most importantly, however, they could see chakra. Zau could see the hint of a second chakra beneath the first-not enough to make out details or identify the beast, but at least enough to confirm the rumors he'd heard. His cousin was a Jinchuuriki.

Zau had only met one Jinchuuriki til now-and that one had been during the Chuunin exams, many years ago. If the realization of Dante's status bothered Zau, it didn't show. Of course, since Dante was a full Kemuri, it was likely that he wouldn't know that Zau could see that deeply into him. Still, the eyes had a powerful disarming effect on most-some didn't even need to be hit with a Genjutsu before they forgot their guard when those eyes were turned upon them.

--------------------
Uchiha, Zau
user posted image
PM
^
Kemuri, Dante
 Posted: Jul 10 2018, 10:37 AM
Quote Post

He knows. He fucking knows I'm here. Those fucking eyes, those fucking godforsaken eyes...Devils eyes.

Dante's face remained passive as he felt his inside roil and toil, Ho-Masubi in obviously emotional fire inside of him. He sighed as he shook his head, lighting another cigarette, making care that his smoke was blown off to the side. The beast inside did not like those eyes by far.

"You could just ask, cousin mine. I have no reason to lie to you. Stranger you might be, you're still family, and your honor precedes you. "

Dante took another drag, longer than normal, letting the harshness of chemicals in his throat relax him. It was unnerving; short of the academy teachers, there hadn't been someone he was wary against in a long time. He knew to pick his battles carefully, if this could even be considered a battle to come. His first instinct was to jump on the defensive, even though he knew there was nothing to defend against except unease.

His mind flashed back to academy sparring matches, letting his emotions get the best of him and snapping his opponents ndck accidently with strength, having the proctor grab him by the neck and fling him across the room. With a gentle shake of his head, he dispelled the memory.

"mmm, I love this coffee shop. So, a better question, pretenses and wonderful beverage aside. Now that you know, am I to be eliminated? Zaulyl was already a shinobi of honor and distinguishment, what are you to do? Has my time come now that it's in the air with the wild card in this era that I am?"

He picked up his coffee and downed the rest. "But no, to answer the question. You are not what I expected because I expected nothing. Trust half of what you see, and none of what you hear."
PM
^
Uchiha, Zau
 Posted: Jul 11 2018, 01:20 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Zau didn't answer for a time, letting his cousin fill most of the conversation. He quietly sipped his coffee throughout, eventually letting his eyes fade back to black. When he finished, Zau set his coffee down, now finished, and looked back to Dante.

"I could have just asked, yes. But...'trust half of what you see, and none of what you hear'. And I can see more than most. You opened this conversation by asking if I was meant to leash you-why should I assume you'd tell me the full truth about any topic, when five minutes ago, you thought I could have been here as an enemy?"

Zau considered what he had seen, and whirled that information around in his head. He couldn't make out details of the beast, only that it was definitely there. It didn't seem overly powerful-had it broken loose, Zau probably could have made short work of it all on his own, and Dante himself was no real threat to a Jounin either, so there wasn't a great deal of risk here at all.

"Why would you be eliminated? As long as your passenger is stuck inside you, he isn't out here. I prefer it that way. One day, I'll find a way to put them all back where they belong, but until then, the best place for any one of them is trapped inside a person."

--------------------
Uchiha, Zau
user posted image
PM
^
Kemuri, Dante
 Posted: Jul 11 2018, 07:23 AM
Quote Post

Kill him. Fucking kill him now. Did you hear him? He wants me gone, back to the beginning!

The demon in him screamed, and screamed, raising all the noise in his head to a considerable volume. Dante let nothing show, simply leaning forward to rest an elbow on his knee, giving a small grown akin to a stomach ache.

He took another drag while smiling, slightly less of a spark in his face as his insides were nearly quite literally moving.

"Just because we fight different wars does not mean we are enemies." Are you fucking kidding me? Yes, we are, you overgrown man-ape.

He shrugged as he leaned back, fighting against the movement in his stomach, taking a drag and stretching an arm out on the back of the bench.

"This thi-...He, is a much a part of me now as your left arm is of you."

He sighed, gazing at the ceiling for a moment. Dante looked as his cousin, taking another drag without breaking eye contact, blowing the smoke to the side. "And tell me. What happens, if that day comes, and I refuse and take my own path in this matter?" There was no threat in his words. His face, his tone, were void of anger, malice, fear. It was a question said in the matter of a professor asking a student his opinion on life, genuine curiosity and open-mindedness, just tinged with a hint of compassion.

"At the end of the day, which comes first? Village orders? Family? Trusting man in the decision of his choices? "

Dante leaned forward, arms crossing each other on the table, hands clasped.

"You will kill me one day if I can't control him inside me. I understand that, a mark places upon me. But what if, just what if, years from now with some help, I can? If it is his hand, and my will? Will you still rip apart my soul...family of mine?"
PM
^
Uchiha, Zau
 Posted: Jul 11 2018, 01:12 PM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Zau noted the discomfort his cousin seemed to be feeling; he was used to observing those cues in those around him, even when those around him tried to hide them. Is the beast upset? In any case, Zau stood up from his seat; he was apparently ready to go. He dropped a few coins on the table and turned away from his cousin.

"Different wars? Lighten up."

Zau started walking away, and got a few feet before he stopped and looked back at Dante. "If and when that time comes, I'll do what needs to be done. I made a vow to not kill, but you should let the thing inside you know that my vows don't apply to Akuma. If he steps out of line, I'll split the two of you up and find a way to destroy him indefinitely.

It's not that I don't trust you. It's that I don't trust him.
"

And with that, Zau leaped up and away, taking to the rooftops. Dante was free to follow if he so chose, but Zau had grown tired of coffee.

--------------------
Uchiha, Zau
user posted image
PM
^
Kemuri, Dante
 Posted: Jul 11 2018, 02:12 PM
Quote Post

Dante smiled at his cousin's comment.

"It's a metaphor."

He left the money on the table, let it be the waitress's tip even though they hadn't even seen her once. Easiest money she'll ever make, honestly.

He walked to the door, hand jerking to his head to rub his temple as Ho-Masubi roared in his head. You're fucking following him? He's going to kill me if you don't rip his throat out. He gave a cough, feeling the pressure in his head, sparks flying from his mouth, catching slightly on the carpet mat by the door. He took a deep breath and composed himself, straightening himself and pushed the white noise out in his head, stepping on the small flame to extinguish it as he walked.

Dante followed his cousin to the rooftops, tee rustling in the wind.

"Zau-sama. Is there anything you can do to help teach me in this area? Or show me the proper direction to look?" While both of them were descendants of Zaulyl, Zau Uchiha here was more in touch with the history of their family. While he had met many Shinobi, he was the only jinchuuriki he knew. Most stayed far away from his kind, but Zau might know where to start, on any path he could possibly take.
PM
^
Uchiha, Zau
 Posted: Jul 12 2018, 12:10 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Dante followed, it seemed. Zau shrugged-most of the people he knew were more concerned with destroying Akuma, not controlling them. Still, both Zau and Dante were descended from a Jinchuuriki who DID befriend his inner demon-so it was possible.

"I have no idea, and I'm afraid you won't find much help in that path no matter where you look. The focus has always been on fighting back against them. I do have a friend who has some talent in Fuuinjutsu, and a bit of an obsession with Akuma...but...she's more hellbent on killing Akuma than I am."

Zau paused as they reached a new building. This particular building was a library of sorts, and while it had plenty of information on the Uchiha, Zau had always found it lacking when it came to the Kemuri-even Zaulyl was only mentioned a few times in the records, and he was both a Jinchuuriki and a Kage.

"If there are answers, they're in ruins. And most ruins I've been near are Akuma infested. It's no place for Genin; I don't even go out there unless absolutely necessary."

--------------------
Uchiha, Zau
user posted image
PM
^
Kemuri, Dante
 Posted: Jul 12 2018, 11:22 AM
Quote Post

Dante gave a small laugh. "Very technically, I'm a jinchuuriki not an akuma, so that might be a saving grace."

He walked up to the door, giving it a push, feeling the musk and dust fly into his face.

"I don't really have much of a choice now."

Yes, you do. Free me so I can kill this pathetic worm.

He continued to ignore the voice as he entered, the history of the place soaking into his bones. He could feel the antiquity in the air as he looked around; but was it the antiquity he needed?

"The Uchiha had their hands in everything, there has to be something here. Maybe not directly for what I need, but something I can use."

He clenched his fists, stopping any small sparks from flying. The wrong one would set this whole place ablaze.
PM
^
Uchiha, Zau
 Posted: Jul 14 2018, 01:48 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

"Well, if that's what you decide to do, I'd be willing to tag along. You can try to read up on things here, but there's hardly anything to be found on those old records, and little else to be found about Jinchuuriki. The Uchiha have abilities to control them with Genjutsu, but, admittedly, I'm not as good at Genjutsu as most of my clansmates would prefer."

Zau sat down on top of the building and rested a moment, crossing his legs in meditation. He took the time to gather Natural Energy-not for any particular purpose, but it was always a good idea, he found, to have a supply on hand, just in case.

"It speaks to you, doesn't it? Don't trust it. Akuma showed up almost a century ago, and without any negotiation or attempts at diplomacy, tried to wipe us out. They still try to kill us whenever they get a chance. As far as I know, only one Akuma in all of Seichi's history, the Wolf Demon Skoll, sided with humans, and only after many centuries stuck here away from its kind."

--------------------
Uchiha, Zau
user posted image
PM
^
Kemuri, Dante
 Posted: Jul 14 2018, 09:47 AM
Quote Post

Dante turned around, leaning against the doorway to look atZau. "It would be an appreciated effort."

His head filled with that piercing violent noise of his akuma as zau started speaking, mindless white as he felt the rage in him; anger. So much anger. But something else, a tinge of something beneath it all. He couldn't find the word to place it.

A feeling of loss? Hopelessness? Just...something.

Yes, I speak you human wyrm. If this was centuries ago, I would have eaten you whole without blinking, before you got the devil eyes.

Dante did his best to ignore the akuma, head tilting forward as he rubbed his temple to try to ease the pain.

"Yeah, he does." He tried to inflect just a bit of emphasis on the he. There was no reason to throw away common civilities. Somethings couldn't be changed. "I don't know his story exactly, but he's.been around for a very long time, from what I can infer. And he fucking despises those sharingan of yours. Absolutely hates them."
PM
^
Uchiha, Zau
 Posted: Jul 14 2018, 11:27 PM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

"Can't say I'm surprised. Like I said, the Sharingan has some genjutsu that can utterly dominate an Akuma, not to mention the other benefits Sharingan gives just by itself. I'd be surprised to meet an Akuma who knows the Sharingan firsthand and DOESN'T hate it."

Zau exhaled and stood up. It was getting late in the day, and he needed to get started on his training.

"I have training to do. If you need anything, tell a bird. That usually gets the message back to me eventually. You are, of course, welcome to tag along, but we'd be going outside the village, and you'd need to watch from a distance."

With that, Zau stood up and started walking towards the village gate.

--------------------
Uchiha, Zau
user posted image
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topic

Skin made by Kman of Kskins